UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Octobers Original Orations

snow

I think it's normal for a baby to lose a bit before they start to gain, but I suppose if he's very small to start with, it's more of a worry. Hope all will be well, must be worrying for them. I know my daughter in law had the health visitors round daily to check her twins.

Varifocals usually have a 30 day trial period Owl as some patients can't tolerate them. I'd try for a bit longer, then go back to your optician. Your optician will be able to send the lenses back to the lab for credit as you are a first time wearer (and don't let them fob you off - all labs do this!)

• Like 1

Owl it took me AGES to get used to my varifocals but I did and I like them now. At first I would go dizzy when I looked down and then back up, I tripped over things because I would look down and things would be fuzzy. I persevered, because I was unaware of the info Jayne has given above, and I adjusted to the lenses. I hope, whichever way you chose to go with them, that you get sorted with them to your satisfaction :flowers:

Thank you so much Jayne, that has really cheered me up. I thought it was ££s down the drain, and I really love the frames. They are kind of useful in the house when I alternate between reading stuff like cooking instructions and looking across the room. Also good while eating, which normally I take my distance glasses off for. And checking on the tropical fish. If the lenses dont' work out I will have them as an extra pair of distance glasses.

The manager saw me herself, and knows about the dyspraxia issue.

Hello all, just got a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a card from Steve for my birthday...he is taking me out next time he is off 2days together. I am really touched as he is embaressed by his writing as he only learnt to write 7years ago...best birthday gift ever