UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Jawing

Jazz

Tumble dryer man arrived at 9.45 :rolleyes: :laugh: He was due between 7.15 and 9.54. He's just left now :) Can't wait to get the washing dried properly now :laugh:

Neck is feeling a bit better today, but I now have an upset tummy - one of my patients last week said she had a gastric bug. Am wondering if she has passed that on to me?

That's annoying Jayne..not that he came but that it was so late, no doubt you were up early! I suppose if your patient wasn't so good on personal hygiene after using a loo, and you touched what she's touched, you could have picked something up from her.

Sorry you slept badly again Griff, I was awake for about an hour around 2 but then went back off until OH's alarm went at 5.30, after he left for work I went back to sleep until 8.45! If Steve is messing about, sounds as if you ought to give him a wide berth, you have enough complications in your life with your health problems without adding another one! Hope the bathroom stuff soon gets sorted. We chose and paid for a sofa ten weeks ago this Sunday which supposedly had a 6/8 weeks delivery time, no signs of it yet. Good job we didn't want it for a specific date.

How is it June?? :confused02:

Alex my super dooper barginous office chair came via ebay I'm afraid still find it hard to believe I got a 2k office chair for £30 and I am still loving it - its in daily use for lots of hours a day comfiest pc chair I have ever had! Its worth having a look for collection only office chairs local to you as thats how I got my hands on this one - most people don't want to collect and a lot of people can't be faffed with sending stuff by courier so its still possible to nab a real bargain if you can collect and transport it.

Had I not stumbled across that baragin though I would have probably gone for a Goliath or Titan - I did a LOT of research when looking for a new chair, both those are rated for someone a lot heavier than me (the one I am sitting on is rated for up to 32 stone!) and the reason I looked for a heavy duty chair was I was fed up to the back teeth of chairs ending up useless and needing to be replaced purely because the gas lift thing stopped working and I figured the heavy duty ones would have better gas lifts and that seems to have been proved true with the one I have at least.

• Like 1

Jayne... i too have an upset tum this morning...not sure if it is because i didn't eat properly yesterday or not. I don't know why people attend appointments when they have a gippy tummy...o.k Drs appointment for the said problem but if you suspect you have a had a gastric bug...why risk making other sick?

Oh dear Suzeanna, i do hope they give you an update on the sofa soon, at least you hadn't got rid of your other one Lol

As for Steve...i just don't know

How is it June?? :confused02:

Alex my super dooper barginous office chair came via ebay I'm afraid still find it hard to believe I got a 2k office chair for £30 and I am still loving it - its in daily use for lots of hours a day comfiest pc chair I have ever had! Its worth having a look for collection only office chairs local to you as thats how I got my hands on this one - most people don't want to collect and a lot of people can't be faffed with sending stuff by courier so its still possible to nab a real bargain if you can collect and transport it.

Had I not stumbled across that baragin though I would have probably gone for a Goliath or Titan - I did a LOT of research when looking for a new chair, both those are rated for someone a lot heavier than me (the one I am sitting on is rated for up to 32 stone!) and the reason I looked for a heavy duty chair was I was fed up to the back teeth of chairs ending up useless and needing to be replaced purely because the gas lift thing stopped working and I figured the heavy duty ones would have better gas lifts and that seems to have been proved true with the one I have at least.

It was me that was asking Snow. Thank you for the info! That's very helpful. I'm also sick of going through chairs because the gas lift fails.

It's blummin humid here today and very grey and overcast.

Suzeanna speaks sense Griff although I don't think you are one for going overboard over a chap anyway.

When the patient told me she had been suffering with a gastric bug, I made a point of telling her that I hope she didn't give it to me. I don't understand why people come to appointments when they are full of germs either.

Just got home from the farm, my tummy is making all kinds of gurgley noises :unsure: just going to keep drinking water and have some dry toast I think.

Oh for goodness sake Jayne what a silly woman to turn up for her appt with a gastric bug, especially when you have to lean in so close during the eye test.

I've just had some Geordie fish sellers at the door selling fish out of a dodgy looking van. I asked them what part of the signs I have on the garden gate and front door stating no cold callers etc. they didn't understand. The cheeky buggers just carried on trying to persuade me to buy "some nice fresh fish" for the freezer. I told him that we are 30 minutes away from the coast and if I was interested in buying fresh fish, which I am not, I'd buy it from a local supplier thankyouverymuch. Archie was barking at them and they looked a bit scared of him and then asked if he bites so I said "yes but only at my command and you have 10 seconds to make it through the gate before I set him on you". I've never seen anyone move so fast!

• Like 2

Hahahahaha Well done Yantan!!! good boy Archie too.

Jayne.... it is like when i sit there and people know i have no immune system but still cough and splutter over me...despite knowing it will land me in hospital

Jazz, hope your tummy is better soon

Ahhhh you see, i might have a hard exterior but i am a real softy when it comes to a fella i like.....just proper shy and after last time..eeekk scares the life out of me!

Good on Archie! Still remember when we had the dobes and a very pushy big irish guy was trying to get me to agree to having our drive tarmaced. He tried to put his foot in the door until I backed up and opened the sitting room door then he left at some speed! The two bitches wouldn't have bitten him but the male definitely would have.

• Like 2

hahahaha, no offence to anyone Irish...i am half irish myself but we had a gippo type geezer turn up and he was telling me how lovelyi kept my house and could he relay my path...errr no it is fine, nice and level and stable thanks, then it was he wanted to give my roof a coating of something to make my roof waterproof...errrmmm it kind of already is Lol