UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Already!

Jazz

Oh heck Suzeanna I am sorry your leg is getting you down so much :GroupHug:

I agree about washing the filters more frequently than Shark advise. 

We are thinking of getting a new steam mop mainly because our current one has pads that velcro to the bottom of the head but the plastic bits that you stick the velcro to have mostly worn away. This means the pads fall off freqently. We saw Shark do steam cleaners where the pads are fitted in a different way but on reading reviews there are some very mixed opinions. Some love the mops but others say they are difficult to move along the floor. Anyone got a steam mop they would recommend?

Suzeanna, have you told your consultant?? I would get an appointment with your GP as an emergency and ask if there's anything they can do...I wonder if you would be able to have a steroid injection like I am going to get?? I am so sorry you are in pain xx

Owl...I hope your quiet day stays quiet!

Just re read my post...OMG what an embarrassing self pitying whine!  I apologise for subjecting you to it!  Griff, my oncologist is the only senior type medic I see, and I doubt he'd have a clue about anything outside his own speciality.  Last GP was the one who gave me the gel, one before sent me for an urgent appointment with a vascular consultant, who said my circulation was fine.  The GP I saw last did say it could be neuropathy caused not just by the letrozole, but by the chemo tablets I take, and I can't stop them.  Snow has been very helpful (been talking to her on FB) with suggestions for a mobility scooter.  I don't like the idea but if this keeps up then I might have to  give in gracefully. Is the steroid injection for your wrist? anything about the referral yet?

Had an irate pair of magpies on the lawn earlier, they checked the two bowls at the end of the garden and horror of horrors, no water in either so they came right up to the house and glowered at me through the window.  I've now gone and filled them up.  It's bad enough seeing a line of doves on the roof waiting for the feeders to be filled, without snotty magpies too!

the first scooter I bought, I couldn't accept I needed it. When I stopped driving, got another and love it. I bought this one that you can take apart so it goes in the car. my friend has bought the big one that can go on the roads. Just depends what you want it for

Jazz, it would be for walking Candy really and if I wanted to go anywhere that involved a lot of walking..such as Chester Zoo.  Just one of the small ones which break up so you can put them in the boot of the car, not one of the big fancy ones. Philip says I should get one of the big ones with the front that looks like a motor bike, and get myself a leather with Hell's Angels Ibuprofen chapter on the back!

• Haha 2

Suzeanna, I too have the neuropathy...my feet are just pins and needles all the time so I can't feel them properly...no news on the referral and yes I think it will be a steroid injection into my wrist but also I am having them in my knees, already had one in my foot....I will end up looking like the Hulk at this rate lol

Is it hot where you are?

It's OK here though we are starting to see the humidity rising.

There was no parking anywhere near here when Ruby got home on Saturday evening so she had to park in our back lane tight up against our house. Whilst she was manoevuring close to the wall to make sure there was enough space for vehicles to get past she clipped next door's vent cover from the tumble drier. I tried to put it back together but it was so flimsy it was impossible. We weren't going to say anything as we've had ours knocked loads of times, what with the refuse collectors moving bins around and other vehicles clipping it including, we suspect, by our neighbour when she had to park there once.

Well we are too honest and it has been eating away at us and so I owned up today. The neighbour came out to have a look at it with me and we were both disgusted at the shoddy way it had been fixed originally very recently, either by the kitchen fitters or the electrician.  It was a three quid plastic louvre cover and had been fitted to the wall with clear plastic sealant and the screws that it was meant to be fitted with were still in their little baggy lying a 3 or 4 inches away against the wall. It was no wonder it all dropped to pieces! 

I asked her if she'd rather have a hooded vent cover like the one I ended up fitting to our dryer outlet and which is much more robust. It hasn't come on off since I fitted it several years ago. Neighbour said "oh yes please" and offered to pay for it but I told her we'd get it as Ruby's car had knocked the original. So then I looked closer at her dryer venting and discovered they'd not even fitted a sleeve to the hole they'd drilled in the wall! 

So she is paying for a sleeve, we are paying for the vent cover, both have been ordered and should be here by Wednesday and I will fit them both. Now I can sleep tonight without that awful guilt gnawing at me!

Edited by Yantan
missing letters!
  • Like 2

Well done Yantan, you did the right thing.

Been drizzly and mild here today, wee bit brighter this afternoon.

Shark vac has arrived and I've had a little play with it, really impressed with its power. Will have a proper go in the morning when the dogs are out on their pack walk. Think they must have been listening to feedback as the instruction booklet now recommends cleaning filter monthly.

I'm with Philip Suzeanna, go for the full biker effect lol. And stop apologising - the amount of whining I've done on here this year for a lot less reason than you've got and you've all been nothing but supportive. So have the same support back.

• Like 1