UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

Is this the neighbour with the dogs who bark all the time, Marion?  Our neighbour's daughters and grandchildren have been going round to their place every since the announcement of lockdown, some folk just don't care.  

Glad you are getting help sorted Griff, about time too! 

Two of my treatments down, three to go. They changed the time of todays and tomorrows to 7.10 pm, it was great! Barely any traffic through to Sheffield and straight  into the car park, plenty of disabled spaces. Neck is very stiff at the moment due to the strained position I have to keep my head in, but a little glass (or a bigger one) of pink port that I had for my birthday from my daughter should help relax it! Port from Porto, no less..they got it on a cruise when they called there.

• Like 2

Well done May!

Glad things weren't too bad at Sheffield, Suzeanna.

Wispa and I had a good time at the reserve and a bracing walk as quite windy. Having to take her harness in a bit now, after I had let it out an inch. With the cooler weather she has been more inclined to run about in the garden. 

• Like 1

Loving your relaxation therapy Suzeanna. Glad the new times work for you.

Pleased you're accepting help at last Griff. About time you looked after yourself as well as others.

Fingers crossed the indicator problem is solved Owl.

All my neighbours are behaving themselves, no flouting lockdown rules here lol.

• Like 1

It is that neighbour Suzeanna. I've already told her we need her to take care during Ruby's chemo treatment but she's terrible for forgetting social distancing. I was out sitting on my lounger a few weeks ago and had placed it more toward the fence as it was the only spot in our shady garden that was in sun. She came right up to the fence and leaned over to tell me something. I shot up and moved to the other side of the garden (its the size of a pocket handkerchief) and said "FFS woman effing social distancing means nothing to you does it". Oh and she's had breast cancer herself! 

Enjoy that port!

• Confused 1

between me and the man, we have managed to sort it out. haven't seen a picture, but its a ramp for a fiver, ill have it! lewis will get it tomorrow. im keeping lewis busy on his day off, hes getting some dog bits a lady has offered. don't think hes remembered hes shopping too lol

I mowed the first bit of our very long grass this morning, then left it to do something else.  Went back and the mower made a very nasty noise and pong and didn't go.  Oh dear..I've broken it! No, thankfully I hadn't.  Philip turned it over and there was a big chunk of damp grass clogging the blades, he fished it out and now it's fine.  Phew! One expense spared.

Just had my third radiotherapy, I was chatting to the lady radiographer and she was saying how much more smoothly all clinics are running now that they are being led by nurses and technicians, rather than the doctors! She said they may be clever but....and left it at that.

I got a text on my mobile this morning, informing me that I am a vulnerable person and as such should stay indoors until June 30th. Bit late guys, I had the letter weeks ago and as I have two more appts at Sheffield and then Chesterfield, that isn't going to happen!

• Haha 1

Thank goodness for Lewis Jazz. Keeps you sane in these weird times.

That's a good price for the paddock Yantan. Our nearest one is £10 for half an hour. Not that we could go to it as it's out of area and we're still on full lockdown. We've not had any restrictions lifted.

There's only 4 households out clapping for keyworkers now in the streets round here. Everyone did it on the first night but since then most people haven't bothered.

Glad you got the mower sorted Suzeanna. How do you feel after the radiotherapy?

Suzeanna, when I had to see my neurologist ( awful man) he kept me waiting 30 minutes, when he turned up, he was being so bloody rude to the nurse, she was there on time, greeted us, put us in the consultation room to wait, put all my files in there, kept coming an apologising etc...anyway, the guy was an ignorant tw*t and I ended up telling him exactly what I thought of him...I told him that he may be a Dr, may be more highly educated than us and the nurse but that didn't make him any better than her or us and infact...if it wasn't for the nurse he wouldn't cope! She ensures the smooth running of his clinic and makes sure he has everything he needs to hand. When I got outside my mum just looked at me...I thought I was in for a telling off about me having a go at him,.....nope she said thank god you said something as I was about to and she just said she was impressed I hadn't slapped him....he really was being rude and condescending to the nurse.

Eve, we have noticed a few less families out

Just had to spend £70 on bin locks...my lovely neighbours have been using my bin, they have chucked a half eaten kebab in my bin without tying it in a bag...there's a Ruddy global pandemic and I have to deal with some dirty sods leftover food ( if your bin has maggots the council won't empty it)... I couldn't reach it, mum can't go out and I daren't let my dad do it.....he would chuck it over the fence! I really have had a gutful now...not to mention they turn up at gone 10pm Tonight water their garden ( my room is right next to their house at the front) apparently they are that loud you can hear them in our back garden.. they are in their front garden, my last thread is fraying!