UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Fireside Chat

Yantan

He's not quite himself yet, still a little wobbly but his appetite is good and he's had 4 small trays of wet food since he came home including breakfast today. I'm debating whether or not to take him for a short walk in the park or just let him have a runaround in the back lane.

Owl he had the dental which included taking the roots out of a broken tooth and the biopsy on the gum growth. That took the vet by surprise as it was bigger and more solid than he'd expected. It started off as a kind of skin tag, which was loose and malleable when we first noticed it and got it checked about 2 years ago. Now it's a hard lump which has grown around one of his big teeth at the back of his mouth. Just really hoping it turns out to benign and is safe to leave alone. If its not excising it could mean taking some of his jaw bone but at the moment we would not be inclined to put him through that.

OK he's letting me know that he would like a little walk so I am going to put him in the car and take him to the park.

I hope everyone and their pets are in good fettle.

I hope he enjoys his walk...if the lump turns out not to be benign, personally at his age unless it's causing him pain I'd leave it, having part of his jaw removed would be a big deal for an older boy. Hopefully it will be fine and once he's got over the anaesthetic completely he'll feel much better for having that broken tooth out.

I go back to the breast clinic next Tuesday for a routine checkup, I'm hoping they can reassure me that the pain I've got in my side and back on the same side as the cancer was is nothing to worry about. Candy is fine in herself, but I do wish I knew what her past history is, she hates being brushed. Just the sight of a brush and she tries to hide and when I start to brush her she shakes like a leaf, especially when I get to her legs. Once the ordeal is over she goes potty, rushing around the place like a mad thing. I can only assume she's been hit with a brush, or someone has tried to comb taffles out and hurt her as she was desperately in need of a haircut when we got her.

Poor Candy! I hope the appointment goes well Suzeanna and the pain is not anything to worry about :flowers:

Archie has had his walk. I wasn't going to go right round the park but he was enjoying himself so we did. He did a big girl wee as his back legs are still wobbly but by the time we got back to the car he was able to jump in by himself. He's not done that in a long time. The fresh air and exercise must have helped blow the last effects of the anaesthesia away and given him an extra hop to his step. He also jumped up onto his sofa really well when we got back.

Suzeanna, Murphy is exactly he same and I have had him since he was 12 weeks old. He has never liked being groomed. I get a handful of treats and out them on the table where he can see them. then I groom a bit and give a treat, groom a bit and give a treat until it is done. Being neutered and old his coat is now 'orrible. It is like an old wooly cardy that had gone wrong on the wash.

i used to trim him up myself but the coat is so thick and the dead hair is wiry and doesn't come out with just combing that I don't know where to start now. I take him to the groomers every 12 weeks. I found one who only takes one families dogs in at a time and she is really good with the dogs.

He comes out looking years younger and half the size.

I did get a brush in Pets at Home which said it was for dogs who didn't like being brushed. It has rounded prongs. He likes that so his reward for putting up with being combed it to get brushed afterwards.

Bribery gets you anything with Murphy.

Cleo is the opposite. She loves getting groomed and can't get enough. She pushes in when I am combing Murphy.

Poor Archie, the after effects of an anaesthetic are not nice. I hope you get good news about his lump.

Good luck at the hospital, Suzeaana. Jim is getting regular scans as there are three pinpoints on his lungs but they don't know what they are. It is an anxious time waiting for the results.

Suzeanna...i hope that things have stayed the same for you and i hope the pain is just from severed nerves or something

Blackmagic, likewise i hope your husband is o.k too

Been to the hospital myself today, gave me a new consultant...really nice fella and listened to what i had to say, talked to me and not at me and i now have to see him every 3 months..i was every 6 months and before that i was every 12 months...good job i like him i guess Lol, that's my head consultant, ent , heart and urology i like just have to keep dodging the chest fella Lol

• Like 1

i think so Suzeanna, my bloods were a bit off before and i have "the rash" appearing in places but except for being very tired and pale i am doing o.k i think

Ahhh the joys of puppies Lol i will only ever have one in summer now, house training in winter...ewwww no thanks Lol

That's great news on your new consultant Griff. It does make a difference if you have medics that know how to human.

Archie went off with the DW and the pack this morning and enjoyed his walk. The DW business has really taken off for the head lady. She's taken on another walker so she now has 5 employees and we can book and cancel online now. It just shows what you can do if you give a reliable service and have a bit of nous to push a business along.

I hope you all have the same lovely blue sky we have. It makes such a difference.

Jazz have you any photos of Luna? I'd love to see her.