UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

I didn't really stock up on anything apart from Chappie for Candy! 

My voice has gone down a level today, but at least I'm not croaking.  I do feel awfully tired though and that's saying something as I'm usually pretty tired anyway thanks to the dreaded tablets.   Candy looks as if she's gone through a hedge backwards, I'm hoping that my grooming lady might still be working as she works from her home and collects and delivers dogs.  Failing that, we bought some dog clippers which may or may not get rid of some hair at least.  One negative about Candy, she hates being brushed and especially hates her ears and feet being fiddled with so it could be interesting! I don't want to get cross with her or scare her so if she hates it, I'll give up the idea.

with my hoarding, ive still got enough coffee to keep me going, from February lol

small world. someone on the disabled site is related to the man I like from a show. hes got him to send me a get well video, and arranged that when hes next in a show, we go, and have a drink with him after. lovely people about. he always needs somewhere to stay when hes on tour, loves dogs, so if you have a spare room, and happy to put him up please let me know xx 

I know they are vermin and spread disease and all that, but it was quite interesting watching a rat as she bustled along the patio, up onto the raised flower bed and vanished for a bit and then came back along the same track.  (saying she as Philip says it looks like a female.) She did it a few times, always on the same line.  I'm thinking of putting up a mini agility course for her.. a few jumps, maybe an a frame? would a tunnel be too much? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just been out with Cleo and two deer ran across the path in front of us. Cleo didn't see them as she had her nose on the ground. 

Yesterday,  there was what appeared to be a bird's neck and head sticking up out of the grass up ahead of us. It  was motionless.

As I approached I saw it was a pigeon, sitting rigid. It only flew  off when I was a  pace away from it. Then  I noticed two magpies circling and  squawking  over a bush opposite and they flew at  the  pigeon as it rose in the air and flew off.

I   assume they had a nest or were raiding the pigeon's nest..

Good morning everyone :)

Near disaster of the culinary kind yesterday. Among the things I found in back of cupboard was a tin of Whole Earth baked beans with no sugar which was a year out of date. I opened it to see if it was OK, and no sign of metal erosion so tipped beans into saucepan. Then I rinsed out the tin to put in recycling, and found there were bubbles everywhere. That tin was fizzing like champagne. A look at the ingredients list on label revealed that apple juice replaced the sugar. The stuff must have fermented. I emptied the pan of beans down the loo which fizzed like a bubble bath. Quick flush and goodbye baked bean cider. Perhaps somewhere in the drains there are rats with hangovers who can't stop farting. 

I didn't think fermentation could happen without air? Maybe it all kicked off when I opened the tin. 

I didn't feel like cooking after that, so for the first time in months I ordered a takeaway pizza.  The delivery driver was a fellow warden at the reserve, and it was really nice to see him and have a brief distanced chat :) 

• Haha 1

Sorry you are feeling bad again Jazz.  I hope the chap makes a recovery from whatever he's got.

I was tidying up in the garden and a very bold little robin was following me round, when I sat down he nearly sat on my foot.  If we can find anywhere open tomorrow on our way back from Sheffield where we can buy mealworms, I'll see if I can tempt him onto my hand. 

I can't imagine a combination of apple juice and beans anyway, fermenting or not 🤢 At least you got a pizza out of it and a chat with your colleague so not all bad.

So sorry about your friend Jazz. Hope they get to the bottom of his condition and can treat it, though I guess he'd be on IV antibiotics for either illness. Hope your breathing improves too. Do you know what sets it off?

Been raining here all day so the dogs haven't had their walk. Their choice, not mine. I got ready to go but they flatly refused to get their poor dissolvable paws wet lol. They've had a few quick toilet dashes into the garden but that's all. Wimps. Also meant I had no excuse not to do some housework so the house is now vacuumed from top to bottom, bed linen all changed and the bedroom furniture is dusted and gleaming. Wouldn't mind but two of the bedrooms are only used by the dogs 😂 Hopefully can put all that nonsense behind me and get back out dog walking and gardening tomorrow.