UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March R M F

Wendbert

I think you are supposed to fold it up first... :nerd:

:laughingsmiley: :D

That's what I was going to say :laugh: :laugh:

I have run out of Millionaire's shortbread, which is probably a good thing. Having a bit of a strange day, had a very weird dream and am trying to suss that out. Can't wait for the weekend though :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battle has commenced - the insurer risk assessor rang not long ago wanting to know the mileage of the car, how many previous owners, how much we paid for it etc I wanted to know what the number of previous owners had to do with it as we have a fsh and warranted (documented) mileage etc plus the car had been in the garage only 5 days before the accident and they'd be prepared to do a report for us - got told any money we'd spent on the car wouldnt be factored in as thats classed as "essential maintainance" - I said yes indeed and with that having been done the car was A1 condition thus you need to take that into account moreover you now know theres a new exhaust and new brakes on it and no doubt you'd sell those to claw back your costs. He said they had photos showing rust - I laughed and said no you haven't and I too have photos showing NO rust anywhere on the car plus am prepared to call the mechanics who worked on it to give evidence there is NO rust whatsoever on her anywhere at ALL. :mad:

He told me not to get "upset" as they hadn't yet worked out what their offer was going to be and I might be surprised :rolleyes: I said ummm excuse me but your client hit US and there is no way on earth will I settle if it means being out of pocket or being unable to buy a car of similar value/quality - he said thats NOT the way Insurance works and all they are obligated to pay for is the cost of buying an identical age & make of car .... I said really? Hmmm well we have legal cover so when I do get the offer if it's not what I am expecting then I will have to consult with them and see where we go from there .... he's gonna call me back later ...

RMF 3: I have decided to buy a new (to me) car. It's been years since I've bought a new car so I am muchly excited about having one which hasn't been ruined by me bumping into fings in it and/or the dogs wrecking the inside :pinkie: I am thinking a volvo estate - pref automatic.

Oooh that's what I've got - a Volvo estate wot is automatic. I luffs it. It's 9 years old this year, has done 101,000 miles and the mechanic who looks after it said it will do another 100,000 and is in fab condition. One of my neighbour's has a much newer one ( which I love the look of ) and she speaks very highly of it and says it's the best car she's ever had. However I did not like the new Volvo estate I got to temporarily replace my oldie last year after the bloody man reversed into us and crumpled the bonnet. But all that said beware because parts are expensive and I find mine heavy on petrol consumption, tho I am comparing it to my old Astra and Ruby's little Fiat Panda.

Snow have they made an offer yet ? when I had a car stolen and written off the insurance company actually offered me more money than I had paid

Fugees near north London have you seen this http://www.therefuge.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=46235

Mark and I are going and would love to see other fugees there

Snow have they made an offer yet ? when I had a car stolen and written off the insurance company actually offered me more money than I had paid

Yup they just told me all they'll offer is £700 :(

I told them to get stuffed - tho not as rudely as that but pretty darn close.

I now have to fax them all the documents we have plus 3 adverts for cars of comparibale age/mileage and any other supporting "evidence" we have to warrant an increased offer.

My mother (in her 70's) has just asked me to recommend a desktop publishing program as people keep asking her to make posters on her computer, and she feels that hers lack pizzazz.

Somewhere out there are a group of people out there to whom my mother is a technical and design guru. :ohno02:

Battle has commenced - the insurer risk assessor rang not long ago wanting to know the mileage of the car, how many previous owners, how much we paid for it etc I wanted to know what the number of previous owners had to do with it as we have a fsh and warranted (documented) mileage etc plus the car had been in the garage only 5 days before the accident and they'd be prepared to do a report for us - got told any money we'd spent on the car wouldnt be factored in as thats classed as "essential maintainance" - I said yes indeed and with that having been done the car was A1 condition thus you need to take that into account moreover you now know theres a new exhaust and new brakes on it and no doubt you'd sell those to claw back your costs. He said they had photos showing rust - I laughed and said no you haven't and I too have photos showing NO rust anywhere on the car plus am prepared to call the mechanics who worked on it to give evidence there is NO rust whatsoever on her anywhere at ALL. :mad:

He told me not to get "upset" as they hadn't yet worked out what their offer was going to be and I might be surprised :rolleyes: I said ummm excuse me but your client hit US and there is no way on earth will I settle if it means being out of pocket or being unable to buy a car of similar value/quality - he said thats NOT the way Insurance works and all they are obligated to pay for is the cost of buying an identical age & make of car .... I said really? Hmmm well we have legal cover so when I do get the offer if it's not what I am expecting then I will have to consult with them and see where we go from there .... he's gonna call me back later ...

I promise never ever ever to cross you

Yup they just told me all they'll offer is £700 :(

I told them to get stuffed - tho not as rudely as that but pretty darn close.

I now have to fax them all the documents we have plus 3 adverts for cars of comparibale age/mileage and any other supporting "evidence" we have to warrant an increased offer.

are you dealing with the insurance company of the person who hit your car ? can your insurance company not help you at all

My mother (in her 70's) has just asked me to recommend a desktop publishing program as people keep asking her to make posters on her computer, and she feels that hers lack pizzazz.

Somewhere out there are a group of people out there to whom my mother is a technical and design guru. :ohno02:

that has made me giggle a lot , now you come to mention it Dogstar needs some new posters :ninja:

Nice tent Sue :)

Wow - let me know how you get on cos my Micro Camper is up for sale and the idea is to get a trailer tent instead.... and I have as much towing experience as you!!!!!

What is a micro camper? :unsure: Is it a little van with a kitchen?

I have got the sunshine back :pinkie: