UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Rmf

Helly

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oo baby on the way! keep breathing barbara lol

oh yes, one day of no pain would be nice, one year of no operations would be even better. at least both problems are being sorted out. aannddd the washing machine should be fixed tomorrow! if not, ill be making a nasty call. ill also be ringing the vets tomorrow. he might be a nice man, but hes got to sort out his receptionist. shes been there ages but know a few people that go there and have problems with her attitude

Back from the 5k currently lying aching on the sofa trying to summon the energy to take the dogs out.

Am not very pleased with my performance but it has motivated me to sort it out at least. Traffic was appauling to the venue, I made it before they locked the gate by about a minute which didn't help - no time to warm up etc. and boy did I feel it.

Still I hobbled round, worked through the cramp, and now have a lovely blister on my right heel :rolleyes:. Am rewarding myself with a cherry coke.......

Mission "5k in less than 30mins" starts next week.

Morning all.

Just been to a boot sale and bought a few bits.

The rain and fog has gone which is rather nice. Hopefully we can have a few days of dryness.

I bought myself an unused teasmade. I can get coffee or tea in the morning now without having to wake the dogs

Kept that quiet, didn't you.......

Afternoon :wavey:

Operation Spaniel Diet is underway, with Clive back on a rigidly raw diet and every morsel that passes his lips weighed to the micro-ounce :laugh:

Needless to say he is devastated and can't understand why I am punishing him by witholding the rest of his food :rolleyes:

Edited by Abby

Trallwm farm, on 25 July 2010 - 11:40 AM, said:

Morning all.

Just been to a boot sale and bought a few bits.

The rain and fog has gone which is rather nice. Hopefully we can have a few days of dryness.

I bought myself an unused teasmade. I can get coffee or tea in the morning now without having to wake the dogs

Kept that quiet, didn't you.......

Well if it upsets you that much I will leave my door open and when you hear the teasmade in the morning you can pour it if you want.

Bojangles would like a biccie with his.

I took Louie out for a little walk which ended up as a massive walk as I managed to get lost :blush02: We had a lovely walk through the fields by the reservoirs up into one of the northern suburbs of Cardiff. I chickened out of going to the pub by myself with Louie so decided to walk back home via the roads instead of back through the fields. Problem was I didnt really know where I was and ended up walking aimlessly. I tried to phone a friend who lives in the area as I was busting for the loo. In the end I had to ask a guy who was in his driveway for directions feeling like a right wally. Good news was I was heading in the right direction I just wasnt as far north as I thought. Will take my A-Z with me next time. :rolleyes:

There is no cheating to IBS. You need to identify the foods that cause you problems and avoid them. Some may make you feel sick, others give you pains, others can make you constipated or give you diarrhoea. Keep eating things that don't agree with you and the pain and symptoms will get worse and worse. Everyone is different. Colpermin helps to ease the pain. You can get that from the chemist. Aloe Vera juice 2 tablespoons a day helps to calm things down but takes several weeks to start working. Persevere because it really does help. Generally spicy and greasy food tend to be no nos. Veg and fruit maybe. All sorts of things could potentially cause it. Keep a diary of what you eat each day and how many times you go the loo. How you feel etc.

can anyone with IBS pm me with tips and cheats please? Ill start, in case it is that. please dont say no fizzy drinks as coming off them could be nasty in itself, especially for anyone around me lol

Ginger tablets are pretty good at easing discomfort, although if you have a full blown flare up they won't make any difference, I will sometimes take Imodium if I have something important on, and you can get Mottilium over the counter now which stops you feeling sick. Have a look at this site NACC which is the biggest Colitis and Crohn's disease info site.