UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Jawing

Jazz

ok people, you will know

ive always wanted a cat. but it will have to be good with dogs and id like it to be a house cat, it worrys me if they could be run over.

so do I get a kitten that can be trained, or an agoraphobic adult? it might not be now. I should wait till I have less dogs, but does it really matter? lifes too short

My babies are house cats. I got them as kittens as they know no different. I got them with an open mind as to whether to let them explore outside, but they are happy inside and they play with each other, so they have stayed as house cats. If you got a rescue cat, some older ones say on the rescue page if they are indoor cats or need to go outside. I always thought it was a bit mean to keep them inside, but the traffic around me can be a bit dangerous - 2 of my local friends have lost their cats in the last 3 months due to cars, and I just couldn't stand the uncertainty about where they were and if they were coming home.

Never had a kitten...wouldn't know where to begin and only ever introduced pups to my cat... He is the gaffer though!! He doesn't go out anymore only in my back garden and were I to ever get another cat....I think I would cat period the garden and not let them roam...not just for the road factor but you have people feeding them, keeping them and obsessive people doing mean things because they crapped in their garden! Not worth the risk of letting them out, sad reflection on society really

Got no loo upstairs now and no sink..I am dying for a shower...think I may book a hotel just for the shower lol

Moaning :tired:

Bear in mind that if you get a kitten it could live for 20 years or more. I've got two cats who are both 18, one of which I've had since she was a kitten. Personally I would get an older cat which is already a house cat - which also saves you having to litter train etc.

I was worried about how I would litter train then, so had a Google. Turns out they don't need training. Walter poops in the bath sometimes, but he just sees that as a giant litter tray :laugh: :rolleyes:

Am working today - stuck inside till 4. My first 2 patients haven't shown up :rolleyes: