UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

Glad EFD is settling now owl poor wee soul must be very confused bless her :wub:

rmf i am currenting pinging stuff over to roger for court tomorrow and he is madly printing them so that he can take them with him for lara.

not many people get to say that roger mugford is their PA :laugh:

R.I.P dog that drowned in water :GroupHug:

Badgers hips are better today and he went on a walk with Fern.. :biggrin:

Hubby been out and about and done everything today.. i been to busy been sicky and yakky all day.. must have got a bug.. dont even fancy egg chips and peas at moment :laugh:

Warrington Council still not picked up bin rubbish for 5 weeks.. now we are told no collections this week and can we take them to pick up points :angry: cant even drop em of at tip as we are turned away, no room at the inn so so speak..

Hope everyone has a safe journey to work, or shops, or schools.. :biggrin:

morning. I watched an owl this morning while I unlocked the kennels. It was only just starting to get light so presume it was after a meal before sun up.

Everything still white and frozen here. Ive had enough of playing skating on ice each morning just to unlock :laugh:

I noticed Wispa staring intently at a point just above my head while I was eating my breakfast. Aargh, descending harvestman spider getting ready to abseil on to either me or the cereal :ohmy: Thanks, Wispa, your good deed for the day :flowers:

Very strong wind here, and we are braced for a blizzard this afternoon and another one at 3 in the morning. Then complete thaw from tomorrow :biggrin:

EFD has put on a bit of weight thank goodness.

A man drowned in a river in the North East on Sunday after his 2 dogs went thro the ice. He fell thro after he went to rescue them. Passers-by attempted to help him by holding out a large tree branch but he refused to let go of his dogs to take hold of it. They all perished mecry.gifI cannot understand anyone letting their dogs onto the ice sad.gif

George had a seizure in the early hours of yesterday - that's 2 in less than a month which is a bit worrying given the level of medication he is on for the epilepsy. The meds do seem to have stopped the cluster attacks so at least that's something. He did recover quite quickly too and even managed a short walk yesterday.

Owl it's good to hear that Vicky is improving smile.gif

How very tragic, but why do people let dogs offlead

if there is a frozen pond/canal nearby :(

A man drowned in a river in the North East on Sunday after his 2 dogs went thro the ice. He fell thro after he went to rescue them. Passers-by attempted to help him by holding out a large tree branch but he refused to let go of his dogs to take hold of it. They all perished mecry.gifI cannot understand anyone letting their dogs onto the ice sad.gif

I had this same conversation with my Dad last night when he told me about the man and his dogs on the River Tees ( he lives over that way) - so tragic but so avoidable :(

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for George and you

RMF Pumpkin is trying to kill the smilies :wacko:

How very tragic, but why do people let dogs offlead

if there is a frozen pond/canal nearby :(

Last week I met a couple walking three Springers off lead alongside the lakes in the park. Through gritted teeth I mentioned how dangerous the lakes are with the ice and dogs etc. Did it quite gently so as to get a hearing and not have them stomp off. Told them about the little dog that went through the ice and drowned in the lake last year. The woman then pointed at one of the dogs and said, quite cheerfully, "Yeah, he's just been in! The trouble is if they get into trouble then we'd have to go in and get him and that could be dangerous." :ohmy:

FFS!!!! I could not believe what I was hearing. OH dragged me away at that point.

There's notices up all round the lakes warning about the ice - maybe they should have a picture of the poor dog that drowned last year.

:GroupHug: to my fluffy friend George, glad he made a good recovery.

Wispa's Stress-Less magnesium tablets arrived, and she has an almost feline skill in extracting such things from any titbit they are hidden in. I pounded a tablet up and mixed with butter and she sucked the butter off and spat the magnesium out. Eventually a mixture of soft cheese and tripe worked.

Must get out for a while with her before this afternoon's promised blizzard.

Morning.

I will tell Darren that you all think he is stupid. Since the incident with Toffee, we have avoided the pond or kept the dogs onlead near it but you don't always think of these things in advance....

Julia, there is a big difference between being caught out, it happening and then you taking measures to make sure it doesnt again, and people who are very aware and are blase about the fact they will have to deal with it if it happens. Many people who arnt dog lovers would probably say Darren was stupid, and the rest of us would probably do exactly the same and go in after our dogs. But now Darren is aware of the risks, he isnt taking your pair back for the same thing to happen again. There lies the difference between stupid and caring owner :flowers:

Tragic sad.gif He must have loved his dogs very much mecry.gif

George had a seizure in the early hours of yesterday - that's 2 in less than a month which is a bit worrying given the level of medication he is on for the epilepsy. The meds do seem to have stopped the cluster attacks so at least that's something. He did recover quite quickly too and even managed a short walk yesterday.

Gentle squishes for Jorj Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif