UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning :tired:

Four years since I said goodbye to Gdog and earlier I heard Take That's Rule the World which set me off as the song makes me think of Poppy and Dolly and I miss my choccie girls so much

Wendy Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Anyone else missing loved ones Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Keira seems to eb 'heavy breathing' coughing a lot, I am hoping it's just cos it's been cold. She is enjoying her honey off a spoon though.

Gentle squish for Keira Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF 1: I got woken up (as no doubt did my neighbours) but really loud yeowling and chasing round the house. I suspected a Tomcat had got in and lo and behold, my kitchen stinks of 'eau de tomcat' this morning. I am going to start blocking up the catflap at night angry.gif

RMF 2: Contrary to predictions, we didn't have rain last night, in fact we've had more snow overnight rolleyes.gif

Morning :tired:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to everyone who is missing loved ones. This is a rotten time of year for it :( Next week it'll be all over though, bring on 2 January!

RMF: Still have sore teeff, as the AB's won't be kicking in until at least tonight. So today will be another day of cold coffee, cold tea and cold "hot" chocolate :( On top of that an alcohol-free crimbo and an appointment for 8 Jan to have one of the offending teeff taken out. I'm seriously considering going to Hungary for some tooff saving dentistry rather than the pulling treatment that seems to be standard here. Anyone have any experience of Hungarian dentists? :unsure:

Cake :biggrin:

IMG_1119.JPG

What a great cake :biggrin: (The pies look good too)

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to everyone who is missing loved ones. This is a rotten time of year for it :(

Certainly is :(

:GroupHug: to everyone missing people/pets this year. :flowers:

Morning :flowers:

feeling a bit sad myself this morning, so I'm going to kick myself into action and get on with the zillion and one things that still need doing. We had a nice visit to sheltered accommodation yesterday, so I think I'll share some pics. :wub:

Morning everyone :wavey:

:GroupHug: to everyone who wants, needs or just feels like it (furry or otherwise)

Lovely cake Julia :flowers:

I have woken up feeling rather Christmassy, humming Walking in a Winter Wonderland- not surprising as Sian is opening a Festive show singing it on 28th dec and has practiced 456372 times this week :laugh:

Jay went to Canterbury yesterday with friends with a 'Free Hugs - Merry Xmas' sign :laugh: They got lots of free hugs from shoppers, lots of cheerful smiles and free hot chocolate from the smoothie shop. I love my slightly wacky kids :wub:

I am looking forward to Christmas, this year there is no thorn in my side :rolleyes:, and am determined to have a lovely family time. In fact I will kick it off with a cuppa, a mince pie for breakfast and do some ironing before walking the beasties :biggrin:

feeling a bit weird :mellow: was up early to finish packing and head off to Scotland, but since it snowed last night, and has now been snowing for the last hour I'm delaying until tomorrow, probably. So now I have a random part of a day to fill, surrounded by packed bags and boxes and wishing I had gone up earlier.

Must now walk to shops to get some food as I have none in :rolleyes:

You might be better going later on this afternoon Mog - there will be little traffic tomorrow and the main roads will be more treacherous. I hope you get there one way or another flowers.gif

I need to go and fill up with petrol. Deep joy huh.gif

mmmmmm very true, but its usually a 6 hour drive and I really don't fancy doing any of it in the dark....maybe I'll just have to wait and go up for New Year and we can have a delayed Xmas :) Supposedly the roads will be clearer and weather warmer tomorrow?

Bugger - and I need petrol too, best try to go today in case nothing is open tomorrow!

Bugger - and I need petrol too, best try to go today in case nothing is open tomorrow!

Mog, I have travelled for many many years on Christmas Day, and used to have a car that I had to fill up half way through the journey - year on year more and more filling stations are open, and as long as you fill up at a sensible time (think 9-5), you will be spoilt for choice on places to buy fuel from!

I'm seriously considering getting some snow chains for the car. I know that sounds daft, living in Cornwall, but we are on the North side of a hill and high up, so being iced in is not as unusual as it you'd think.

I bet they are a pain to put on and take off and seem to be moderately expensive too, but after that coach crash yesterday down near Penzance where 2 people were killed and the poor woman ran half a mile in bare feet to get help, I'm thinking that maybe the hassle and cost is worth it for the few days when ice really is a problem. :unsure: The coach driver apparently looked at the icy slope, wasn't sure whether to risk it, then a car came up the hill so he thought it must be OK. Haven't we all had those sort of thoughts...

Edited by cycas

Its not daft I've had the same thoughts this week - especially when going down the ski jump to work - this is the 2nd winter that hill has been totally iced up and there isn't another way in or out of the village one day someones car really is going to end up in the lounge of the house at the bottom of the hill sad.gif

Just had a phone call from an amused hubby - it's usually me that does the vet trips and it's only about the 3rd time he's gone on his own with Nog - he said all the nurses came out with Nog to show off the new christmassy bandage they have given him - apparently he's got an Angel on it today it's the first angel they have ever done and they did it specially for Nog because they think he is an angel wub.gif they also bought him a christmas stocking full of goodies biggrin.gif