UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Fireside Chat

Yantan

I just use the fast reply box so don't see anything else lol

My dads birthday today so will be off to get him a few beers shortly, was going to wear a dress but quite frankly...it's too damn cold lol, gone for a pair of sky high heels, skinny jeans and cold shoulder jumper.....will be adding a massive coat and a hat too

MOT tomorrow. Took car to car wash today as it was coated in mud. Forgot how smart it looks when clean.

That sounds like our car. The trouble is by the time we get home it is mucky again. The roads a re filthy and the lorries splash up the dirt over the car. Roll on some dry weather.

Damp and raw today but snow all around us so we are lucky.

MOT failed. I asked them to check if any damage done by our accident, as was unhappy about steering. Would just have been a gaiter needed on a steering joint, but thanks to the prang caused by Eleanor, a lot of steering parts need replacing. Extra 400 on the bill, thanks Eleanor, but at least it is repairable and we are both alive. Parts arrive tomorrow, work being done Weds.

Jazz, you put me to shame. There am I feeling proud that I now wear size 18 jeans not 20.

There's no chance of my kecks falling down!

We met every bloody idiot out on the road this morning. Is it me or have driving standards fallen a lot over the last few years?

Ouch Owl but at least it will be done and safe to drive. I think the last service and MOT on my Volvo estate cost me more than the car was worth but dawg I loved that car.

I need to go and clean the bathroom but really don't want to. I hate cleaning.

have you got the old style Volvo? I love them. I even dream about owning one

ive been through the whole bag of size 12s, all drop off. so nothing to wear, literally

ive filled a second black bag of stuff for the charity shop.

Edited by Jazz

Jazz, get yourself some jeggings. They are quite thick so you won't be displaying the colour of your undies, stretchy so if you put a bit more weight on they'll still fit.

Our car is due it's MOT in February, there is something a bit weird going on with the brakes, so no doubt that will cost more than we're hoping. I agree about the driving standards Yantan, definitely worse!

I had a cough before and over xmas and the damn thing has come back with a vengeance, it's keeping me awake half the night and making me nearly sick during the day. People who've had it say it can last a month. Oh nice.

Jazz my old Volvo was sold a long time ago. I now have a little Panda just for Archie and me.

Suzeanna my sis-in-law had that cough thing starting on Boxing day and all over new year. It really knocked her off her feet and she ended up having to visit a hospital for treatment. I hope you are soon able to give yours the boot :flowers:

It's bitterly cold outside today with a keen wind a-blowing. We've had no snow, just an odd hail shower now and again,

I must confess it's making me feel absolutely shattered, I vacuumed downstairs and collapsed on the settee, I felt as if I'd run a marathon (well, I imagine..I never have.) I'm supposed to avoid infections because I'm on chemotherapy, how exactly when my husband works in an office where someone always has something I really don't know. I'm meant to be going to the lymphedema clinic on Monday but if I'm still coughing I won't go, it's in the local hospice, last thing I want to do is spread that around in there, they are on borrowed time as it is.