UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Fireside Chat

Yantan

Happy New Year everyone.

We were at our community hall to celebrate the arrival of 2018. It is an old fashioned New Year with drink, food, music and great company. After the bells everyone gos round wishing everyone else a Happy New year with handshakes, hugs and kisses on the cheek.

One man said to me 'I don't know who you are but it doesn't matter.' The one night in the year when it doesn't.

No fireworks.

We left at 1am but it would go on for a while after that.

A quiet day today to recover.

• Like 1

Happy New Year everyone! We watched the fireworks from London on tv, only a few round here but Candy doesn't bother about them anyway, thank goodness.

Hope we can all get through this year with no health scares, financial disasters or similar calamities!

We had a very bracing dunes and beach walk this morning with a wonderful blue sky. We decided to visit the north side of the island for a further beach walk. By the time we got there the day had changed drastically and the skies were black. However we got a nice little walk on a sheltered beach and arrived back at the car just as the heavens opened. This is our last day, home tomorrow.

Black magic that sounds a really nice way to spend NY's eve.

It's great isn't it Griff :laughingsmiley:

I was once out rounding some semi-feral cats & kittens up to come into rescue. I asked a nice lady if I could use her back garden to access the redundant farm building where they were holed up. She was very happy to let me and later asked me into the house for a warm-up and a cuppa. She said "I'll just bring Squirt through to see you if that's OK? He's my dog and likes to be in on everything". Of course that was more than OK with me and I waited to meet the little dog. The next thing the biggest dog I've ever encountered bounded in - an Irish Wolfhound - and as I was sitting he towered over me. He was lovely and gently if a bit of a klutz. He can't even have been a little squirt as a puppy!

• Like 1