UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

Oh lord Griff, so sorry to hear this.  I know Philip said BT were sending tablets to hospitals so patients could be in touch with their families, wonder if they have anything at the one your mum has gone to? If it's sepsis and they are quick off the mark with antibiotics there's no reason why she shouldn't make a good recovery, fingers crossed here. 

If you were including me in poorly ones Owl, I'm ok.  My neck looks as if I have a very bad case of sunburn and it's sore and rather swollen and my voice keeps going a bit but otherwise, I'm good. Candy is hating this warm weather, doesn't help that she wouldn't let me use the clippers (no surprise there!) and her coat is heavy at the moment.  I've managed to get an appt with the groomer but not until 1st June. 

• Like 2

So sorry to hear that Griff. Really hope your mum makes a full recovery ,and you can make contact with her somehow.

Glad you're ok Suzeanna, it's a helluva treatment you're going through by the sound of it. You're always in my thoughts.

Sounds like May and Henry are coping ok Yantan which must be a relief. Hopefully they come back as super well trained beautifully behaved dogs (you haven't forgotten they're staffies have you 😂)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry to read about your mum, griff. Sending best wishes to you all. It is very worrying time to be in hospital.

Yantan, you shouldn't feel guilt that you did not have the experience to help Henry and May. You  showed them love and a  better life and helped the rescue identify the help they needed. That is being given by a professional so you have nothing to feel guilty about.

• Like 2

Yes Suzeanna, I was including you and hoping the side effects aren't too bad.

Yantan, you gave those staffies what they needed at the time.

Griff, I do hope that something can be set up for you to talk to your mum. 

Had a huge row with my net friend in USA who has been on the freedom marches hugging everyone. I am usually slow to have a go at people but I did send her some very hard hitting photo diary stuff about what is going on here. She sent me some youtube clips all about how this virus is no worse than flu and we are all being controlled by fear and must fight for our freedom. She is hoping I will see her version of things and be converted. I have little hope that she will give the slightest thought to mine. probably going to block her as she is bad for my blood pressure.

Thank you all

I called a&e twice and she has been kept in....I called her on the ward and the woman said " I don't know what our confidentiality policy is with everything that's going on"!!!! Errrr that's my mum, you either tell me on the phone or I will see you face to face!! Anyway, she's had a load of IV antibiotics and IV fluids some swabs done, passed her to my dad who was having a word when she hung up!!

Lol...Eve, a well behaved Staffy...lol

Owl...one of the chaps from the pub has died from it... funeral Friday! As the saying goes...you can't educate stupid! 

Hoping your mum has some improvement today, Griff.

Driveway nearly finished. We were marooned until late yesterday, as the guys were working close to our front door and I didn't want to delay them or mess up what they were doing, which was complicated stuff with sand and strings and spirit levels etc. Once they wound up we did get out to the reserve, better time to walk anyway. Saw Gustav and Zoltan and their dad some distance away, no one else around. Chorus of marsh frogs singing so loud you couldn't hear the geese. 

Forecast really hot so we are staying at home. Alternate days out seems to work for us, and the guys will finish all the block laying today and put my doorstep back in place.  

Edited by owl
  • Like 1

Thanks for asking, spoke to her briefly earlier, she hasn't slept as someone was screaming all night! I haven't rung and spoken to the medics yet as I wanted to let them get the rounds out of the way first of all

• Like 1

Suzeanna its good to hear you are doing ok after your treatment. Poor Candy will have to suffer until her hair appointment if she refuses to let mum near with the clippers. 

Henry & May would have been going to boot camp regardless but obviously with Ruby's upcoming chemo we can't have them in the house as we can't have people coming to walk them every day and risk them picking something up in their feet or coats and bringing it home with them. We are wondering if it's fair to have them stuck in kennels until we are ready if homes were forthcoming? It's something to ponder on anyway and discuss with the rescue and their trainer.

Thank you for your kind words black magic 👍

I'm sat in Jaffa in the hospital car park waiting for Ruby.

Just spoken to the hospital..she has been moved, apparently she still has the temperature and cellulitis..so I said not sepsis then? The lady said that's what they call it and we can't rule it out... I don't understand! Anyway she is o.k and I am deffo not allowed up, even to deliver food

• Sad 2

The thermostat controls for the boiler show the temperature..25.5 upstairs!  Poor Candy is puffing like a bellows.  We got her a paddling pool the first summer after we had her when we realised how much she felt the heat, but she won't get in it.  I plonked her in it and she jumped out and glowered at me!  Silly girl.