UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Fireside Chat

Yantan

My car got blown off a narrow lane while dodging a fallen branch. Tipped over into blackthorn hedge which stopped us from rolling. Eventually hauled out by friends with van. Wispa not perturbed, slept and snored while we were waiting for help even though we were stuck at an angle. Clear off, Eleanor!

Jeepers Owl. I hope you are OK, any damage to the car?

It's not too bad a day here today. No rain at least and it's a bit brighter. Archie has gone off with the DW, no coat or fleece necessary.

It's supposed to be getting rather colder over the weekend.

Nasty shock for you Owl, bet you didn't stay as calm as Wispa! Hope the car isn't damaged..or at least not badly.

It's rained constantly this morning, and now there's snow mixed in with it. Weather man said we would have a mainly dry day...ha bloody ha! I was meant to go for a repeat blood test at 1.50 but I've cancelled it, I can't find my umbrella and I'm cold enough in the house without having to go out and wait for a bus which will no doubt be late, then sit in a waiting room with umpteen people trying to bring up their lungs! Apparently my kidney function was borderline on the previous blood test, but I've been drinking plenty of water and having checked out the symptoms of kidney problems, I haven't got them so I think they were being too cautious. I go back to haemo in February anyway and they do a full blood test so I'll soon find out if there is anything.

Definitely a good day to stay at home, suzeanna.

We are ok thanks. Wispa was protected by thick padded raincoat and Julius harness, I have bruised shoulder and strained my arms trying to get control of car. No damage to car as far as I can see except a few scratches. I feel unwell but this is because I am fighting a bug. The aches may be from that rather than from yesterday's incident. Staying home today as weather cold and wet.

I did stay calm as at times like that I find a logical solution and postpone the panic until later. Works for me but means I get stressed later.

Have you any Epsom salts or Radox in the house Owl? A nice hot bath with those in may help your aches, whether caused by the bug or the accident. That's one thing I really miss..a hot bath. When you have lymphedema you are only meant to have warm baths and showers and it's just not the same on a cold evening.