UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pineapple , Wendy gave it to me :laugh:

Thank you, that just made me giggle, which is good seeing as I've been having a bit of an emotional evening. Four years since I said goodbye to Gdog and earlier I heard Take That's Rule the World which set me off as the song makes me think of Poppy and Dolly and I miss my choccie girls so much :(

:GroupHug: Alex :GroupHug:

Finished work, went shopping, managed to get everything except wrapping paper which is a bit of a problem. May resort to magazine and newpaper - it'll be more environmental I guess....

Currently baking for peoples hampers, should really be tidying and cleaning for parents arrival tomorrow but I hate cleaning so I'm putting it off. I'll do it tomorrow morning. Must remember to get the chutney and marmalade out of their storage place to put in hampers also. I wonder if I have time to make truffles tonight before I fall asleep...

Just back from Glen's agility christmas party - it was a bit chaotic and a lot noisy!

Keira seems to eb 'heavy breathing' coughing a lot, I am hoping it's just cos it's been cold. She is enjoying her honey off a spoon though.

I think I will be buying a notebook thingy tomorrow, this lappy is driving me nutty(er). Whites out now and then and I have no pics/avatars/emoticons at all.

:GroupHug: Wendy

And another :GroupHug: for all those missing loved ones (furry or not) at this time of year

Wasobbing wrapping pressies tonight because of nothing to wrap for my Mum who died in May. Grief does sneak up and get you when you're least expecting it.

:GroupHug: from me too.

Edited by Spins4me

Alex there is no right or wrong way of dealing with your grief , some people have threads straight way some wait a while and some never do. Our love for each of our dogs in quite unique and so is the way we choose to reflect that online

Don't force or push yourself , if and when you want to start a thread then that will be the right time for you

:GroupHug:

you are a wonderful and kind person , I hope you can find the answers you need quickly and painlessly

I do my best reflection in Sri Lanka or in my bath , you are very welcome to come to Sri Lanka with me but the bath is a solo affair sorry

Thank you :mecry: :flowers:

xxx

Blimey Sam!

:GroupHug: Spins

RMF: I am muchly cheered up after checking Flight Stats. The plane with my aunt & uncle on it has taken off from Bridgetown, Barbados and is heading for Gatwick :) With all the weather/delays/cancellations etc I was worrying that they wouldn't make it so have been checking all day to make sure the flight actually departs.

i dont know if i could keep up the pace of what you do sam youre a star :flowers:

its snowing heavily again here and has put at least a couple more inches down in about the last hour just to add to the four or five inches already there :wacko: tis very pretty but i will remain worried sick till hubby finally finishes for a week tomorrow, driving for a living is pants in these conditions :(

On the plus side pickle thinks its great he hangs out of the back door and dips his nose in it then sneezes :laugh:

Wasobbing wrapping pressies tonight because of nothing to wrap for my Mum who died in May. Grief does sneak up and get you when you're least expecting it.

Spins :GroupHug: I still miss wrapping a present for my Dad. He died in 1991!! Incidentally also in May.

Im back from visiting all my family for xmas. Where my family live, the roads are untreated and pretty steep hills, so the minute i saw snow i rounded up my folks and packed them off home. It then took me just under an hour to drive 12 miles as the snow fell out of the sky at a rate and no gritters had been out. Even in low ratio gear, my Jeep struggled to get me up our lane. Very scary out :wacko:

Billion shortbread baked.

Other cookies waiting to be dipped in choc baked

Biscotti baked

Truffle mix in fridge cooling

Nutty bar things baked waiting to be drizzled in choc

Have run out of space to hide things from dogs whilst cooling, so I'm stopping now. Might as well wait up until C comes home now.

Will be busy entertaining from tomorrow onwards so I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas :biggrin:

Sam I have some ideas for emails/newsletter things. I'll write them down now so I don't forget and I'll try and jot them down in the forum tomorrow :flowers: