UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

Hope your driveway is finished now Owl.

Hope your mum is still improving Griff.

We haven't had hot and not likely to either so stop complaining about it lol. Rain forecast all tomorrow morning as well so if any of you whinge about it being too hot and sunny I will have a tantrum - you have all been warned 😂

SUZEANNA, Murphy hated being groomed but couldn't take the hat, being black. 

I was able to trim his belly  hair back to the skin, leaving his 'skirt' around the sides so you didn't  see  that he was bare underneath. 

I did that because he always lay down  on his belly on the wet sand  and in the rock  pools to cool off. 

It made a difference to him.

When he went to the groomers I asked her to do the same.

It has ben scorching here in Edinburgh today . I walked Cleo after breakfast to avoid the hat later in the day.We had our tea out in the garden.

Forecast for Friday is 50mph gales , and 54 mph gales on Saturday! 

• Confused 1

Drive not completely finished, but most of the blockwork is laid. They just have the fiddly bits round the edges to do, fitting it to my concrete hard standing and down to the pavement. We should be able to get out ok to meet friend again for forestry walk.

Got a load of washing done and dried but did very little else. 

• Like 1

Eve, I appreciate it's annoying when others moan about temperatures you aren't having, but trust me..when your thermostat thingy is still reading 24 at 2am and you are hanging out of the bedroom window because you are having a hot flush, it's appropriate!

Philip's birthday today, and he's wandering around saying how the heck did I get this old? My daughter and her husband are coming over later and bringing his card and present and some things for lunch, so we can sit at the correct distance in the garden and have a small celebration.

I hope your mum is making a recovery after the ab's etc Griff x

waiting on a parcel coming. just saw a van pull up, went to the door. just before I opened it, I realised I only had a tshirt on. good job it wasn't for me. I have trousers on now

morning all. be safe x

Happy birthday Philip!!!!! Have a lovely day

Errrr, no, no improvement at all, still has the temperature and still slurring...not good. Hopefully when I call today there will be better news... just bad that we can't visit

S'ok Suzeanna, I was only joking. I chose to live in the west of Scotland so can't complain if I don't have the hot temperatures you're all complaining about lol. Having said that it was lovely today, supposed to be 17 but was much hotter than that. Back to rain tomorrow though. Happy birthday to Philip. Hope you had a lovely lunch with your daughter and son in law.

Any more news on your mum Griff?

Hope you were properly dressed when your parcel arrived Jazz lol. Don't want to scare the delivery drivers away.

Our lockdown is being eased next week. I can see my son again from next Thursday 😀 Construction workers can go back to work from next Thursday so I probably won't get to go over and see him then ☹️ Ah well, hopefully next weekend lol

That's good, eve.

We went for a walk in the forestry with our friend and got a bit lost because we were chatting. Neither of us gets lost alone. Feeling very guilty as Wispa may have walked rather too far, but at least it was mostly soft ground not tarmac.  My feet hate me. I wouldn't blame Wispa if she hates me as well, but I expect she will forgive me and think it's not my fault if I am stupid. 

Our friend brought clippers and muzzle and gave Wispa a pawdicure, much needed.

When we got back, there was a parcel with my neighbour. Friend in Wales sent me a gift box of cheeses with crackers and pickle :)

Edited by owl

I hope Philip's enjoyed his birthday 👍

I don't like Nicola Sturgeon but I think she has been very statesman like over her handling of Covid-19 in Scotland. I'm sure she's done herself a lot of good.

The kids (Henry & May) are growing in confidence every day and enjoying their training which involves lots of fun stuff. 

I'm sure Wispa will forgive her mum especially if she gets a little taste of that cheese 👍

• Like 1