UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to climb Snowdon again :rolleyes: for those who remember me doing it last year it took me 8 hours and I cried all the way down :rolleyes:

I am going to train this time and I am going to do it on my todd in June. I will be putting something in fundraising for the next few weeks. Wiccaweys and Oldies I think.

Fab news, just be careful doing it alone

Had a lovely 2 weeks and got back to yet another letter from feckwits at work :rolleyes: I think they really don't understand the concept of annual leave.

:GroupHug:

Yup they just told me all they'll offer is £700 :(

I told them to get stuffed - tho not as rudely as that but pretty darn close.

I now have to fax them all the documents we have plus 3 adverts for cars of comparibale age/mileage and any other supporting "evidence" we have to warrant an increased offer.

Jees, what a nightmare :GroupHug:

I picked up a flatscreen tv today from Freecycle. Got there and it is the old type. It fits in the bedroom though so will use it till we get a proper flat one.

Oooh that's what I've got - a Volvo estate wot is automatic. I luffs it. It's 9 years old this year, has done 101,000 miles and the mechanic who looks after it said it will do another 100,000 and is in fab condition. One of my neighbour's has a much newer one ( which I love the look of ) and she speaks very highly of it and says it's the best car she's ever had. However I did not like the new Volvo estate I got to temporarily replace my oldie last year after the bloody man reversed into us and crumpled the bonnet. But all that said beware because parts are expensive and I find mine heavy on petrol consumption, tho I am comparing it to my old Astra and Ruby's little Fiat Panda.

I had a quick look at Autotrader and found a few cars I liked, including a Freelander, a Hyndai Santa Fe and a Honda CRV. I quite fancy those as well as the Volvo, but I need to work out what the insurance would be like compared to what I pay now and also the petrol comsumption of course. I may need to start a thread :biggrin:

I had a quick look at Autotrader and found a few cars I liked, including a Freelander, a Hyndai Santa Fe and a Honda CRV. I quite fancy those as well as the Volvo, but I need to work out what the insurance would be like compared to what I pay now and also the petrol comsumption of course. I may need to start a thread :biggrin:

Freelander = lots of problems depending on the year, newer ones are better.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/us...freelander.html

Honda CRV - incredibly reliable car and generally cheap to run

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/ne.../honda_crv.html

Hyundai Santa Fe - don't know much about them

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/ne...i_santa_fe.html

Hope the reviews are helpful to you.

Saab 95 estate is worth considering as a Volvo alternative. I've got one. :biggrin:

Have day off today to Louie sit lol. We've been to the park and pets@home which Louie thoroughyl enjoyed both :biggrin: Hes now asleep on my lap.

Sounds like a luffly way to spend a day, Amy :wub:

My mother (in her 70's) has just asked me to recommend a desktop publishing program as people keep asking her to make posters on her computer, and she feels that hers lack pizzazz.

Somewhere out there are a group of people out there to whom my mother is a technical and design guru. :ohno02:

:laugh: I had a similar :blink: moment this morning when I was explaining to my xMIL that we saw her son on the street view thingy on Google Maps. I was ready to start explaining it to her, as I usually have to, but she was mightily impressed and went on to tell me all about Google Maps :ohmy:

Well done, Jazz. That must have taken a lot of courage :flowers: :wink:

We've had a busy old day today and now I am kernackered. Just one more homecheck to sort and I can switch off the pc :biggrin:

are you dealing with the insurance company of the person who hit your car ? can your insurance company not help you at all

Well thats the $24k question Sam :wacko: I thought I was dealing with their insurance company Sun Alliance but Rob seems to think that its OUR insurance company :wacko: we're actually insured with Its4Me and it's them we went through to when the accident happened and reported it etc. then we had a letter from them saying the lorry firms insurers had accepted liability and then we got calls from 2 different firms 1 for the hire car 1 for the repairs so we dealt with them and then today this bloke rings up ... so I'm now not sure who hes acting for :wacko: I'll be incredibly dissapointed and even more annoyed if this is OUR insurers why the heck would they be trying to rip us off its not them who'll be paying out all they do is recover it from the other side surely? So why would they care what the bill is?

I could do with some fugee help actually - I cannot find a comparable car for sale anywhere, all the cars I have found are either older/younger or not the same model or they are manual whereas ours is an automatic. It's a 1995/1996 Mazda 323f 1.6 auto (N plate) it's the one with the fancy spoiler on the back but without the pop up headlights. Like this one: fullsize.jpg - I need 3 adverts for cars costing more than £700.

Good luck with your training Cheryl!! I think i would prob cry going up and coming down :rolleyes:

I climbed Snowdon in 1972. I did not cry going up or coming down but I cried on the top because my boyfriend suddenly vanished and I thought he had fallen over the edge. Turned out he had just decided to go off for a wander :rolleyes: He was a very urban person and didn't know that going off for a casual stroll on top of Snowdon with a mist closing in is not the done thing. :wacko:

Whats the mileage Snow? will go and see what on offer in this area

Mileage is 67k - but obviously if I can only find ads for cars with higher mileage then thats fine as I can prove ours is lower and that would up the value ontop of whatever the other car is advertised at.

I've found 3 cars - all around the 1k price 2 have double the mileage of ours but all 3 are the 1.5 manual model ours is a 1.6 GLX automatic.

Freelander = lots of problems depending on the year, newer ones are better.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/us...freelander.html

Honda CRV - incredibly reliable car and generally cheap to run

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/ne.../honda_crv.html

Hyundai Santa Fe - don't know much about them

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/ne...i_santa_fe.html

Hope the reviews are helpful to you.

Oh shucks, I collect my Freelander on Monday :unsure: Have had it fully checked over though