UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

I used to drink around 10 cups of tea and coffee a day, I still do but only redbush tea - if I have a coffee at someone else's house I get twitchy and anxious (was never actually aware of it before probably because I was always 'topped up'). I never used to sleep well and did suffer from anxiety type sleep problems which have all gone since I gave up caffeine. I think it takes months rather than a week though - perhaps you just have a greater tolerance :unsure:

I think I was born about 4 cups of coffee down on normal then... I don't get hyper or stressed when I drink coffee, but I do find that I have less problems with dozing off during the day... As for sleeping, even after coffee I can sleep almost anywhere, it's one of my great skills. I worked in an academic library once when I was younger, there was one room where some very obscure Russian texts were kept where you could have a lovely nap on the floor as almost nobody ever went there...

I always feel that without coffee I would spend most of my life asleep. Maybe I'll give up coffee when I retire, and become a cat. I'll wake up every 10 hours, have a pee and a doughnut then go back to lovely lovely sleeeeep... laugh.gif

Ben's got hydro at 4 this afternoon, this ain't gonna be pretty sad01_anim.gif, he's not keen on water, but I feel I have to try it and see, it's his best chance at living with the HD, he's also going back to vet tomorrow as I'm not convinced the Metacalm is doing enough, has anybody else found that with Metacalm ? it's always worked with my other pets.

Hope that Ben enjoy's the hydro more than you expect! Metacam didn't do anything for Lily, but there are lots of other types of pain relief for Ben to try.

I am sure I tried this before and found it vile, but might give it another

go. Have stocked up on more mint tea from sainsbury's. And I lied, I still

have a headache, and I'm teaching tonight - joy

OH drinks caffeine free tea - you can get Typhoo and PG tips but he says the nicest is Twinings Everyday decaffeinated.

Waitrose do nice decaffeinated real coffee and instant decaf.

When I was working I got by on loads of coffee and chocolate but now I have a cup of decaf coffee now and again but mainly drink raspberry and echinacea tea or peppermint tea or hot water with a slice of lemon in it. Still eat loads of chocolate though. :D

I drink 2-3 mugs of nescafe daily, and drink a can of red bull or monster or similar if I feel dopey in the afternoon. I do find that when I do a fortnight in egypt, drinking double strength high dose coffee that nothing changes what so ever with my sleeping patterns or hours Im awake or asleep, but boy do I get headaches when I come home and revert back to normal nescafe again. Egyptian coffee is like getting a slap in the face at breakfast :laugh:

I drink 2-3 mugs of nescafe daily, and drink a can of red bull or monster or similar if I feel dopey in the afternoon. I do find that when I do a fortnight in egypt, drinking double strength high dose coffee that nothing changes what so ever with my sleeping patterns or hours Im awake or asleep, but boy do I get headaches when I come home and revert back to normal nescafe again. Egyptian coffee is like getting a slap in the face at breakfast :laugh:

Egyptian coffee sounds fab, I am quite sleepy now actually :closedeyes: need more coffee! :laugh:

Hope your exam went well Alex :flowers:

:laugh: Cheryl, makes a change from Di with Bob anyway :laugh:

Danny is fine today, full of beans :rolleyes:

I have had a call from social services and am now browsing baby equiptment in Argos :ohmy: Not had a baby here in a long while :unsure:

Back from the exam. One of the 25 point questions was on an area I hadn't really studied up on, sod's law rolleyes.gif I wrote stuff but I think it was just a load of carp. The other 3 questions, one I was able to answer well cos it was very similar to a past paper which I had read the senior assessor's report on so he gave me some ideas in addition to the ones which were obvious. The other two questions I could answer but I should have given examples and my brain just wasn't working properly so I gave outline answers so don't think I'll get high marks wacko.gif

Metacam is supposed to be better for situations where the problem is a 'fleshy' one - if the issue with Ben is bony/arthritis, it might be worth trying Previcox.

Mollydog usually has Previcox for her various leg/bone/arthritis issues, but had Metacam instead for a short while after her op on her tendons as the cause of the pain was different then. Or so I understand.

That's interesting you should say that, the hydrotherapist, Ashley (also the vet nurse at our practise) said that I should ask for Previcox tomorrow

As it happens it wasn't a solo test

Sam and Tessa tried it out with me too, and very nice and comfy it is too.............looking forward to bedtime now

laugh.gif...I really thought you were rumpy pumpying ! laugh.gif....I didn't see the last bit till I multi-quoted it rolleyes.gif

Back from the exam. One of the 25 point questions was on an area I hadn't really studied up on, sod's law rolleyes.gif I wrote stuff but I think it was just a load of carp. The other 3 questions, one I was able to answer well cos it was very similar to a past paper which I had read the senior assessor's report on so he gave me some ideas in addition to the ones which were obvious. The other two questions I could answer but I should have given examples and my brain just wasn't working properly so I gave outline answers so don't think I'll get high marks wacko.gif

Sorry you don't feel it went well Alex, but you never know, you may have done it better than you think flowers.gif

My poor Bendolina sad.gif...he was terrified in the pool at first, his face was heart breaking, Ashley is fantastic with them though, she held him the whole time and walked up and down with him for about a minute at a time, then he got a rest on the ramp to calm down, he did this four times, and was a bit better each time, I think I should have worn a wet suit too though, I was soaked !. I also took Spud and Daisy in, as if Ben is anywhere without a canine chum he gets very distressed, Spud's had hydro himself, and hated it, so he fannyied about going " He's drowning ! help ! help! police!, get him out! help!" rolleyes.gif, Daisy was an absolute rock though, she stood at the top of the ramp and licked Ben's nose when he was having a break wub.gif, he'd calmed down enough by the end for me to book him in next week, he's very tired now wub.gif

Jane I now exactly what you mean about Ben at the hydro - Archie was just the same rolleyes.gif He loves splashing around in water and will stick his head right under to find a stick or some other object but he won't swim. I took him to hydro in the hope that it would give him the confidence to be able to swim but I had to call it a day after a half dozen sessions. He hated it and nothing was going to change that sad.gif

I do hope Ben will at least learn not to be so anxious and tolerate it as it will be so good for his hips. My George wasn't keen as first (he went to aid his weight loss) but ended up really enjoying it smile.gif

I shan't even ask if that's a solo test wink.gif

I wouldn't bother, it's just as vile as you remember it sick02.png. I only ever have one cup of tea in the morning, but if I have 3 or 4 I get very "wired" not nice at all.

Ben's got hydro at 4 this afternoon, this ain't gonna be pretty sad01_anim.gif, he's not keen on water, but I feel I have to try it and see, it's his best chance at living with the HD, he's also going back to vet tomorrow as I'm not convinced the Metacalm is doing enough, has anybody else found that with Metacalm ? it's always worked with my other pets.

my friends am bull brian has had both cruciates done and has hd hes had metacam with no effect and previcox which although there was some improvement it made him grumpy :rolleyes: hes just started a course of cartrophen injections which look to be really working :flowers: