UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March R M F

Wendbert

To be honest any talk of nipples of any kind in my pub would have them all so excited they'd be foaming at the mouth and clawing at each other to be the first in line for nipple-ness :rolleyes:

Mm yes, I was forgetting that all the blokies further out west are luurve machines :rolleyes:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there is one from Carmarthen to Newquay :laugh:

Their chat-up lines leave something to be desired, though. One old farmer in a pub greeted me with a big smile and told me I was the best thing he had seen all day. Would have been a nice compliment if he hadn't added that he had just spent 12 hours in the lambing shed looking at sheeps' backsides.

Edited by owl

Had some food for thought today. Sometime ago, the council blokies who are the Plainclothes Poo Police in our park were approaching dog walkers, asking if they had had any trouble with a large group of people who regularly walk their dogs in the morning. Apparently someone had complained about them. We didn't think it could be our gang, as we are very well organised so we don't get in anyone's way, and dogs go on lead if there is a horse/cyclist/unknown dog on lead etc and we walk early before the rush.

Turns out that we are the villains of the piece.

We had a few theories as to who the complainant could be, but we were wrong. Today all was revealed. There are 3 entrances to the main circular track, so it's a bit of a caucus race with people joining and leaving at various points. Some people and some dogs do 2 circuits, others one. There are usually 12 dogs and 8 or 9 walkers, but we spread out a bit, with 2 or 3 people up front watching out for horses etc, a bunch in the middle, and a rearguard who check for hazards behind and watch that no poos are overlooked. On the first lap there was a call from the front "onlead dog approaching" as a man with an old collie appeared up the path. We brought the dogs to heel but he turned off into the wood, so we went on as usual. On the second lap, various people had left and only 3 of us with 3 dogs remained. We encountered the man again and put dogs on lead. He thanked us, and said in a rather horribly patronising manner how nice it was to see responsible dog walkers, unlike that shocking bunch he had met at the other side of the park who were irresponsible enough to go around in a huge group with a horde of dogs running loose. One of my companions pointed out that this was us, minus a few who had now gone home, and if he hadn't gone off he would have seen all dogs go on lead until he was past us. Apparently this wasn't good enough - the man sees all large groups of dogs as a potential threat and all dogs should be onlead anyway.

The joggers, cyclists and riders like us because we are well organised and we all take responsibility for all the dogs. All the dogs in the group will come and be collared by any of us, except Wispa who when called in by anyone else will respond but go straight to me. The park wardens like us for the same reasons. And one individual who doesn't walk all that frequently has decided we are a threat because we hang out in a group. I know how teenagers feel - it's so UNFAIR. We weren't even wearing our hoodies :rolleyes: and although we have a dozen dogs between us, some of them are old and sedate. There are only 5 who run around and play a lot, and they aren't allowed to annoy people or dogs on the path.

I think that man may not have many friends. If he would like to join us, he might realise we are luffly really, and his ancient collie would be respected by our dogs. But I doubt that he would consider it. Perhaps for the best, as sometimes we tell rood jokes :wink: which might shock him.

Its people like you lot hanging out on street corners in hoodies,tripping up old men that wind Dyfed Powys police up untill they feel the need to harrass innocent people. I wouldnt get phoned late at night by police who have caught wild ponies off the mountain and herded them into innocent peoples fields and then pretended they are mine if the nice policemen wasnt at breaking point chasing you lot.

Im going to inform your mother tommorow. She is right Owl. You are totally out of control when left to your own devices.

I do find it bizarre that the dog collectors who also frequent that park and whose pack of dogs running out of control chased a Saluki accross the road in front of a car to be killed didnt get as much investigation as your gang.

Yes, there is one from Carmarthen to Newquay :laugh:

Their chat-up lines leave something to be desired, though. One old farmer in a pub greeted me with a big smile and told me I was the best thing he had seen all day. Would have been a nice compliment if he hadn't added that he had just spent 12 hours in the lambing shed looking at sheeps' backsides.

well yes but to be fair he was comparing you with Lamb not Mutton so I think you were on a winner there. :laugh: