UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Chatty Time X

Jazz

I tell you what confuses me with my tablets - they come in the same packaging for long enough that I get to recognise them by the colour and shape of the cartons and then the pharmacy switch to another maker. The cartons are similar to the old ones but they contain different medicaments. If I find it confusing and I mostly have my marbles still it must cause confusion for elderly folk whose eyesight/mental faculties are no longer 100%

Yantan , get yourself some of those coloured dot stickers, choose a colour for each medication and stick a chart on say the fridge with which colour is what tablet...when you get your new box of meds, read the name and stick the appropriate sticker on it straight away...problem solved! i had to do that for my nan when she had terminal cancer and got a little confused at night time

I'm not even confident that the tablets are the same strength from different makers, I definitely feel worse on levothyroxine from one particular manufacturer, so much so my GP put a note on to the pharmacy not to give me them.

Our old printer no longer could be used to scan or photocopy since Philip changed our computer...no drivers apparently..(?!) so he bought a new printer/scanner/copier yesterday. It can print from your phone anywhere in the house, so it seems. It's sitting here looking at me and I want to print some photographs and I swear it's smirking because I don't have a clue where to start!

I tell you what confuses me with my tablets - they come in the same packaging for long enough that I get to recognise them by the colour and shape of the cartons and then the pharmacy switch to another maker. The cartons are similar to the old ones but they contain different medicaments. If I find it confusing and I mostly have my marbles still it must cause confusion for elderly folk whose eyesight/mental faculties are no longer 100%

Will your pharmacy not make up a blister pack where the meds are already sorted as to what you take and when? We got this for my dad when his dementia first began and it also helped his carers to make sure he got the right meds at the right time of day. Not that I'm saying you have dementia (honest!) my sister also has this done for her as she has so many different tablets to take at various times of the day.

Eve they can't get my prescription right at the best of times so I'm not going to ask them to do that but thanks for the suggestion :flowers: As it is I have signed up with a postal service so I want to see how that goes. My first delivery is due next week.

Suzeanna I agree with you on the tablets possibly being different strengths from different makers. I've had a problem with one of mine whenever they are supplied from a particular manufacturer. I hope you figure your phone and printer out.

I have previously read others say that diffeernt makes of tablets were as effective. There was a case of one make of BP pills that were proved to be less effective.

Maybe the different fillers affect how the tablet is dispersed or absorbed.

I am not aware of a difference but, despite having high BP, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, low thyroid, I have not ever had symptoms of any of them. They were all detected from health checks.

When I was in hospital with high BP when pregnant they couldn't understand how I did not have any symptoms such as headaches etc. The girl in the next bed to me had high BP and had fairies dancing around the bottom of her bed.

At one point they got a new BP monitor to check the readings as they thought the one they were using must be faulty.

Another damp day here in the north but no wind for a pleasant change. I may even get some gardening done.

Well we had summer yesterday afternoon. It was really glorious but we've gone right into back end today.

Ruby is off to Dubrovnik tomorrow for a 4 night break so I have the house to myself. Well almost as Archie will be here too. It does also mean I am on dog walking duty on her usual days of Saturday and Sunday.

What's everyone having for lunch? I am about to go and make a smoked sausage salad.

Have I overslept and missed summer? it feels like October outside, and blooming freezing indoors too, I'll have to put the heating back on for when Philip comes home, too much of a shock to the system coming from heated offices otherwise! My son and oldest grandson are meant to be coming for a brief visit tomorrow, I hope they remember their jumpers, it's a lot colder here than on the south coast.

I keep reading about how upset the family and friends of that burglar who got killed are. Doesn't seem to occur to them that if he'd kept his hands off other people's property, he'd still be alive. The message from his father saying "you was too good to walk this earth" would be funny if it wasn't so worrying that they honestly seem to believe that! Morals? what morals?

• Like 1

Suzeanna, couldn't agree more, if he hadn't been where he was, doing what he was doing, he wouldn't have died there...I have always said hand on heart, if anything like that happens to my uncle and he deserved it not an issue with me, i can only hope that if he has children their mother will bring them up with a better attitude

• Like 1