UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Jawing

Jazz

Suzeanna I think the idea behind the receptionist asking what for details is to try and wheedle out the time wasters but I agree with you - they are not medically trained and can't be making decisions about whether or not someone is really ill. If I were you I'd write to the practice and let them know you are not happy with this. My GP's receptionists don't ask but if you book online you have to fill a box in saying why you want the appointment. I usually write something like "follow up appt." or "need to see dr about illness" :D

Good luck with your first comp Jayne :flowers:

Yes, good luck Jayne.

There is a comments/suggestion box in the waiting room, think I'll say something.

I checked on the website about our settee, if they are to be believed, they phone you an hour before delivery. I took a chance and took Rosie out, only for a short walk as she was puffing a lot as it's already warm and she does have a bit of a problem with her heart.

Some delivery firms are better than others at letting you know when they are coming. DPD are great because you can follow your delivery driver round on his/her route online. Yodel have a better facility now than they used too. They'll give you an hour delivery slot. Hermes are about the worst in terms of letting you know a time. I am waiting for something to come from them today and all I know is 8am - 8pm. I chanced it & took Archie out before it got too warm as my neighbour is home and I knew she would take the parcel in for me.

I must say I am impressed with Argos this week. I ordered a kitchen stool from them on Sunday afternoon and opted to pay the £3.95 delivery charge as otherwise I'd have to drive to Penrith to pick it up so that was a no-brainer. However when I went through the checkout I got the message that it was free delivery and was also given the option to pick a delivery day. I was surprised to see the following day, Monday, listed but I opted for that anyway. The stool arrived at 10.30 Monday morning. What great service. And the stool was much better than expected too!

Aarrgghhh. Just paid for two postage labels online and my printer is kaput! I've sent them to Ruby at work and asked her if she could print them for me.

One is Evie's dresses and tuther is for Owl. I meant to get them in the post yesterday and then couldn't find suitable packaging so had to go and buy some. Usually I have loads of recycled jiffies but since we had a huge clear out I can't find them! I suspect Ruby got them stuffed in a bin bag and they've gone to the tip.

Weather permitting Archie's uncle Vince is coming tomorrow to start painting the outside of the house. The forecast however isn't very good :(

A few years ago we arranged to buy a dining room set. When it cam to delivery my husbadn said Thursday afternoon, as that was when his shop was closed and he would be at home.

They said they couldn't say afternoon as it was an independent carrier who delivered for them and it depended on when it was put on the van as to when it would come off.

Again, he saId it had to be afternoon and again the manager said no can do.

So husband said to cancel the order. What? they exclaimed

Husband replied If you can't deliver Thursday afternoon then cancel the order.

Hang on a minute the manager said and went off to phone.

He came back and agreed delivery would be on Thursday afternoon.

Last year we ordered a new washing machine from Coop on line. Delivery was available two days later , in the afternoon.

On the morning we set off to go to the shop in the next village. We live on a single track road and half way there we met a white van with no lettering on it.

After it passed I suddenly had a thought- our washing machine.

We turned round and followed the van back along the road. it drove past our house but after a few minutes returned and stopped. Yes it was our washing machine.

It was fortunate we came back.

blackmagic it's often surprising how they will suddenly be able to accommodate you when you tell them to cancel the order. I'd have done the same. Funnily enough we are expecting a new dining room set this Thursday.

Well I have just had a message from Hermes to say they won't be delivering today after all due to "unforeseen circumstances" - maybe the van broke down or something? At least they let me know but as regards the delivery I've just been told that they will be in touch soon to re-arrange it. Good job I am not waiting for the stuff!

you know the stuff in the freezer you never fancy? just given it to the neighbour with 4 kids, they were very grateful. I have space to go shopping now lol

saw the surgeon, the one I saw last week. hes going to do my finger when he does my wrist. he asked if I had the letter about my wrist yet, ermmm only been a week, not yet

Hope they get a move on for you Jazz, nothing worse than waiting and waiting.

Settee turned up at about 2.50, nice couple of blokes, very quick and efficient. Rosie will be happy again...her favourite place is lying partly on the top of the settee and the living room windowsill, her settee went outside last night and she's been wistfully gazing at the empty space ever since.

Thanks guys :flowers: had a session tonight, but my hamstrings felt a bit tight and I just couldn't get the weights on the bar that I have done over the last couple of days, so I came home to rest. Going to hit the foam roller before I head off to bed.

Day off tomorrow - I really need to do my click and collect order for the airport for next week. Can't believe I go a week on Thursday! Got my comp on Sunday, then my brother's wedding on Monday, then I can get excited about flying away. Still trying to decide whether to book a room in the transit hotel. I have 8 hours 15 mins connection in Dubai overnight. Emirates won't put me up in a hotel as I got a bargain fare (they usually do if your connection is over 8 hours). The airport hotel is about £115. Part of me thinks it's worth it to have a shower and a decent sleep for a few hours. But then another part of me thinks it's a large amount of money just for what will probably end up being 6 and a bit hours in a hotel room :unsure:

That is a lot of money Jayne but.............. if it will mean you can get a bit of rest and be ready to start your holiday all rested and fresh then it might be worth paying

Hiya Merledogs

Suzeanna, pleased the sofa arrived

Blackmagic, amazing how when you say forget it that any obstacle is removed

Jazz, hope the dogs don't try to get their stink back on after the trip to the groomers

Yantan...we have hermes here and they are quite good

Hoping Owl and Murtle are both o.k...i hope Butter is doing o.k as he was poorly wasn't he?

my lovely hairdressers going to cut my hair and colour it using my own products for me as we still have no shower, can't be doing with walking round needing a haircut and colour