UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Already!

Jazz

Just spent an hour stopping 4 horses from wondering onto the A45...had to stop traffic in our street at one point, an hour after I called 101 the police arrived... just after the owner who wanted to know if I had a husband...I said yes I did lol

what a night!

storm woke us up, to find katie barely breathing! so brought her round, then sat up crying with her. dogs got me up at 6, so just left the back doors open and went back to bed till 9.30

katie has a bad stomach this morning, but shes still here xxxx

If Dylan had still been with us he'd have been in a panic but Candy totally ignores bangs and crashes, thank goodness.  It's not that she has hearing problems either, I've whispered her name from the other room and she's heard me.

Owl..or anyone on FB really..have you ever checked out Marketplace? I want a wicker sofa for the conservatory but not a new one, and I've found a few hopefuls on there.  I've also got a post frock I bought for our cruise, only worn twice and not anything I'd ever wear anywhere else so I might try putting that on.

My mate uses marketplace to sell stuff all the time Suzeanna...you do get people who  say they will have stuff and don't ever show up

Hmmmm it's a gypsy who owns them... there's an abandonment notice on them but he visits them every day

Awwww poor Katie, has she got to go to the vets? Hope she will be o.k

she hasn't been right for a few days. she looks different. know what I mean? if we hadn't had the storm she would have been gone, but shes not herself. ill enjoy the time ive got with her

if I click on a selling page, it takes me to marketplace. things iv put on a site, has been on there too

We had no storm despite the warnings given on TV.

Yesterday the temperature was 28 degrees. We spent in in the car or waiting  in the hospital for an appointment that was  one and a quarter hours late.  The previous appointment was one and a half hours late,

When you get up at 6.30 am and spend 3 hours travelling to get there in time it is a bot annoying!  Why do consultants consider their time precious but ours doesn't matter?

At least , last time  he apologised but said nothing this time.

He also seemed unprepared.

He was supposed to be telling us what chemo  JIm would get but  he muttered about when the drain would be removed - he previously said he would go ahead regardless- then wanted an xray done, then said respiratory would need one when they removed the drain  so they could do it. then said 'you can arrange it' (  never known a patient  arrange an xray) , then said 'but how I know it had been done? I asked it the report would not be sent to him but he looked blankly  at me. 

I asked about the genetic report he was asking for from the biopsy taken. He looked blankly then checked through the notes and mumbled 'I don't seem o thave anything  .I will need to check that.'  that report was to ascertain what chemo would  be more accurate and the reason we had that appointment.

In the end we agreed to go back on 20 August but in the meantime Jim   contacted the respiratory nurse about getting the drain  removed as there has been no drainage for 5 weeks. As JIm is  in so much pain she has agreed to look at his notes today with a view to  removing it.and will phone him on Thursday . So,  at least that was accomplished. . 

I think JIm had been overlooked because the previous patient came out  at least 20 minutes before. 

JIm eventually asked at reception and she said  ' they are running late  but I will check.'  She went into a side room and came back saying that there was someone in ( lie) but he was next. Hmm, there was nobody else left so he had to be next.  However, nobody had gone in or come out since that last patient. 

So I am sure he had been overlooked and the oncologist had not been through the notes to know what was happening.

• Sad 1

How absolutely bloody infuriating, Blackmagic! It was a complete waste of your time, and very disappointing for Jim not to have the information he wanted.  Do you have a contact number for the oncologist? In your shoes, I'd phone and speak to his secretary and start politely and ask was he unwell at all that day? If they sound puzzled and say no, say well what excuse exactly was there for him not having the info that you were supposed to learn? The first oncologist I saw was a complete waste of space, second one was better but she's vanished and I've yet to have a second viewing of the third, but I have hopes for an improvement.  

We tend to think (or hope!) that these people are efficient and know what they are doing, but some of them most certainly fall short.

what a shame that happened xxxx

I got a letter today asking to ring for an appointment. I thought it was for the shoulder surgeon, but its a follow up for the hip surgeon, didn't think he needed to see me again as everything last time, he asked other departments to look at, who said I needed a different department, that I haven't had appointments for......

Our hospital is a shambles  at  the  moment. One hand doesn't know what the other  is doing.

They  have withdrawn service from out local ( very good) hospital along with other rural areas up here  including Skye - and  transferred everything to Inverness. But they have not increased the infrastructure to cope . No  extra staff, no extra beds, no extra parking.

JIm  should have annual eye exams die to high eye[ pressure. HIs last one is at least 18 months ago. 

He got  an appointment for Inverness and queried it to be told his consultant no longer comes up to Wick. So , all his patients have to travel to Inverness.

One lady was told by the appointments section that her consultant didn't come up to Wick. She contacted his  secretary to be told , yes, he did come up.

Last year NHS  Highland spent £3 million pounds on travel expenses to patients.

Pregnan t mums , in labour have to travel over 100 miles - 3 hours- to Inverness for delivery. I t came to a head when  a mum had to be taken to a cottage hospital en route , where one twin who was breach was delivered. They tried to get the air ambulance for her but it would take 2 hours to come so she went by ambulance with two midwives. These midwives  delivered the baby despite them not being considered suitable to deliver babies  in Wick. 

The air ambulance  couldn't land because f the weather - despite us being told the air ambulance would be available  as back up- so the twin went  to   Inverness in one ambulance and mum in  another. The second twi was delivered in Inverness.

As part of one of several enquiries being carried out into the affair we have now been told the air ambulance is not a safe mode of transport for pregnant mums. 

Last winter one mum had to have a snow plough clearing the  road    in front of her ambulance. 

Three  heads of management have resigned since the start of the year.

We have an active local health group who are trying to get us a better service. The sad thing is it was very good until they decided to centralise everything.

That's shocking blackmagic. Is your SMP doing anything to help the situation?

I went round next door to fit the sleeve and vent cover only to discover the kitchen knee deep in crap. You'd never know she recently had a new kitchen fitted as she's put all the junk back in it. Barely a space on the worktops & the floor in front of the dryer was littered with dawg knows what.

I'd told her yesterday I would have to pull the dryer out to get to the vent in the wall but she hadn't cleared the floor space and I was buggered if I was doing it.

One of her grown up granddaughters is coming to see her tomorrow so she's going to get Sophie to pull the dryer out and I'm sure Sophie will wiggle her way into the tight space in order to pull the trunking out so I can get the sleeve in from the outside - so it suits me!

Yes, our SMP is actively involved. She has been in contact with the Health Secretary and other departments.

Caithness Health ActionTeam  have  had a meeting with the new Chief Executive , who is keen to see things improved but , as is normal, they say all the right words but nothing changes.

Jim wrote a letter of complaint to the feedback team and the Chief Executive. The feedback team  replied they had passed the letter to the Chief Executive and the Chief executive replied that he had passed the letter to the feedback team!

He did get a reply eventually but it was the usual platitudes and they are remodelling the service which is due to start in 5 years time!