UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

That's my radiotherapy finished.  Funny, all the Linac machines are the same but the two young women operating this one did things differently to the others...my neck and collar bone are very red and swollen, hope that's to be expected and not that they messed something up! could be they do a higher dose for the last one or something.

I thought today was meant to be warm and sunny? Warm yes, but very cloudy now.  It's Philip's birthday on Thursday and he has that day and the next off, so hope it stays reasonable for him.

I had a look at who is eligible to have a Covid 19 test, and I don't qualify.  Silly thing is, they are complaining that not enough people are taking up the opportunity to have the test.  If they made it available to more people then they would! Since I have to attend hospital pretty regularly I would have thought I should have one, to stop me possibly taking anything into hospital if for no other reason.

Jazz, did your doctor offer you the Corona virus test? Anyone over 5 who is showing symptoms is now entitled to a test.

Suzeanna, pleased it's done with, sending big of and die horrible lump thoughts your way!! Hope the skin settles soon

Mums consultant contacted her on behalf of the government saying she had to have a Corona virus blood test every month...the government wrote and said it's 3 in 12 months....she has had the first one today

We have had a day at home. Yesterday we met our friend for a forestry walk. Wispa was very glad to see her auntie Charlotte, and found the whole day so exciting that she slept all today. I have strimmed all the grass and repotted some strawberries. Just got hose out and watered everything. Warm and humid here but ground too dry.

Finally after a hold up over the blocks arriving, the drive is being laid next door and of course over the part of my drive which doesn't have a new concrete standing.

no, suppose because she diagnosed it the other week. there was a week of being able to go for one, but I didn't go.

they were just saying on the tv that they knew of other symptoms for 2 months. yes they did, as she knew them all 3 weeks ago

Im glad your treatment is over and hope it worked xxx

I would get the test jazz....if you have symptoms you are entitled and as it is you have suspected Corona virus...it can only be truly diagnosed with a positive test result....if it comes back positive, you are no worse off but if it's negative then obviously there's something else wrong. I believe they just post the test out to you now

Owl.... sounds a nice way to spend the day..in the garden, I quite fancy growing strawberries but my history of plants and them living is not the best lol.

• Like 1

I'm glad your sessions are over Suzeanna. I certainly hope that's done the trick 👍

We were in the paddock with the dogs this morning and both of us were adjusting Henry's harness. As I straightened up I saw a whirling dervish coming at me. I had no time to move before May crashed into my bad knee. I went down heavily on my hip. Thank dawg I had my knee brace on which helped I'm sure.  

Today is their last full day with us. 

• Sad 2

Ouch Marion! I hope it's not done any lasting damage!  I remember Claz who used to be on DP and here had a greyhound run full tilt into her knee, she had endless trouble with it afterwards.  A neighbour of mine a few doors down was crashed into by a dog up on the field and it shattered her knee, she was on crutches for months.

Thanks for the good thoughts all, I won't know if it has done the trick until it either starts spreading again, or doesn't.  Time will tell!