UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Jawing

Jazz

Owl, i think it is lovely that the little lad talks to wispa...must be nice for him to have someone who "understands" him, animals are very very smart

I am pleased with the result, yes it won't be easy to begin with but we survived before and we will again, i didn't watch the results so when i put the tv on this morning it was a surprise

I was showing my age by calling the EU the EEC wasn't I? I'm blaming lack of sleep and that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

It's raining here so the windows aren't getting painted today after all. It was like the bloomin' Med here yesterday too. Such a turnaround.

Archie's gone up Whinlatter with the DW. He has paint on the tip of his tail :rolleyes:

Edited because of a numpty moment.

Edited by Yantan

just found out my mates stepdad has died....such a lovely fella with so many demons, saved 3 of us from getting a real kickin when we were kids, something i will never forget or the fact that he was chatting me up last year Lol...cheeky devil!

Not telling anyone what I voted. So there!

Have had a long chat with mum of high speed toddler, and realise she has a harder task than most. I thought her boy was a very tall 3 year old. Turns out he is only 2. He is the size of most 4 yr olds. Apparently she gets told off by complete strangers for taking him out in the buggy instead of walking with him. He is also a late talker, not uncommon with boys, but he has his own language and gets frustrated and upset when people don't understand him. He is clearly very bright, and uses signs to explain. He is having speech therapy to help him. I now understand why he likes having long conversations with Wispa through the fence. She sits and listens to him, and he probably thinks she understands everything he says. She probably does because she is watching his body language. Sometimes she talks back, and he makes dog noises back at her. It's sweet.

My nephew was also big for his age and was judged by people who assumed a 2year old was a 4year old.

one of my son's pre school nursery class was like a child on speed. He would switch off the lights in classroom, try to runaway and generally do anything to disrupt things. He needed one to one supervision.

His mother could not let him out the house to play in the garden. She had to keep the doors locked as he ran off down the road. She did end up in the psychiatric hospital due to his behaviour.

He did eventually settle down but it took a long time and a lot of professional help.

He had a younger brother who was the opposite of him.

I am surprised by Brexit but excited to see how it all pans out. Now other EU countries are talking about having their own votes to leave

Now we will have Nicola campaigning for another referendum as she wants Scotland to be in the EU.

• Like 1

Just because the Scottish people voted to remain in the EU, doesn't mean they will necessarily change their minds on whether they want to be part of GB or not.

I for one am delighted with the result. Yes it's scary and there will be some short term pain for long term gain. I am glad for future generations that they will be able to live in an independent Britain. I'm proud of the British people for taking a stand despite all the scaremongering.

gb02.gif

• Like 4

I'm not old enough to have had a say when we went in & yet old enough that I didn't expect to get another after chance after yesterday to offer a view if it went for remain. I thought it would be close, had a vague feeling it may narrowly go in Camerons favour but knew he'd go one way or another if it didn't. Whilst not his biggest fan I fear he's probably the best they have on offer, God help us all if Boris the buffon ends up running the Country & I'm no fan of Gove, May or Osbourne either. - but I still voted out. For me it should be a trading relationship - and I expect that to continue given that we buy more from them than we sell them - but not a case of being Governed by people we have no contact with & can't ever vote out or repeatedly baling out failing Eurozone countries when we aren't even in the Euro. We could spend that money on schools & hospitals. Whilst I have no problem with reasonable immigration levels we do also need to get them back under control - we aren't funding schools & hospitals & probably can't enough to cope with mass & increasing migration as the EU expands further.

The pound had dipped but so what? The markets always panic - in 2008 the pound dipped - but before long everything reverts to normal again so I don't think it's as bad as they would have us believe

• Like 2

I'm sure things will stabilise, hopefully fairly quickly. I can't agree with your opinion of Boris though...I think he's a very sharp cookie, deliberately giving the impression of being otherwise. I was reading his sister's account of their childhood, they certainly were encouraged to stand on their own two feet pretty young. He's cleverer than Cameron and as for various comments about his hairstyle..did you see his dad on tv? The apple didn't fall far from the tree there! Interested to see some Labour MP's have tabled a vote of no confidence in Corbyn, could be all change in both parties.

I'm rather disturbed by the vitriol being poured out on Facebook by people who voted Remain against those who didn't. Apparently we are a bunch of f***ing idiots, morons, losers, ignorant and those are the nice descriptions. Certainly made me look at a few people I know in a different light, didn't realise that under a pleasant façade festered someone like that. My husband will be severing one friendship after reading what was posted by someone he considered he knew well.

• Like 4

They've just made a breakthrough in the treatment of one form of MS Suzeanna. My mum had it. MS I mean not the new treatment. Can't you tell I was up all night!

I've changed my mind on Boris too. I thought he was pretty erudite during the leave campaign and saw there was indeed more to him than the buffoon character.

Our new dining room set was delivered last night at 7pm. We've just unwrapped it though as we were waiting for a local charity, who provide furniture to folk who don't have any or can't afford to buy replacements, to come and take the old one away. They landed this afternoon so we are now going to be having our tea in the dining room instead of on trays in front of the telly in the living room. Just for tonight though! Then back to our usual slobby ways :rolleyes:

I'm sure things will stabilise, hopefully fairly quickly. I can't agree with your opinion of Boris though...I think he's a very sharp cookie, deliberately giving the impression of being otherwise. I was reading his sister's account of their childhood, they certainly were encouraged to stand on their own two feet pretty young. He's cleverer than Cameron and as for various comments about his hairstyle..did you see his dad on tv? The apple didn't fall far from the tree there! Interested to see some Labour MP's have tabled a vote of no confidence in Corbyn, could be all change in both parties.

I'm rather disturbed by the vitriol being poured out on Facebook by people who voted Remain against those who didn't. Apparently we are a bunch of f***ing idiots, morons, losers, ignorant and those are the nice descriptions. Certainly made me look at a few people I know in a different light, didn't realise that under a pleasant façade festered someone like that. My husband will be severing one friendship after reading what was posted by someone he considered he knew well.

I have had no option but to unfriend a couple of people today - to say I have been profoundly shocked by the level of sheer hatred in some of the comments I have read by people who voted to remain is an understatement. Thankfully those I unfriended were friends of friends that had kinda tagged along rather than genuine friends of mine but I cannot remember anything like the level of venom on my wall today.

• Like 1

Was amused to see the newspaper headlines this morning. All except the Daily Express were celebrating the remain win. Obviously, they went to press before the result was known and jumped the gun.

Obama has changed his tune. He warned that UK would have to go the back of the queue for trade deals with USA and take years to get anything. Now he os saying UK and EU will remain indispensible partners of the United States.

Nicola is already planning an independence referendum She will get a slap in the face if the vote goes against independence.

Anyway, Scotland comes out as part of the UK - then would have to get independence and function as a separate country- then fulfill the requirements to join the EU. What will the EU be like by then? It will not be the same as now. Contributions and subsidies will have to be negotiated from scratch. A lot of water will run under the bridge before all that happens.

AS for now, the quicker the media stop stirring things up the better and let everything settle down.

No matter what side you are on Democracy has spoken.

• Like 2

The unknown is always Scary , we will get used to things. I want to say a huge thanks to Suzeanna for letting me whinge about Steve, I have seen him today and he has asked me for a drink.....left him my number so will have to wait to see if he uses it

• Like 1

No matter what side you are on Democracy has spoken.

Thats how I feel , I personally voted to remain but I respect that more people wanted to leave and thats democracy

you can't generalise about 17 million people , there has been mis information and misdirection on both sides , good and bad reasons for people making the decisions they have, like most of you I have seen very rude messages from both people on both sides attacking each other and we have all seen very bigoted views from some people who were totally focused on immigration and I am sure rational people on both sides find those extreme views very worrying

• Like 1