UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

Me too Suzeanna, keeping everything crossed it doesn't spread.

Ouch Yantan - that's her going away pressie to you lol, making sure you don't forget her.

Take the test Jazz. Even if it just confirms it at least you'll know for sure.

Sounds like a nice pottering about day Owl. We had rain again today so at least I didn't have to water the garden. Was so bored I cleaned the bathroom and shower room today though eek! I have mostly not minded the lockdown, probably because the weather has been so good but today it has really got to me and I felt really down. Doesn't help that England has eased the restrictions a bit and we've another couple of weeks before we catch up. Just missing my son - haven't seen him for 2 months. I know everyone is in the same boat and my life is better than most healthwise so just ignore my whinging.

I wish we hadn'tĀ eased restrictions in someĀ waysĀ as people are being idiots. Give them an inch and they will take as many miles as will get them to theĀ coast or a popular inland spot. The Derbyshire Dales were worse over theĀ weekend than on a bank holiday weekend. Great long queues of cars.Ā 

Ā 

Yeah Eve...tbf, the majority here are being good but there are d*cks bending the rules to suit...a family from the Costa del cov fancied "a spin" drove to Wales... about 3 hours each way with their feckin dog...at least 5 of them. Steve is 15 minutes away in a car, I can go meet him and Molly on their field... haven't done it. In fact, since restrictions were eased I have been and stood at the exit of homebase.. 2 metres away from anyone. I haven't had a video call properly with Steve.. just seen Molly and the ceiling, done a video call with my brother...got my dad involved in that but it's not worth risking my family or myself....will stay as I am for now, I would kill for a pint in the pub with my mates but I am happy to wait until we are all safe. And leave the cleaning alone!! I just can't be a*sed lol

Been wet but the sun is trying to shine now.Ā 

My firs DalmatianĀ  used to run upĀ  behind us then turn and hit you broadside at the back of the knees. We learned to keep looking behind usĀ  if she was behind us.

Jazz, I read about other peopleĀ  saying their symptoms keptĀ  goingĀ  then coming back. I don't think it means youĀ  still have the virus activeĀ  in your body, but isĀ  after effectsĀ  of the virus. The body needs to healĀ  and the immune system build up.

There areĀ  scenes of Birling Gap in Sussex , on BBC radio Sussex facebook page, with what must be hundreds of cars parked . Many people defending it saying thereĀ  is plenty room on the downs for everybody to social distance. One person does wonder where these people went before as the place was never as busy as that before.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I used to go to Birling Gap sometimes when I lived in Eastbourne and it did used to be quiet, probably because most visitors preferred to go to Beachy Head just up the road, or into Eastbourne itself. I'm not good with heights so it wasn't a place I liked to be. I expect a lot of people went to cafes or beer gardens which are currently closed. There's some really nice ones all round that area.

Pleased you got your food parcel Jazz and on to the priority list.

Not too bad here, few drizzly spells but mostly dry and quite warm. I have managed to stay away from the cleaning lol.

We waved a temporary bye bye to May & Henry about 8.30 this morning. They reached their destination at midday and we've just had an update to say they've enjoyed a good old runaround and had lots of fun. That settled us as we've been sitting here feeling like we betrayed them. I know they are in the best hands but we feel bad that we didn't have the skills to help them ourselves.

With reference to people congregating in beauty spots I think its a psychological thing with some. Told you can't go farĀ for weeks you start to want to do just that and so head off to more distant places when travel is allowed.

We had about a dozen middle aged bikers in town on Saturday. Nothing's open, the public loos are closed so they milled around in one of the carparks that is still open. Very soon after there were complaints about their behaviour - peeing up against walls and trees in full view of people living nearby and alsoĀ making a lot of noise and littering.

As someone said "mooching about a car park in leathers isn't exactlyĀ travelling for exercise".

Police here had to stop people camping and fined a number of 2nd home owners who travelled here and thought the rules about no overnight stays didn't apply to them.

Ā 

A quick hello

Pleased the dogs are happy... you did a great job with them.

Mums been rushed to hospital with the paramedics, she is in a very bad way with suspected sepsis, we obviously aren't allowed to go with her or even visit...so anyone who has breached the lockdown rules, well, I hope you never have to say goodbye to your loved one in the back of an ambulance...possibly never seeing them again

Oh hell Griff ā˜¹ I hope she'll be OK. You won't be able to go and see her will you due to Covid-19? Sending positive thoughts for her. Ruby had a friend in hospital recently with sepsis but she got over it after a 2 or 3 week stay and is now recovering well.Ā