UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June R M F

Wendbert

Morning

I've been for an hours fast walk/slow jog this morning....I'm feeling very virtuous....I did the same last night....all in preperation of running a half marathon!!!!

Off to shower in a moment!

:GroupHug: to all fugees who need a hug, there seems to be a few.

Laura, I know I shouldn't but you did make me smile, glad you didn't injure youself and sorry you have flu - get well soon xxx

Edited by murtle

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am cold.

I am having another go at Mum's paperwork. I decided that the only answer is to eat my way through it - not eat the actual paperwork :( but eat while I'm doing it.

I'd get on with it faster if I didn't have to stop and have a good bawl every now and again.

Morning Fugees and :GroupHug: :GroupHug: to all poorly and tired Fugees and Fugeeparents.

Good thoughts for Rob, hope he gets the work.

:flowers: WTG Rumpole's dogs for raising the alarm.

We had a lot of barking here from Polly last night because I went out late to sort out a found dog which couldn't be dealt with out of hours due to our local system which leaves something to be desired. Fortunately he was reunited with owner via a notice in the village shop, so I didn't have to taxi him to a night's B&B in Lesley's barn. But Polly was furious because she doesn't approve of me going out in the evening. I am supposed to stay in and go to bed at 10 sharp or she raises the roof. Polly didn't bark while I was out, she just gave me hell when I got back. I told her owls are supposed to go out in the evening, it's written into the job description, but you can't reason with a deaf puli. :rolleyes:

Spins :GroupHug: It's really tough having to do that job. I've got boxes of late OH's stuff which I can only do a bit at a time.

gentle :GroupHug: :GroupHug: for my favorite ickle man

Not heard a thing over my enquiries to rehome a hedgehog yet,

it's been about 8 days now and not a dickey bird from them.

thought that the rescues were glad to be able to return hedgehogs

to the wild (and my garden is wild all right) :laugh:

I yam starving, but then again I am always hungry, always :rolleyes:

Not heard a thing over my enquiries to rehome a hedgehog yet,

it's been about 8 days now and not a dickey bird from them.

thought that the rescues were glad to be able to return hedgehogs

to the wild (and my garden is wild all right) :laugh:

Wildlife places are so manic this time of year with baby birds. I used to be working 16 hours plus a day this time of year. So unless they're somewhere lucky enough to be able to afford a dedicated admin person it might be a while before you hear back.

Dunno about the place you've enquired with but I wouldn't home a hedgehog to a garden which didn't already have hedgehogs in it unless it was a garden with a sunken wall which was totally escape proof. Reason being if you don't have hedgies there already, there's most likely a reason (eg badgers, slug pellets etc) which could lead to the demise of an introduced hedgehog.

Wildlife places are so manic this time of year with baby birds. I used to be working 16 hours plus a day this time of year. So unless they're somewhere lucky enough to be able to afford a dedicated admin person it might be a while before you hear back.

Dunno about the place you've enquired with but I wouldn't home a hedgehog to a garden which didn't already have hedgehogs in it unless it was a garden with a sunken wall which was totally escape proof. Reason being if you don't have hedgies there already, there's most likely a reason (eg badgers, slug pellets etc) which could lead to the demise of an introduced hedgehog.

No badgers no slug pellets either, the hogs can enter and leave via the top right

hand corner of my back garden, with is about 125 feet from the house, and

almost at the same height as the top of my roof.

The garden is on 3 levels, 125 feet long by 50 feet at its widest point,

there must be lots of food there for them, once in a blue moon do I see

one, but they are so damn noisy one would surely set my dogs off, especially

princess tessie who barks at birds overflying 'her' garden.

Well I hope to hear sometime anyway