UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Jawing

Jazz

Good lord Yantan, what have you been feeding him?? I had hopes for the weather today, as yesterday evening the sky turned blue and the sun came out but no. Cloudy and cool again, but not quite so windy as it has been. Saw a woman who lives in the next street to us with her young collie bitch..Meg is about 18 months now, I think. Sadly she's got bad hip dysplasia in both hips...I didn't realise collies had a tendency for that? I'm wondering if her behaviour as a young pup might have contributed to it, she was ultra friendly and was often in the front garden on her back legs, up at the gate saying hello to anyone who went by. Could that have done it? Too late now if it did, sadly.

I think collies can be prone to hip dysplasia. I know from when I used to do flyball, a lot of the breeding flyball dog parents used to be hip scored. Not sure if that was a breed thing or just because they were working dogs.

It's been hot here today. Until about 5.30 when I stepped foot outside of work :rolleyes: :laugh: Then the clouds rolled in. I was going to ride Blue tonight, but I was so tired when I got to the farm, I decided not to bother. Blue made me laugh though - he was in the fields when I arrived at the farm. He was with his mates; then his mates all decided to run around, but he stayed where he was and waited for me to walk over to him. After he had had his sun cream on his nose and been checked over, he walked all the way back to the gate with me, glued to my side (even though his mates were all cantering towards the gate). If any of the other horses even looked at me, he pulled a face and they backed off. Blue is quite a bit smaller than the others in the field, but he's the boss :wub:

• Like 2

How did Blue get on with his feet the other day gooster?? I meant to ask but sorry it slipped my mind

Now what happened with you and the sun is usually me with rain! I set foot outside the door and it chucks it down

Thanks for asking Griff, he was fine, no blood in his hoof trimmings this time. He stood like an angel for James as well (the last couple of times he's been a bit of a prat as his feet have been sore). So am really hoping that he's going to be ok. Am hoping to ride him tomorrow at some point - there are some really nice rides near me, so looking forward to getting out and about again. I really enjoyed riding him out on Sunday :)

It usually rains when I get my hair done, but is then sunny when I'm in my windowless cave and then rains when I can go out and enjoy it :rolleyes:

Moaning smiley_soleil___sun_by_lucifer4671.gif

Weather here was beautiful again yesterday. and forecast says it's going to be 24 degrees today and tomorrow smiley_soleil___sun_by_lucifer4671.gif

Glad to hear Blue is doing better :flowers:

Vet rang me yesterday with the results of Timmy's latest blood test. Turns out his white cell count has gone up by a thousand (whatever that means) so he doesn't need the bone marrow biopsy at the moment. I've got to make an appointment for another blood test in a couple of weeks so we can monitor him but it seems like whatever it was may be resolving itself :woof:

I've already been out in the garden pruning this morning. Shortly going out to the front garden to water everything. Followed by breakfast, followed by taking the dogs out, followed by a desperately needed haircut at 9.30 and then lots more gardening.

Very sad to hear about the death of Muhammad Ali :( :mecry:

Have a nice day everybody and don't get sunburned :comic19:

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

Much better news about Blue and Timmy - excellent :flowers:

I didn't know until I read your post Alex that Ali had died. I despise boxing but I liked Ali the man very much. He always seemed to be a gentle giant and a true gentleman.

We have grey skies this morning so I don't know which way the weather will go today but aren't we all set for a heatwave next week?

• Like 1

Morning all, very pleased to hear such good news about Blue and Timmy...fabulous!!!

Dad has just been and bought a whopping great saw!!!! I am mucho excited!!!! However, it is going to rainso I have to build the gazebo to house said saw....floorboards today

Glad your housekeeper is better Sam, is dengue something you can get more than once, or will that be it for her? Hope you manage to stay dry.

you can get it more than once and its her 2nd time :( , there is a Hemorrhagic version which she had this time which is more serious and does take longer to recover from

Great news about Timmy :)

It's absolutely boiling here today - finished work at 12.30, went to the gym, went to get my eyebrows done and then to the farm. Am now sat out in the sunshine with a cold lager and my kindle. I did want to go somewhere, but was a Billy no mates, so decided not to bother!