UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rambling Mundane Fings

merledogs

The 60s were OK, better than the 50s for a start, but I wouldn't want to go back there. I was more of a beatnik than a hippy, slightly earlier date though the two species coexisted for a while same as Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons. Wonder if anyone here even remembers what beatniks were ... Anyway, before they became extinct I had grown my hair very long so was all ready to fit in with the hippy thing.

I'm not quite sure which group I fitted in with :rolleyes: I had a boyfriend with a motorbike when I was 15,much to my mother's horror..so rockers then I suppose...then I was very much into the cheesecloth top and gypsy skirts (or bellbottom jeans) so mildly hippie. Really as my mother and her friends were all arty types and terribly outrageous, I should have rebelled by wearing a twinset and tweed skirts I suppose! I did bring any chance I had of having fun to an abrupt end by getting married in 64 and having my daughter a year later. If I knew then what I knew now..........

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the M & S outlet store near you please?

I've been looking for one of those ever since I moved up to Middlesex.

And I agree, M & S thermals are brill :biggrin:

There's an M&S outlet at the Galleria (Hatfield)and a small one here in Stevenage. For the Hatfield one - straight up the A1 follow the signs for Hatfield and the Galleria. :flowers: The Stevenage one is very small but not too bad. I don't think it would be worth the extra miles though.

There's an M&S outlet at the Galleria (Hatfield)and a small one here in Stevenage. For the Hatfield one - straight up the A1 follow the signs for Hatfield and the Galleria. :flowers: The Stevenage one is very small but not too bad. I don't think it would be worth the extra miles though.

Thanks for that - I must go and investigate.......and shop :biggrin:

:wub: Fleur.

I luffs my fleecy blankets and "may" have quite a few :biggrin:

I also like thermals. the best ones I ever bought were from Aldi or Lidl (Can't remember which).

At the end of a telephone conversation with a colleague this afternoon, he told me he loved me, closely followed by a rather rushed "bye" I know it wasn't meant and he probably had his mind elsewhere, as it was Friday afternoon. :rolleyes: Makes me laugh thinking about it though. :laugh:

After a year of being here, Jack has finally decided that he likes lying on a dog cushion! :biggrin:

I luffs my fleecy blankets and "may" have quite a few :biggrin:

Same here :biggrin: Favourites are a Winnie the Pooh one from Florida and a double thickness pink one with a cat on it from Homebase :rolleyes: :laugh:

Well done Alex :flowers:

Primark sell good thermals :biggrin: :rolleyes: Was very busy there today :wacko: Four more weeks to go :cool: .

What sort of thing are you after Michelle? Laura has a page on FB. Which reminds me to look for one for Dex as his is looking decidedly tatty, possibly due to a wrestling mad little lab cross :rolleyes:

My little Roo and Piglet piggies are really missing Pooh, she was the matriarch of the clan and they both adored her :mecry: She ruled the roost in their run. It's been apple and carrot salad all round in the furries room to try and cheer everyone up.

Hope everyone is managing to keep warm enough :GroupHug:

I luffs you too Marge :wub: :blush:

Not surprised. I think you're smashing Marge :laugh:

I'm on the look out for some handmade collars for the doglets again if anyone knows someone who makes them.

I was going to suggest FB too. :flowers:

I luffs you too Marge :wub: :blush:

:GroupHug: for the piggies.

Thank you Michelle and Marian, I think it's good to share the love :cool: :wink:

I have a RMQ - what does an iPad do? Keep getting emailed to death about how I can't live without one but I have a phone, a pooter and an iPod, so how would my life change :unsure:

I think the iPad makes a lot of money for Apple. :wink:

Grandma Squirrel has an ipad, she found laptops and windows very hard and fiddly but loves her ipad and is now surfing the web very happily. She loves the touch screen and also finds it a lot easier to hold and carry than a laptop

if you already have a laptop and get on with you probably won't find a ipad offers you much more

Grandma Squirrel is a bit of a star at the local Apple Store , she was in there yesterday talking with them as the manager was very interested in what she has been able to learn in just 1 week

Are you sure he didn't mean to say it Marge????

Can I ask a rude question please? Well I'm gonna anyway and it's up to HLGS whether she answers or tells me to MYOB :biggrin:

How old is Grandma Squirrel?

Love you Marge.....em.....erm.....I mean bye