UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rambling Mundane Fings

merledogs

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sad. Sad that so many of the 'breed' rescues advise being firm and leader of the pack with your dog, that all of these breeds require different methods, that one has told me bluntly that society and its preference for treats and positive methods makes it difficult to find the right people for these dogs.

And sad that there is a refusal to take on or help home a dog who has nipped - not bitten but nipped in the past. The family will keep him as long as they can, and I will tell them that the rescue can't help. What I won't tell them is the advice to have this lovely 2 year old dog put to sleep. Or that its their fault for not being firm enough with the dog.

I am sad. Sad that so many of the 'breed' rescues advise being firm and leader of the pack with your dog, that all of these breeds require different methods, that one has told me bluntly that society and its preference for treats and positive methods makes it difficult to find the right people for these dogs.

And sad that there is a refusal to take on or help home a dog who has nipped - not bitten but nipped in the past. The family will keep him as long as they can, and I will tell them that the rescue can't help. What I won't tell them is the advice to have this lovely 2 year old dog put to sleep. Or that its their fault for not being firm enough with the dog.

It seems to be trait in breed rescues that they will not consider a dog that has nipped/bitten regardless of the reason. It;s a funny way to show that you care about your breed.

I hope that you can find somewhere for this dog.

It seems to be trait in breed rescues that they will not consider a dog that has nipped/bitten regardless of the reason. It;s a funny way to show that you care about your breed.

I hope that you can find somewhere for this dog.

me too *fingers crossed* It was when he said that they have destroyed 6 hounds with similar issues that it became clear that they see resource guarding as unworkable and because the dog *might* bite a child therefore cannot risk the reputation of the rescue so advise PTS. I've already had to give advice that contributed to a dog being put to sleep earlier this year, I'll be damned if its going to happen again :angry:

Today's Random Shopping Basket:

a pack of white chalk pens for defacing the pub

6 balls of baby wool for a baby blanket :biggrin:

2 bathroom windows...for bathrooms of course!

Am recklessly going out for a curry soon, seeing as I've only thrown up a little bit today. Curry seems to be one thing my tummy actively likes at the moment :wacko:

Evening :flowers:

My Dogstar pud was delivered today and survived being whanged over a seven foot high side gate and landing on concrete! :ohmy: Not even a dent :unsure: Thank you Sam and Mark :flowers:

The advent calender for the dogs has also come, I shall be filling it later :D

RMF: i feel quite festive at the moment, which is unusual as I don't normally until at least mid December, if at all. :unsure:

RMF: i feel quite festive at the moment, which is unusual as I don't normally until at least mid December, if at all. :unsure:

Me too. I think it's all the snow and cold weather. I'm still not putting my decorations up for a fortnight though.

We have a noo floor in the downstairs hall and ladies bathroom. Looks very smart, just need to do all the other decoration...walls, skirting, lighting, new window, new heater....it's one of our worst areas of the pub and much overdue for renovation.