UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Jawing

Jazz

I don't know, but it had to go under the table of course lol

yes, look at the time and im up!

went to bed, thinking about the perfect kittens for sale down the road, brought up with dogs, right colour, so then why am I doubting myself? so, im not getting one go back to sleep. then I cant sleep thinking about names lol

Ive wanted a cat for years, its not a spur of the moment thing. if a dog got offered this minute, it would be in, knowing I don't need another, but a different species ive not had, could be that. I don't know. but ive gone through a pack of shortbread with one coffee

do I get another coffee or try and sleep, don't know that either

ill let you know in the morning

I feel I can talk to you lot because your not related, you will give an honest opinion xxxxxxxxxxx

When my dex is gone, I won't be getting another....never really intended on him staying but there you go...he did and I wouldn't change him for the world..even if he is a sh%t lol

You need to ask yourself, can you afford it..food, flea treatment wormers etc plus the spaying neutering...then the usual vet fees. What happens if you go into hospital?who will look after it? What will you do with the kitten if things don't work out...if the dogs don't like it can it go back to whoever bred it? I have been lucky in that my parents help out with vet bills and taking care of all the animals, I won't ever have anything else though..the 2pups are my last dogs....and deffo no more cats, mice, gerbils hamsters or fish!!!

Kittens are cute, but they can also be destructive. The last cat my daughter had..little Molly who she lost some while ago now....climbed the walls then slid down, shredding the wallpaper as she went. She did the same to the curtains! She clawed the settees, and the dining table legs. You only have to read Gooster's posts to see they can use anything as a litter tray (the bath, if I remember correctly), and that's another thing...dogs seem to find cat poo delicious, do you really want to have a dog that's just devoured the contents of the litter tray breathing in your face, if not giving you a kiss?

I can afford it all, and the neighbours all have cats so they would see to it if I was in hospital.

These are used to fosters, and laid back, so im sure they would be ok. it would soon be the same size as them lol

I don't know, good and bad with each decision.

I love my cats - they are little monsters, but I wouldn't be without them. Yes, Walter does use the bath as a litter tray, but at least it's not the carpet. As I'm sat typing this, Jessie is being all wiggly and purry and sniffing my face :wub: I have always been a dog person, but I'm out of the house for too many hours now to have dogs. I never thought I'd be a cat person, but I am probably one of the craziest cat ladies around now :laugh: My two can be a little bit destructive - who knew that cats and pencil pleat curtains don't mix?! (But cats and eyelet curtains are fine). So long as you have the money to pay for their vet fees, insurance, food, toys and catnip, I say go for it, but I'm probably totally biased - my cats helped me through a really tough time. Not sure how I'd be without them in my life :)

It can be difficult introducing cats/kittens to an already established house of just dogs. It could be that they will all just shrug their shoulders and accept the feline but it can also go the other way. A kitten, especially a lone kitten, will naturally want to play with the dogs and they have sharp little teeth and claws which the dogs may take exception too if the kitten uses them during play. It wouldn't take very much for one or more of the dogs to kill a kitten and if one attacked they might all join in. I know you have titchy dogs and they are older and maybe don't have that many teeth between them but nonetheless there IS a risk. Also a kitten is going to annoy older dogs who just want a quite life. The question should be is giving a cat or kitten a home the best thing for the cat or kitten NOT what is best for you.

I know we cannot home a cat here because Archie, despite coming to live with us when we still had 6 cats, would kill any cat we introduced. He was fine with the ones who where here first and who were the boss of him - maybe that's why he hates all other cats now!

Also we spent far more money at the vets with the cats than we have ever done with the dogs. So if you go ahead I would definitely get him or her insured.

• Like 1

I have heard people say it costs much more to feed a cat than feed a dog. Also insurance for cats seems to be a high as for dogs.

I haven't had a cat so don't know.

Bear in mind that kitten could live for 20 years. Will you still be around to care for it?

Although dogs are fine with other dogs a cat is a different species and the dogs know it. What happens if they don't get on?

A playful kitten may be too much for your dogs. Maybe an older , more laid back cat would be a better option.

If you have any doubts at all then don't do it.

If you can afford it all Jazz and have things in place for if you get taken I'll and think the dogs will be o.k then you have everything covered

Yanatan...that did make me laugh...my 2love dex, as did the other 2but hate all other cats...funny isn't it??? Dex was here first and is deffo the boss

Suzeanna, yeah, cat poo and dogs ewwwww, I saw a lady at the emergency vet with her dog...he suffered with pancreatitis and every time he got hold of cat poop he ended up at the vets as he had a flair up...poor boy

Busy busy day today, had hardly any sleep again! Couple of beers maybe tonight to help me sleep perhaps

Oh yes I forgot to agree to dogs attraction to cat poo. My George's life mission was to get to the cat trays to eat the contents. Yeeugggghhh! His breath smelt awful and you could smell him coming before he got in the room. I hasten to add that was just after he'd dined on his cat caviar not all the time!

• Like 1

Lol...dogs are vile lol...what with cat poo, rabbit poo and then the rolling on fox poo and dead birds lol

Just thinking of goosters cats, my aunt had a cat called Mindy, when she was a kitten she didn't want to leave her home so mum said she could fetch her with her to our house...their flat was over the back from us....the cat came in and it was early 80's..she walked right up my mums hessian wallpaper lol. Dex has only had the odd claw of the sofa and the curtains when he lies on the window sill so not all are ikkle sods!

Edited by griff