UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Already!

Jazz

Yantan, some people don't know any other way to live. Maybe her granddaughter will improve things.

We had thunder this afternoon and  a downpour  to beat all  downpours.

Cleo insisted she wanted to go out. I opened the door and she put her front paws out, stopped ,turned round and looked at me and came back in. 

Well Ruby's just told me we had a terrific thunder and lighting storm last night. She normally sleeps thro anything but that lot woke her up whilst I was the one who slept thro it!

Bloomin heck blackmagic, it sounds a right old state of affairs and non of it gets any better when only platitudes are thrown out and paperwork is sent out in a perpetual round of pass the buck.

It's going to be really hot here tomorrow with 30c forecast. Evie and family plus new addition may be visiting but I'm not sure I can cope with kids in that sort of heat. We'll see what happens.

A lovely 22 here 😛 But could reach 25 tomorrow 😎 Then that's the end of our heatwave lol.

Blackmagic that sounds horrific treatment for Jim. Our NHS service isn't brilliant but it's better than that. Glad we don't have to approach our MSP for anything as he's an evil old bigot who I wouldn't even give the time of day to.

How's Katie doing Jazz?

I have had a great evening at a pub. Celebratory get together for everyone who had  been involved in the dog search from Thursday to the happy reunion last night. About 30 people and a few dogs were there including the runaway. Prosecco was flowing and I was happy with the best alc free beer I have ever tasted. But I have forgotten its name. A search online  for alc free beers will probably find it. German bottled beer, tastes like a mellow lager. 

• Like 2

Jazz, as most of yours are small, can you put a washing up bowl full of water in some shade, and encourage them to lie in it? I know you'll then have soggy dogs around the house, but at least they'll be cool soggy dogs!  I bought one of those shell paddling pools the first year we had Candy, put her in it and she shot out as if I was trying to drown her! Never been near it since.

ive got a little paddling pool im going to try. knowing kevin and hugo they will wee in it lol got a big cooling mat coming tomorrow. they wouldn't lie on the last one. cor im dripping already. 2 fans are going back on

Suzeanna I fold. Don't want to match that 34C. Awful!

Evie and family are calling in after a fell walk. Rather them than me! I've got water and J20's chilling I  the fridge and ice lollies in the freezer for them. I don't think they will be here long as they are planning on messing about on a boat on our lake this afternoon. 

We are currently at 27C. It's risen from 21C at 9am. One of our pedestal fans has gone to Rainbow Bridge (Appliance section) I've brought the other pedestal fan from the kitchen into the sitting room. It's more powerful but rather noisy.  Alexa is in competition with it. I suspect I shall have a headache before long.

I was sitting in the garden earlier under the shade of our very large parasol, and it was still too hot!  Loads of birds dashing around, all coming down for food then veering off when they saw me, also a lovely bright blue dragonfly and just after I went back in, a squirrel.  Candy saw that off in short order!

Funny isn't it..they are telling us not to use our cars, take the train instead.  On the radio, asking people not to travel by train if possible as tracks are buckling in the heat! 

25 here in the kitchen extension. A few steps up to the patio suntrap and it is 48.  Yes, that is 48, not a typo for 38. Will move the garden thermometer if it gets any higher as I don't want it to explode.

Went to reserve early to top up a few things in the polytunnel, then straight home and staying here. Just going to hang out another washload then will join Wispa under the leylandii for rest of afternoon.

Hello everyone I'm back again with deep apologies for wandering off again - Suzeanna you have my permission to thump me if I do it again!! I have a lot of catching up to do anyone have any cliff notes for me? 

In brief my news is - still dogless sadly though keeping an eye on a few groups and rescue sites, not in a hurry as its important to us to get it right next time and I think too that sometimes we forget how much of a tie having one can be and in some ways it's been a refreshing change not to have to do things in 4 hour slots because we need to get home for the dog etc. on the other hand the house feels empty and I do miss having a dog immensely. I will be having Bruno to stay for 2 weeks next weekend so that will give me a bit of a "fix". 

Healthwise - well lets just say haven't been brilliant but am working on things. Had a CT scan mixed results some good some not so good but mostly fixable, however best news was that despite having been a smoker for 35 years now that I am no longer a smoker (5 years now!) my chest and lungs are completely clear! 

Lost over 4 stone in weight so far - lots and lots more to go - have turned into a calorie & carbs bore and have become slightly ( OK a lot) obsessed with myfitnesspal charting every little thing I think I will eat or have eaten - I need to somehow calm that down a bit. Sods law it hasn't helped with my mobility one iota but my scooter does go a bit faster now lol 

Will try and be around much more regularly from now on and spend less time on the AIBU threads on mumsnet.