UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

Mark's car would not start. Normally I'd call the rescue people but it seems like they probably have enough to do at the moment with more serious problems, so we just got the battery charger out and worked out how to use it for the first time.

It worked! We are both totally ignorant about mechanical stuff , so were ever so surprised! laugh.gif Mark has ventured out for a short drive as the roads seem pretty clear now. There's still snow lying, but it's melting a lot.

Hope you get home safe Snow, and good wishes for Noggin at the vets Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Alex, if your ever in Fife your more than welcome to come round and watch telly laugh.gif

I watched the film Doubt yesterday, brilliant, I don't think Phillip Seymore Hoffman is even capable of acting badly, I find that strangely attractive unsure.gif, only complaint was it was too short, and left me feeling a bit unsatisfied. Just about to watch my other LoveFilm choice, Colin, about a Zombie from the Zombie's point of view unsure.gif supposedly got rave reviews at some film festival unsure.gif....probably be a load of shite, but I have a hooge bucket of Mingles to see me through biggrin.gif.

Anybody got a good link for buying wool ? I'd like to get on with this crotchet milarky

Eeek - good luck getting home Snow, hope the roads are a bit clearer later  :flowers:

Well done with the bribery mooandboo - sometimes it's needed.  If Ceri is naturally a bit shy or self-deprecating, I'd guess he doesn't want to draw attention to himself - which is a shame as he sounds very talented  :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: Lynne and Daisy - is Daisy doing ok with her heart?

Good luck with the job hunt Angel  :flowers:

Our offer has been accepted on the house :)  So all going well we will be moving into a bigger, detached house soon :)  We're not moving far - just out to Bracknell which is closer to OH's work, and where houses are a bit cheaper so we can afford a bit more space.  I should be very happy, but found out today that there might be job cuts in our department (which only consists of 6 people)  :(  The company is being very tight-lipped about it, but there are two meetings tomorrow, so really hope its not the news we are expecting.  Makes it hard to get excited about a new house, as it might not happen if I'm out of work  :(

Made it home safe thanks flowers.gif The zig zag route was a lot less slippy - it's a lot lot narrower and I wouldn't have liked to meet anything coming the other way but I didn't so that was fine. biggrin.gif Went to the vet and Nog met his first bearded dragon - he wasn't impressed and thought it quite boring really laugh.gif Dressings been changed and the scabs are all still intact, no signs at all of any wound breakdown so I'm starting to get cautiously optimistic, D Day will come Wednesday after the stitches come out then it'll just be the healing holding the wounds together so fingers will be tightly crossed. His dressing is a lot slimmer today too which is good.

Sophie Daisy's doing fine,has occasional "fainting" fits where she simply collapses for a few seconds then jumps up as if nothing had happened.

We had a superb walk over the fields again,didn't see a soul,which yet again made me realise I should have my mobile with me but never do :rolleyes: Were there for about 2.5 hours,so many rabbit tracks in the snow and lots of activity around the huge badger sett as well.Another danger to be aware of though is stiles,several I climbed were very very slippery on the steps itself but also the ground surrounding - as for the very narrow footbridge high over the stream with the broken handrail :ohmy: I almost turned back but this would have added another 40 minutes or so and didn't want to risk being caught in the dark so inched my way over very very carefully.Duncan adores being out in the snow,Daisy found a few vole trails she was determined to unearth so she was happy as well.

GRRR! :mad: :mad: At 3.45 today I took OH to the garage to pick up his car. It's 10 miles away, very straightforward drive, no snow to speak of. I left him there and was back by 4.30 (having made a chocolate stop and was expecting him to back well before 5.00. He got back 5 minutes ago[/b, 5.55 pm. The car wasn't quite ready so he'd had to wait and then he hit the traffic coming back.

No phone call, nothing - I had no idea where he was and he's now stomping about because I said I was worried about him. He just keeps on saying "It's ok, I'm all right."

Am I the only one who worries about these things??

Well done with the bribery mooandboo - sometimes it's needed.  If Ceri is naturally a bit shy or self-deprecating, I'd guess he doesn't want to draw attention to himself - which is a shame as he sounds very talented  :GroupHug:

Our offer has been accepted on the house :)  So all going well we will be moving into a bigger, detached house soon :)  We're not moving far - just out to Bracknell which is closer to OH's work, and where houses are a bit cheaper so we can afford a bit more space.  I should be very happy, but found out today that there might be job cuts in our department (which only consists of 6 people)  :(  The company is being very tight-lipped about it, but there are two meetings tomorrow, so really hope its not the news we are expecting.  Makes it hard to get excited about a new house, as it might not happen if I'm out of work  :(

Thank you :flowers: Good luck with the house and especially good luck tomorrow :flowers: