UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Rmf

Helly

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch Merledogs that looks nasty :unsure: is it celulitis??? hope your gigantic hand shrinks back to normal size soon :GroupHug:

jazz :GroupHug:

spins :GroupHug: hope your coil settles down :flowers:

sorry i worried you Jane :flowers: i have been brave and had a shower with my new zoggs ear plugs in :rolleyes: i didn't hang about it wasn't very comfortable.

both of mine have had cartrophen jabs, diez did o.k on them and laney...well they had no effect at all on him but i think that may have been as he had polyarthritis :unsure: i think if it hasn't worked by the third injection you won't see any improvement at all.

sorry you have had a horrid weekend snow :flowers: neighbours can be such tits :angry:

RMPics of the Elephant Hand :

P1020835.jpg

P1020832.jpg

I have been to the docs to pic up prescription, but not to the pharmacy to collect it yet.

That looks like Cellulitus. You need to get antibiotics. You can get very ill with it.

Owl used to visit me in hospital when I had it.

Get your prescription down your throat. I was in hospital for weeks and I was on crutches for ages.

It looks like a bike pump bit you.

Edited by Trallwm farm

Ouch Merledogs that looks nasty :unsure: is it celulitis???

Alex you need to get to A & E. I had that happen to me in the 80's and ended up with my arm in a sling. It's full of poison and won't get better on it's own.

That looks like Cellulitus. You need to get antibiotics. You can get very ill with it.

Owl used to visit me in hospital when I had it.

Get your prescription down your throat. I was in hospital for weeks and I was on crutches for ages.

It looks like a bike pump bit you.

You should have seen it last time I had it - it was right up to the top of my hand after a few days. I have been to the docs this evening to pick up a prescription for Fluoxesomething or other and I have Penicillin which I have left from last time which I am taking in the meantime.

Thanks for your concern :flowers: The doc did mention Cellulitis on the phone, no idea what it is so will go and Google it now.

I started reading back, but you're RMF-ing faster than I can find time to read.

Very important RMF coming up.

Tonight I met a Fugee - well, actually Tigger and I have been meeting her every Monday night for the last five weeks - but it was only as I said 'goodbye' and handed over "Mrs B's Pilchard/Pilchard and Garlic Treats" that we found out that I am 'that' Mrs B. :laugh:

This is another Fugee who is a member of Tigger's Harem! :biggrin:

Actually, I didn't think that Fugees knew where Lincoln is. :unsure:

You should have seen it last time I had it - it was right up to the top of my hand after a few days. I have been to the docs this evening to pick up a prescription for Fluoxesomething or other and I have Penicillin which I have left from last time which I am taking in the meantime.

Thanks for your concern :flowers: The doc did mention Cellulitis on the phone, no idea what it is so will go and Google it now.

Its one of those things that if you have had it once you can get it again. They mark your limb with a pen in hospital to check the infection isnt spreading.

On a plus side if you go to football matches you wont need to pay out for a foam hand.

Alex my mum had cellulitis I'd never heard of it until then - and it was very nasty indeed so please keep a good eye on how your hand is looking :flowers:

Every now and again I am reminded of just how far technology has come in such a short time ..... I've just moved 100GB of stuff onto my external HD not only does that still leave 140 GB of stuff on my main pc HD with about the same free space but the external one now has almost 200 GB on it and space for another 275 gb's of stuff. I remember when I got my first 1gb HD I thought it was impossible to fill that much space :ohmy: and yet today I've filled that several hundred times over :ohmy: When I bought the 500Gb drive about 6 months ago I thought that would last me years ..... eeep it's almost half full already :wacko: my first pc ran on a teeny fraction of that .....

Morning :tired:

Its one of those things that if you have had it once you can get it again. They mark your limb with a pen in hospital to check the infection isnt spreading.

On a plus side if you go to football matches you wont need to pay out for a foam hand.

I did draw a line in pen on my arm at lunchtime yesterday and it's still around the same mark, so the Penicillin must be doing something.

Elephant hand feels a teensy bit better this morning, will collect the Fluoxestuff on my way into work.

Meh! I've had it with nextdoor we spent all weekend stuck in a Michael Buble & Frank Sinatra hell lets see how they like XTC & The Clash with their tea .... *snarl*

Get yourself a cd of bavarian folk music, or pan pips of chile, for when you go out :laugh:

Every now and again I am reminded of just how far technology has come in such a short time ..... I've just moved 100GB of stuff onto my external HD not only does that still leave 140 GB of stuff on my main pc HD with about the same free space but the external one now has almost 200 GB on it and space for another 275 gb's of stuff. I remember when I got my first 1gb HD I thought it was impossible to fill that much space :ohmy: and yet today I've filled that several hundred times over :ohmy: When I bought the 500Gb drive about 6 months ago I thought that would last me years ..... eeep it's almost half full already :wacko: my first pc ran on a teeny fraction of that .....

You lost me at "every now and again" :laugh: :laugh:

:GroupHug: to all that need them right now

merledogs glad your hand is feeling a bit better :flowers:

laurel and hardy i agree :laugh: ...snow lost me.... i need an external hard drive myself but it is an expense that will have to wait!

i have just recieved and email back of the gent i emailed about laney and a possible brace for his poorly leg (i need to discuss it with the vet)£750 :ohmy: oh well i guess i am going to be very very poor for the forseeable future!

Thanks for the :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

This is the third coil I've had. Never had problems before and as it's part of my HRT I really, really want to hang on to it. The GP wanted to remove it but I refused so he's given me antibiotics and said come back "in a couple of days". I said, "OK, see you on Friday." He was VERY firm and said it has to be Wednesday or Thursday and I have to have a chaperone nurse in as well - so we all know what that means!! :unsure:

So fingers crossed that the antibiotics kick in soon.

I'm amazed you are still needing HRT at all...I took it for seven years, stopped when I was about 54 and have had no problems at all..no hot flushes or anything! Hope it soon stops hurting :GroupHug:

Alex, that hand looks really painful, how long did the doc say it should take to go down?

Just watching This Morning and they have a man on that has been nick named 'The Bionic Vet' because of his pioneering veterinary treatments. He just said that all sentient beings should have the same rights, which I quite liked. biggrin.gif

Will have to watch the program on BBC1 tonight.