UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Jawing

Jazz

I got half way round the walk with Rosie when the heavens opened..no brolly, coat without a hood on, so we both were drenched. The fresh air did clear my head though, I've been painting the skirting boards this morning and although I had the windows open the fumes were giving me a headache. You'd have all died laughing at me..I'd pulled the bed and bedside chests of drawers out far enough to get behind them, but with my weird knee I can't kneel or crouch so I had to sit down. I put the paint pot in front of me on some paper and sort of shuffled along painting as I went. When I got to the end of the skirting behind the bed I realised I didn't have enough room to turn..I can't stand up from the floor, I have to be able to get on one knee and haul myself up. So, back I went on my bum (hoping the friction might reduce some weight!), until I had room to get up then I had to do the whole rigmarole again on the other skirters. I managed to get them all done, and the door frame but if it's not perfect, then OH can do it himself, I've had enough! It didn't help that a plug was underneath something..prongs up...and I trod on it with bare feet. Good job I was alone, my language wasn't exactly ladylike. :D

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 1

Afternoon all :)

Decided to try hot yoga this morning. OMG. I thought I was going to die :laugh: The hot yoga classes are usually 60 minutes. Sunday morning is 75 minutes. I have never sweated so much in my whole entire life :unsure: I really enjoyed it though - going to try and fit in a class on my day off when I get back from my holiday. Can't do it this week as I'm getting my eyebrows done at the same time as the class.

Its all about priorities :thumbsup_anim:

Its all about priorities :thumbsup_anim:

you are a wise man!!!

Hahahaha Suzeanna, i shouldn't laugh at you but that is funny

got my blood test done, went to fetch my sealant and a load of plumbing bits, didn't get soaked!!! for once in my life something went right

A girl can't go around with scruffy eyebrows (and more importantly, my moustache needs getting rid of :laugh: ) I can get to hot yoga next week - I forgot I'm off on Tuesday next week, so I can go then - sweat out all the booze that shall be consumed at my brother's wedding the day before :laugh:

Glad you didn't get wet Griff - it was chucking it down this morning, but it has cleared up and the sun is out now :)

Glad you stayed dry, Griff, hope the blood test has good results. I had one last week for my haemo clinic on Friday, my platelet count has gone up a bit, but not enough to need the medication increased.

Sun is out here now but there are still black clouds about, so I don't think it will last. My meal planning went rather wrong, less in the freezer than I thought there was, so it'll have to be a Chinese takeaway for tonight. How will I survive, not having to cook? :cheff:

I had Chinese last night - by the time I had got back from mum and dad's, I couldn't be bothered cooking, so I had a Chinese. Prawn crackers only come in one portion size. Me being a greedy cow ate them all :laugh: Think I earned it though after yesterday's exercise marathon :unsure:

Back at the gym tonight to practice my lifting. Have signed up to do a comp this weekend - it's just the clean and jerk (which is my better lift), I know I won't win, but aiming to lift 40kg for my final lift, which is my PB at the moment.

• Like 1

Jayne, best of luck for the weekend. Lol...you are right, a girl does need to look their best....you never know who you will meet!

Suzeanna, poor you...fancy having to suffer a takeaway, however will you survive??

My platelets are up in the late 400,s at the moment, it is the anaemia that is bothering my gp, still waiting for a call back from the hospital about it from a month ago...that isn't going to happen lol

Righyho...footies on!!!!!

Thanks Griff. Mum and dad wanted to come and watch, but I don't want anyone there watching me at my first one. My coach and friends who are competing I'm ok with, but not happy to have family there just yet. I'll get someone to video my lifts and stick them on Facebook for them to watch!

To our dismay we found the Chinese we use was shut...normally open on Mondays so they must be on holiday. Thankfully there is a Marston pub which does 2 4 10 during the week less than ten minutes drive away, so we ended up there!

Going to be a looong day. We've chucked out our 15 year old three seater settee at last, it's the survivor of a 3 seat, 2 seat and recliner chair...the other two went some while back. New settee is being delivered today, but with typical British efficiency they can't give me a time, just "between 7am and 6pm." So I can't even take Rosie for a walk, cos you can bet your life they'll turn up whilst I'm out. Is it really so hard to plan routes and let customers have at least an idea of morning or afternoon?

Edited by suzeanna

That is rubbish Suzeanna. Whenever I have had to wait in, they have given me a day that I had to keep free, then the day before they text me a 3 hour window that they are coming in. Hope they come sooner rather than later!

2 for £10 sounds even better than Chinese - no washing up to do :wink:

Gooster, completely understand you wanting to do your first one on your own....i reckon you will be awesome!!!

Oh well Suzeanna, at least you managed to get some food, our chineses here usually shut on a tuesday...city wide, there is one near who is open 7 days and the one up the road shuts on a tuesday and the one up the road closes on a monday to pic up the tuesday trade...but it is vile since it changed hands. I hope they will drop you a message today to say they will be there roughly around a time so at least you know you can go to the loo and not rush!! lol

Mum has got me in at the drs, something strange is going on, they are taking your details and call you back...you can't request which Dr either....no good to me as the other Drs don't know anything about me and only want to send me to the hospital...i know when i need the hospital and when i don't, i am not going to be sent to the hospital for a sore throat!!!

When you ring our surgery now, the receptionists ask you what the problem is...I don't like to have to give details to someone who isn't medically trained, and isn't bound by patient confidentiality. Who knows what they gossip about? It never used to be like that, you just got your appointment and told the GP.