UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Rmf

Helly

Priceless :rolleyes:

Someone I know who was going to get a puppy, then decided against it as they often go away for weekends, sometimes abroad, have gone and got a rescue dog from a place which doesn't homecheck (essentially it acts as a pound).

I have given loads of advice about training, books to buy, etc but I have told her I am not an expert and she needs to take the dog to training classes (which may be difficult as it's dog aggressive and pulls/lunges like a train).

Now you're in this situation, I don't suppose you've any training classes in your area like this?

One by One Training Class

These are the classes our trainer runs which are great for dogs like this, and there's plenty of dogs gone on from here into 'normal' classes - when they've been ready.

Anyway, from what I've seen of you, you've plenty enough practice in thinking about training in a positive way, so I've every confidence you'll be able to give some good help.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been snail taming today......well ok just feeding them but they could have gone for me as I have no ability to read snails faces.

Pheobes home tommorow from chasing baby Spinones and stopping in Laybys on the pretence of slurping hot tea........ Ive noticed there are often Lorries close by but this is purely assumption on my part and I wouldnt want to get Owl a reputation or anything

Ive been snail taming today......well ok just feeding them but they could have gone for me as I have no ability to read snails faces.

Pheobes home tommorow from chasing baby Spinones and stopping in Laybys on the pretence of slurping hot tea........ Ive noticed there are often Lorries close by but this is purely assumption on my part and I wouldnt want to get Owl a reputation or anything

[/quote

OOOH! Baby Spinones - my favourite kind of babies (shh - don't tell my grandchildren, especially the one that's due any minute :wink: )

Tell me more!! Where? Who's? How many?

I have just finished making lime curd. Four jars gently cooling.

I do wish I was a tenth as enthusiastic about clearing up my messes after I have finished cooking though. Apart from anything else it would give me more cooking time!

I have for the first time in my life devised a cake recipe of my own this week - the suggester and my OH were both remarkably complimentary about it! :blush02: :blush02: :blush02:

the one in front of my back tooth, the filling came off, then part of the tooth came out. its not hurting but I cant keep my tounge out of it :rolleyes: off to the dentist tomorrow morning to see what he can do.

all the washing is away, going to need another storage system soon, if it would fit,otherwise ill have to *gulp* have a clear out :ohmy:

Alex, won't Di or Rick know of a trainer in your area?

Cheryl, glad to hear that Emily has taken over tea making roll and is excelling at it. Now just to make sure the help doesnt forget chocolate and biscuits again! :laugh:

Alicia, you seem to be very good at picking up bargains! I can never seem to find things at really good prices. :rolleyes: Didn't inherit my mothers talent who is much like yourself with bargains. :biggrin:

:laugh: Snail taming!

No RMF's because I am not going to be a misery. Lots of people around us (me and OH)at the moment are suffering in one way or another and my woes seem insignificant. :rolleyes:

Morning :tired:

Now you're in this situation, I don't suppose you've any training classes in your area like this?

One by One Training Class

These are the classes our trainer runs which are great for dogs like this, and there's plenty of dogs gone on from here into 'normal' classes - when they've been ready.

Anyway, from what I've seen of you, you've plenty enough practice in thinking about training in a positive way, so I've every confidence you'll be able to give some good help.

Thanks for the link, will get her to look for something like that. I have pointed her in the direction of the APBC as well but she won't want to pay for one to one sessions (every time I tell her about something, she asks how much it costs, so not spending money seems to be a factor).

Alex, won't Di or Rick know of a trainer in your area?

No RMF's because I am not going to be a misery. Lots of people around us (me and OH)at the moment are suffering in one way or another and my woes seem insignificant. :rolleyes:

I need to see if she will spend the money first Andrea, then if she will I'll ask around. Hope you and OH are okay :flowers:

Hope that poor baby Spin is found soon :GroupHug:

RMF : Morning :tired: I am hoping today is going to be better than the rest of this week so far.

Just spoken to Pheobe and he hasnt been found yet. Its near worksop or Chesterfield . Anything North of Watford is like another planet to me Im afraid.

Can you find out where, exactly? I live just outside Chesterfield, and can get notices put up at the local vet and pet shop if necessary? If it's Worksop I'll be no help I'm afraid, as I'm on the opposite side of Chesterfield.