UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Chatty Time X

Jazz

When my son was in his late teens he lived in his camper for six months! He could have come up to live with us, but his work was in the South and his dad had a new lady friend he didn't like, so he opted for the camper. He seemed very happy in it. We'd love one, but we just can't afford it unfortunately.

Jazz, be careful with that bite, they can turn nasty very easily.

Very chilly today, I was mowing the lawn and I had to go and find a jumper! I moved some big heavy plant pots the other day and it may have been a mistake, I seem to have opened up part of the incision under my arm. Oops! Good thing I get my follow up on Friday, they might have to reglue it or whatever.

Same here Suzeanna, got the grass cut but was wearing layers and kept taking off and putting on depending on what the sun/wind was doing. Hope you haven't done too much damage and your GP can do an easy repair

no, different one. I cant keep up myself lol this one was dumped in the pound. my friend cant get her tonight, going to be tomorrow

Hope you can keep her separated from Jerry tonight. Such a shame she has to go back but at least you've given her a proper assessment and fingers crossed they can find the right home for her.

We had a bit of a problem today. We were supposed to be going back to the UK on Thursday so started taking the dogs to the vets for their tapeworm tablet and pet passport stamp. Nick went first and we found out his passport was out of date! Most rabies vaccines are valid for 3 years but unfortunately our vet in Dunoon had used one that is only valid for one year and it had expired. We never even thought to check his passport on our way over here as it's not needed to come into France, just back to the UK, and every other dog we've had a passport for has had the 3 year vaccine. Our French vet gave him a rabies jab today but you can't travel back to the UK for 3 weeks after so we're stuck here till mid-May. Not too much of a problem as it's our cottage but would have been panic stations if we'd been in a holiday let and had to try and find somewhere else to stay. Good job Richard can work from home and I happily got early retirement a few years back.Wouldn't have liked to try and explain that one to my ex-boss who wasn't a doggy person.

OMG Eve!!! Thank goodness you own the place!!

Suzeanna, I too hope you haven't injured yourself too much, I popped my biopsy wound site open walking the dog but I just left it heal as it was only 2stitches

I have just been to dog training for the last time I think, dad's getting a bit annoyed taking me, neither work Mondays anymore so they will be away more and also I have said I will help Steve with his nvq

Eve that could have been disastrous and very costly if you didn't own your own place.

Aw Griff it's a shame you are going to have give the dog training up. If I lived near you I'd take you.

My ankle injury from NYC started hurting last night and it's throbbing away today. I think it's the weather as we've gone from some pretty warm temps to rather chilly ones.

Ruby is away in London overnight with work. She is glad to take be able to take a break from her bedroom. Yesterday we thought the smell was dissipating a bit but then this morning it's as strong as ever. Talking to friends and colleagues it's amazing how many people have experienced this very same thing.

ok, killer yorkie has gone

13 yr old shih Tzu is actually 10. got conjunctivitis but ok otherwise

mouse needs the lump on her side and back dew claws off, so that's being done next week.

no idea how many dogs need feeding later lol

Stood in the rain waiting for my cousin who is once again later!! Won't be meeting for a long time! I am frozen and wet

Oh no Jazz... hopefully the lady will answer the door

Marion...I found the smell got worse then went quickly, only problem is you don't just have 1ratty or mouse usually and if the neighbour has used poison might be a couple of them

Griff that's what we were wondering. I hate this. My nose is far too sensitive. So is Archie's. He walked into Ruby's room the other day sniffed the air and then had a real "eeewwwwww" look on his face before turning quickly and hot footing it out of there. He usually spends a good part of the day sleeping on my bed but he's stuck to his sofa down here since the pong started. It is cold today isn't it. I hope you soon get a nice warm up.

morning all

hope you are all ok and your not stuck under the floorboards xx

I'm off to Essex's mecca for shopping, lakeside, with lewis and his girlfriend, they have been together years but ive only met her twice. this should be 'interesting'

Giant African land snail on the move this morning, after sealing itself in shell for winter. Even with heat mat, not warm enough to keep it happy so it just shut up shop. Been sealed in for over 5 months! Managed to move about 4 inches but very lethargic. I gave it a warm bath and left it a piece of courgette. Hope it finds strength to eat.

• Like 1

Glad the shopping went well Jazz, how did it go with the girlfriend?

How is the snail today Owl? Hope it's managed to eat by now.

Has the smell got any less yet Yantan? Fingers crossed it's only one critter and it all clears up soon.

Hope everyone is well

Eve no the smell hasn't improved :( We have some Neutradol gel things in Ruby's room and are using Oust odour eliminator spray plus our usual oil burner is on daily down here. A stain has appeared on Ruby's ceiling but we cannot get to the point in the attic to look. There is no smell in the attic however. We were seriously thinking of removing ourselves and Archie to a hotel for a few nights but decided against as we know Archie wouldn't like it.

I've just ordered Archie a support harness as he struggles to walk up hills and inclines and it's kinda hard to find somewhere flat to walk him here. I've just got a cheapie to see if he will take to it and if it really helps. All the same it's got mostly 4 and 5 star ratings on Amazon.

Owl I do hope your snail will be OK.

Jazz good to hear your shopping trip went OK :)

It's back to bloody winter here. It's so cold, not to mention very overcast and windy. Never mind, there's supposedly some much better weather due in May.