UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Fireside Chat

Yantan

Owl, that's why my Facebook is very limited! I'm past the age (some people might say I was never at it!) of being diplomatic when dealing with idiots, I speak my mind and if I was on a public forum thingy, it could get me in bother.

In one way I'd like to foster another dog, but to be honest, Candy has spoilt us. She's the nearest to perfect dog we've ever had, and that's saying something...if we had one which didn't travel well, or was too yappy or something it would seem twice as bad compared to her, so I'm not risking it. Assuming I outlive her, which is doubtful, we'll probably foster for the Oldies Club if we can both walk!

After Archie's day we have decided to be dog free for a while so we can do a bit of travelling without worrying about leaving a dog. I do think we may have to have a dog in retirement to help keep us fit and get us out. However it then bothers me that the dog would outlive us and what would happen then, even if we were able to make arrangements for him or her to be rehomed. George would not have thrived without me and his routine, although I think Archie would have been fine when he was younger but not now. I've thought about fostering but as Ruby says "first one in won't move on. I'll put money on that". Also a big consideration is if we could afford a dog in retirement as we will have a lot less money than we do now. If we were incapable of giving a fit dog the proper amount of exercise I don't think we'd be able to pay a dog walker on a daily basis long term. Well we can only wait and see how things go I guess. Getting old is a bitch.