UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

Keira :GroupHug: Sandra how did your vet diagnose the PLP? I do wonder sometimes if thats what Saffy has as she snores like 10 pigs, even when she is awake. She also likes to sleep with her head resting on something, usually your foot. I have to be careful with her when she over exerts herself too as she panics me with her breathing. I mentioned it to the vet ages ago but they didnt seem worried by it.:unsure:

Sounds familiar, again with previous visits the vets just said 'old age' possibly very start of heart problems etc etc This chap had a good feel of her neck and listened to the breathing.

The panting can happen at anytime, not just when she is hot or has been exercising. When she inhales there is a "harsh edge" sound to, similar to the wheeze of an asthmatic. This panting is more pronounced and prolonged when she is excited or stressed. The "honking can also happen at any time and sounds something like a loud "HRRRAAACH". This clearing can be a one time deal or can be repeated. This passage is quite an accurate description of what Keira does, I have done some googling :unsure: hereamongst others. I have seen Causticum mentioned as a homeopathic remedy so I am going to have a look for that.

Edited by sanrossscot

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is me Henry and Mlly reporting from our new flat. My uncle knocked round at my landlord's to get they keys, he forgot apparently.

BUT WE HAVE OUR NEW FLAT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

partytime.gif Good Luck in the new flat.

I think Mrs S may have passed her swine flu on to meshrug.gif

Morning :wavey: I had almost 8 hours sleep last night ohmy.gif

Hey, I've cancelled christmas, as my mum doesn't dare travelling in this weather (can't blame her!), so she's not coming now. I've cancelled my holiday with work this morning, as I can't see the point of sitting at home - going places with dogs likely to be impossible due to same stupid weather - and ticketmaster has cheerfully informed me that they have a no-returns policy on 2 stupidly expensive tickets for a show that I booked for my mum as a treat, because she had such a carp time the last time she was here - which was when Mal died mecry.gif

Can't wait for flippin' January to come along!

Edited to add: on top of it all I have an appointment at the dentist tomorrow because my tooth is giving me serious grief, and I'm not only looking forward to a root canal but also the weekend on antibiotics. Great fun! sad01_anim.gif

Billy the weather here is forecast to be showers by this evening (according to metcheck) which means the snow should be gone by Christmas day. You can put the tickets on eBay and hopefully get some of your money back Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

my poor neighbour woke up this morning to find her dog had died overnight mecry.gif

Sending Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif to your neighbour.

k1.jpg

Sending positive thoughts for the gorjuss girl Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

BUT WE HAVE OUR NEW FLAT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Excellent news Cheryl, really pleased for you flowers.gif

Alex I got the Fuji, in the end it came down to the cost and convenience, but I'm very happy with it, I shall be twiddling with me knobs in bed tonight.I put a couple of pics I took in the photo section.

I look forward to seeing pics. I am going to actually read the instruction booklet for my camera too so I can play with the settings and get some nice portraits of the boys wub.gif

RMF : Timmy seems absolutely fine today. Max is still subdued but not shivering any more. Will be keeping a close eye on him. I am hoping Milly's ashes will be at the vets on Christmas Eve so at least she can come and spend Christmas with us.

Morning :tired:

Congrats on your noo flat Cheryl, finally! :partytime: Do you like it? :)

Big :GroupHug: :GroupHug: to anyone with poorly animals or selves, hope you all feel better soon.

Sparkle - I played football in the house (again!) with Kiera's soft ball and managed to kick the lamp off the table and kill the bulb - fortunately not in tiny pieces. When will I ever learn that playing footie in my tiny flat is just not very practical! :rolleyes:

You know, I don't even know how to work Ebay for selling stuff and I don't have a paypal account either (nor do I want one). If I can be asked I'll go to the theatre on the evening and try to flog em there, if not then tough. It's not a show I'd ever spend money on to go and see myself as it is, it was a treat for my mum.

Right now I'm feeling like death warmed up, I'd love to go to bed and not wake up until 2 January at the earliest please :(

I have started my christmas holidays yipee no work until 4th Jan biggrin.gif

Today is shopping day wacko.gif for the past several years we have always gone at 2 or 3 am and done the main christmas food/goodies shop unfortunately this year Rob has had to be in work this morning so we couldn't go and will have no choice but to go this afternoon - I am utterly dreading it.

Does anyone know who apart from the ombudsman Nick can complain to about SWALEC and their boiler cover scheme? He and Vicky have been without heat or hot water for 11 days now, they have been mucked about beyond belief with engineers failing to turn up, complaints not replying to their calls then denying any record of their complaint etc. they weren't even offered any electric heaters and have had to borrow from family and friends. Both have taken time off work repeatedly only for the engineer not to show up or turn up with the wrong part. They were told that they were a "priority" but yesterday yet again the engineer didn't turn up and now they have been told that they probably won't be able to get the part thats needed until after Xmas!

I gave them details yesterday of SWALECS complaints proceedure and a phone number for the head of customer services, they phoned that yesterday and were told they'd ring back - they didn't and yet again this morning they have been told theres no record of any complaint. They were given the supposed managers name but this morning they were told theres no one there by that name rolleyes.gif they are worried sick about how high their electric bill will be with them running the electric fan heaters to try and keep just 1 room warm, they have been leaving bruno with a hot water bottle and a woolly pully when they go to work sad.gif surely some one somewhere has the power to get SWALEC to provide the service they have paid for?

morning folks. Slept in a leeping bag last night as we have no furniture heehee. About to take the dogs for a walk around the neighbourhood - how exciting is this.

I've got two job interviews this afternoon, hoping I get one of them so I dont have to start at that call centre. Bleugh.

Billy the flat is lovely. Needs a good cleaning and a bit of gloss here and there but once I put my stamp on it (squeaky toys and dog hair), it'll be more like home.

See you all later xx

Hope poorly dogs and people are feeling better soon Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Glad the new flat is nice Cheryl biggrin.gif

I was supposed to travel down to yorkshire today for christmas but it appears that rather a lot of snow has fallen overnight and roads are closed, so that's not happening!!

Hoping it clears up and is ok to travel tomorrow!

Snow however is very pretty, but a load just slid off neighbours roof in true movie style!

Morning :flowers:

I have just been food shopping :biggrin: Just need to go and pick my turkey up in a bit.

Poor Toffee had a terrible shock yesterday :ohmy: Those of you on facebook will know that she fell through the ice on a frozen pond :ohmy: I wasn't there but Darren stripped off to his undies and went in to rescue her :wub: :mecry: It could have had a very sad ending! She seems ok today :)

Great news about the falt Cheryl :flowers: No snow here at all (thank heavens) just very hard frost.Just filled up the bird feeders and have dozens out there,spotted woodpecker,loads of goldfinches,chaffinches,greenfinches as well as blackbirds,starlings and doves.Love watching them through the windows.

Toffee :ohmy: thank heavens she's OK - and Darren too.