UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

awwww por tessie :flowers: is tessie a cat?? just thinking that when my cat was doing that he had lungworm...just a thought :flowers:

i got hold of the vet :biggrin: i am not a bad owner after all! despite what the recepionist thinks :angry:

No, Princess Tessie is a dog, she is a westie and the reason why

I can't have a cat in the house :rolleyes: (that and the

dangerous road outside) I would post a pic but I can't access photobucket

here at work (there are pics on here of her somewhere though)

:GroupHug: Your headache should be gone soon, it sounds like caffeine withdrawal. We had it forced on us when we (me and OH) stayed with "caffeine free" friends for 4 days. We had the headache from hell while we unknowingly withdrew from caffeine. I've never gone back on it but OH did.

It is yes, I am not going to go back to it and it seems to have passed,

looks like mint tea or the caffeine free 'normal' tea for me now.

It is yes, I am not going to go back to it and it seems to have passed,

looks like mint tea or the caffeine free 'normal' tea for me now.

Redbush tea is naturally caffeine free & the closest to 'normal' tea I've found - ok with milk too. Caffeine is vile stuff - you only realise how vile when you've been free of it for a while & then have a dose :(

Lots of :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: where needed today, my knees are hurting cos Ravencat is sleeping on my chair so can't read for too long :wacko:

Redbush tea is naturally caffeine free & the closest to 'normal' tea I've found - ok with milk too. Caffeine is vile stuff - you only realise how vile when you've been free of it for a while & then have a dose :(

Everyone says this, so every so often I have a week or so without it to see if I can tell the difference in terms of alertness etc, and I never can! Am I odd? I just like the taste of (real, preferably fresh ground) coffee huh.gif I think it gives me a very gentle alertness boost, but there's not a lot in it. unsure.gif

I am sure I tried this before and found it vile, but might give it another

go. Have stocked up on more mint tea from sainsbury's. And I lied, I still

have a headache, and I'm teaching tonight - joy

Everyone says this, so every so often I have a week or so without it to see if I can tell the difference in terms of alertness etc, and I never can! Am I odd? I just like the taste of (real, preferably fresh ground) coffee huh.gif I think it gives me a very gentle alertness boost, but there's not a lot in it. unsure.gif

I used to drink around 10 cups of tea and coffee a day, I still do but only redbush tea - if I have a coffee at someone else's house I get twitchy and anxious (was never actually aware of it before probably because I was always 'topped up'). I never used to sleep well and did suffer from anxiety type sleep problems which have all gone since I gave up caffeine. I think it takes months rather than a week though - perhaps you just have a greater tolerance :unsure:

I won't let Ceri have caffeine but occasionally he's unknowingly had a soft drink containing it & he goes completely hyper, like a cartoon character, talking nineteen to the dozen :wacko: :laugh:

Redbush isn't perfect but I like milk in my tea & though I love mint tea it doesn't have the comforting factor of milky tea - for me anyway :rolleyes:

Good luck with the exam Alex flowers.gif

Sorry to hear about your wing mirror Amy Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Have you tried clipping it back in or is it completely knackered? I have knocked mine off a couple of times but it has always clipped back with a bit of fiddling.

Right stupid question:

I am going to be following a new recipe later and I need a very large casserole dish. I haven't got one but have a large casserole saucepan. Can I put this in the oven?

If the saucepan hasn't got plastic handles, knob on the lid etc it will be fine to go in the oven.

I am working from home today as I had a hospital appointment at midday, there is a lot of procrastinating and tea drinking going on :unsure:

Edited to add - I always drink herbal tea at work but normal tea at home - very rarely touch coffee. The most yummy tea is Liquorice tea, they do it in Sainsbury's, I drink loads of that at work.

Edited by chickentikka

I may even go up and try it out now :cool:

I shan't even ask if that's a solo test wink.gif

I am sure I tried this before and found it vile, but might give it another

go.

I wouldn't bother, it's just as vile as you remember it sick02.png. I only ever have one cup of tea in the morning, but if I have 3 or 4 I get very "wired" not nice at all.

Ben's got hydro at 4 this afternoon, this ain't gonna be pretty sad01_anim.gif, he's not keen on water, but I feel I have to try it and see, it's his best chance at living with the HD, he's also going back to vet tomorrow as I'm not convinced the Metacalm is doing enough, has anybody else found that with Metacalm ? it's always worked with my other pets.

Ben's got hydro at 4 this afternoon, this ain't gonna be pretty sad01_anim.gif, he's not keen on water, but I feel I have to try it and see, it's his best chance at living with the HD, he's also going back to vet tomorrow as I'm not convinced the Metacalm is doing enough, has anybody else found that with Metacalm ? it's always worked with my other pets.

Metacam is supposed to be better for situations where the problem is a 'fleshy' one - if the issue with Ben is bony/arthritis, it might be worth trying Previcox.

Mollydog usually has Previcox for her various leg/bone/arthritis issues, but had Metacam instead for a short while after her op on her tendons as the cause of the pain was different then. Or so I understand. wacko.gif