UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

Afternoon

:GroupHug: for all the people who have had bad news - there is much too much of it about at the moment.

I have been into P@H and bought what I needed without throttling any arrogant members of staff (I went in there on Thursday and the male rats had no food - I pointed it out to a sales assistant who went off to check then returned and said they had been fed that morning but had hidden their food. When I asked where she hummed a bit and said "in their hide". Well I could see into the hide and there was no food in there. I pointed out that a couple of the rats were eating their own poo and she said "oh well they must have forgotton where they put their breakfast" and walked off. OH then dragged me out hissing and spitting before I could ram my stick up aforementioned sales assistants bum :mad: ) All animals fed and watered today though.

I have cleaned out the mice and the multimammates, cleaned out the baby snakes, and am now taking a breather before going in to feed the snails, roaches and millipedes. Not usually a problem but I am trying to get everything done by 5 as we are supposed to be going out and our friend who runs the Bug House at Bristol Zoo is coming over so we won't have a chance to finish stuff off this evening. Oh and we need to have something to eat. OH finished at three but I can guarantee he won't be home before 5 as he works in a pub and gets drinks bought for him. Meh.

I'm flippin freezing and my calor gas has run out so I can't have the heater on. Am gonna bung the heating back on and get myself a hot water bottle.

RMF : I love a hot water bottle, the smell of it takes me back to my childhood when I always associate it with being snuggled up in bed.

Ever since I heard the news my eyes have been leaking and

am still using a tissue. Am going to bed now still reeling

from the loss to Lesley's family :GroupHug:

I never met her, or even knew her at all really, only on here, but

she must have been one very special lady for this news to have touched me so deeply. Thinking of her family right now, and the terible sense of loss.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I've been thinking about nothing else since mecry.gifI did meet Lesley on several occasions and can't quite believe she's gone sad.gif I just cannot begin to comprehend how Barry, Lynne and the rest of the family and her close friends are feeling. I met Lesley's friend, Verne I think her name is, on a couple of occasions and the two of them seemed so close.

Really disappointed with the soft toys I collected from a Freecycler,a bagful of wet mouldy toys that have gone straight in the bin.Why would anyone think they could be useful to anybody,even if free :glare: but on the bright side that's the first time it's happened and I've had some really nice stuff for Oldies stalls now.

Had a very nice walk along the canal and in fields but Daisy collapsed several times,I have to realise she can't do these long walks anymore,I should have taken the buggy with me,I did carry her for a bit but she's just too heavy :( We were in the area two Wiccs collies have been missing for a few weeks now but there are just too mnay places they could be very comfortably holed up.

my best friends akita has had a tummy bug for the last couple of days, nothing major just loose stools and sicked up bile twice, or so we thought.

His tummy started to look a bit swollen and so concerned about bloat she asked the vet to have a look at him whilst he was there re bandaging a cut on her horses leg.

palpation of his tummy brought down a huge stomach tumour the size of a small football that was tucked under his ribcage, bloods were done and the results showed his liver and spleen were also affected and not functioning properly.

Sly is to be pts today hes only just five years old and should be in the prime of his life, my friend is in shock, her heart has been ripped out and her world has ended, please keep her and sly in your thoughts today

sad.gif Safe journey Sly, Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for his poor owner.

Half way through getting the new stove in, should be finished tomorrow, did I mention the installer is a bit of a dish biggrin.gif, looks like a young Ian Mcshane, he's also had to put up with Ben sitting and silently STARING at him for hours, Spud shoving toy's under his arm and whacking him with his tail, and Daisy trying to snog him everytime he bend's over, just as well he likes dog's, or he did before he came here laugh.gif

thought i was been smart putting a hot water bottle in the bed last night till i got in and found that my lottie the lancashire heeler was wrapped round it and refused to move all night..

Really do need to look for new fridge and freezer, hubby got up this morning to find two collies in the kitchen playing tug with what he thought was their toys.. only till he put on his specs and found out it was 2lbs of his pork chops.. apparently during night moggies had opened the freezer, got them out and left em on floor to defrost... down came the dogs in the morning and decided to eat all 4 chops.. oh said it was like two lions tugging at meat.. so he has had to have quorn for dinner :biggrin:

time for a long soak in the bath.. need it for tommorrow ... :laugh:

I met Lesley a few times, she was so lovely. I've got an email she sent me on FB not long after I split with the ex in Sept. I reread it and giggled to myself, its along the lines of - time to get over it girl. Thank you Lesley :flowers: :wub:

I had a long chat with my mum today about things she has said and done in the past and got an apology :ohmy: :huh:

Flyball tomorrow with the intermediate team - v nervous so having an early night

nite nite xx

I met Lesley a few times, she was so lovely. I've got an email she sent me on FB not long after I split with the ex in Sept. I reread it and giggled to myself, its along the lines of - time to get over it girl. Thank you Lesley :flowers: :wub:

I had a long chat with my mum today about things she has said and done in the past and got an apology :ohmy: :huh:

Flyball tomorrow with the intermediate team - v nervous so having an early night

nite nite xx

Had a very nice walk along the canal and in fields but Daisy collapsed several times,I have to realise she can't do these long walks anymore,I should have taken the buggy with me,I did carry her for a bit but she's just too heavy :( We were in the area two Wiccs collies have been missing for a few weeks now but there are just too mnay places they could be very comfortably holed up.

How about a baby sling, like this, I had one for Daisy when she was too wee to walk far, they are big enough that she could lie down, and they take the weight of a toddler so could easily manage a BT, you can get very good cheaper ones on E Bay.

Saturday telly is poop

I hope Sly had a peaceful journey. :GroupHug:

Karen, get some child locks... cheaper than new fridge/freezer :laugh:

Lynn, just take the buggy out with you on your walks. Then Daisy can still have a potter around at the interesting bits and can be pushed around for the harder bits. She will still enjoy the sights and fresh air. :GroupHug:

Julia, have I missed any news on social services visit for baby foster? :unsure:

I'm sorry Daisy is not managing her walks very well. Is she still wearing the monitor?

Poor Sly :( :GroupHug:

:laugh: at Caffereysmum's animals working together on the fridge raiding :laugh:

I've been up since 5.30, I'm trying to get ahead of all the stuff I have to do today. How can the days fly by so quickly :wacko: