UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Chatty Time X

Jazz

Hahaa Jazz. Mine's been and half the stuff has had to be substituted. I am not having a good day!

I rang the online pharmacy and my prescription definitely went out on Tuesday. The lady on the phone had a tracking number which, when she checked, told her it would be out for delivery to me today between 12.10 and 3.23. Such precise times! That was something she'd never seen before. We very rarely get an afternoon delivery so I am a bit wary about that. The Royal Mail has gone down since it was privatised. We have Amazon Prime and it's very rare for us to have something arrive the next day, as per the "next day delivery" promise if Amazon have dispatched it via Royal Mail. If it comes by Hermes, Yodel or DHL then it always arrives the following day. Our local posties are lovely, bar one, and do their best but I think they have just been asked to do more and more with no extra time to do it.

Oh and now just to add to the day's going's on its started clouding over!

I do hope you are all having less frustrating days.

Griff how are you and how is your dad?

Can't help with that one Jazz. I only use Tesco. They have £2.00 delivery slots very late on Monday and late Wednesday afternoon but perhaps you want your shopping before then? I'm signed up to the delivery saver and can have any time deliveries for £7 a month.

Iceland does £25 minimum, but I was busy trying to find what I wanted, its hard on there. put in potatoes, it came up with sanitary towels! it said my booked delivery slot had expired, and wouldn't add any more items, I only needed another £4, so gave up

ill wait till I need more stuff

Asda do £25 delivery i believe....mine just consists of beer Lol

Dad is going to be o.k...thankfully, good job as he would decline treatment

I have been enjoying all the sunshine, did spend yesterday worrying and today actually about Steve as it was 90 degrees in his cab...one of the inspectors had the balls to tell him off for not having his tie on!! he said he passed out the other year because of the heat and so sorry he wasn't wearing his tie, he is going to get the Dr to exempt him from wearing it in hot weather.

Should have been out for dinner today but as i still don't feel right i am staying home

I hope you feel better soon Griff.

I now what you mean Jazz. It's gets sometimes that you just can't be bleedin' bothered. Oh I see you managed with Asda :)

My prescription is here! Actually the online pharmacy ended up being really good and spent time chasing Royal Mail up and telling them it needed to be delivered no later than today. My neighbour took it from the van when it arrived as she was sitting outside. I was outside talking to her after she knocked to hand it over when I heard the phone. It was the pharmacy calling to check if I had it. I'm going to send them an email to ask if they can request my next one a few days earlier so that if the delivery is held up in the post it won't matter.

On an unrelated matter it smells like something has died in our house. Next door has been invaded by mice and the two neighbours on the other side of her have had rats in their attics. We have checked our attic and cupboards etc. in case we'd got them but haven't seen a sign. The smell is worrying us now though as we once had a rat die under our sofa (thanks to Inky cat bringing it home for us!) and the smell is, as far as we remember, very similar. Kinda like sweaty socks mixed with something else and far more pungent than your regular sweaty socks. Operation Find The Corpse will commence shortly.

Good news about your dad, griff.

Yantan, rats can die on awkward places, like in walls and under floorboards. They do smell awful.

When my dad was a headmaster there was a terrible smell in the infant room.The local authority investigated and found a rat corpse under the floorboards, The workmen said it was lucky it was found as it had hardly started to decompose and would have got a lot worse.

I have been to the doc this morning as I have serious sciatic pain. Phoned at 9 am and got appointment for 10.20am.

He has a warped sense of humour. I told him I was stiff all down my right side which made movement difficult and strained other muscles so I felt unbalanced.

He replied better being unbalanced then unhinged as some of us are. I tis difficult being unhinged , especially on a Friday morning.

He told me to take hot showers as hot as I could stand but stop if I came out in blisters.

I told him the last time I had it I had had a nice bath but then couldn't get out the bath as it was too painful. Jim was trying to help me out but as he had to do it from the side and I couldn't twist round without agonising pain it was very difficult. It took about 15 minutes for me to edge up and out. He let me out chuckling at the picture that conjured up.

We met a neighbour in town who mentioned she had been for a pre op assessment for a new knee. She said that when she consulted him about it in September he told her it was a 6 month waiting list to see a consultant. She had replied , 'what, my leg could have fallen off by then'. He replied ' well.problem solved!,

You do have to know how to take him.

We have a cloudy day with a breeze and occasional showers but it is still 16 degrees. We have had a sunny, dry week so can't complain.

• Like 1

Glad your dad is ok Griff..is this something you can go to the dr with, or wait for a consultant?

I sometimes get stuck in the bath blackmagic, what I do is let the water out then my husband climbs in the bath, stands in front of me and get hold under my arms and hauls me upright, usually with a lot of sniggering from him and puzzled looks from our cocker Candy, wondering what on earth these strange humans are doing now!

Yes, I let the water out and could get onto my knees but then couldn't push up as was too painful.

But I did feel good afterwards.

I always found a Radox bath after gardening stopped any stiff, sore muscle the next day.

My electric underblanket is fantastic for getting heat onto my back.

Took one the tablets GP gave me this morning and feel much easier. The list of possible side effects is frightening- you name it , it is on there. JIm's comment was 'is it worth taking them?'.

Oooh don't know where to start. We don't get supermarket deliveries either here or in Dunoon so can't complain about that lol. Except maybe the fact no one delivers to us. And you know that what ever delivery date you get given from any other company is always add at least one more day. And lots of companies won't deliver to us at all as we're 'Highlands and Islands' even though we're neither. Such fun.

Really pleased your Dad is ok Griff.

Hope you find the source of the the smell Yantan