UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Jawing

Jazz

I didn't know that was the story behind the headlines - thanks for that Alex.

Thanks also blackmagic for the link. I was pleasantly surprised to see how well the dogs looked especially considering how poor the country is. Well done to Sam, Mark and the team :flowers:

It makes you realise the size of the task

UEFA has launched an investigation into the Russian fans' behaviour (not the English). I hope they get disqualified from the tournament but they'll probably just end up with a fine :mad:

I've had a splurge on spring cleaning, starting with the kitchen. Knackered now so had some lunch (Roquefort and grapes, yum) and thinking what to do next.

Moaning :tired:

Need to sort my own house out griff - so much to do including a major declutter of all the stuff I've hoarded over ten years.

Wish this miserable weather would go away - just rain rain rain.

I'm working from home today and Thursday morning (England v Wales Thursday afternoon so planned that strategically and took the afternoon off).

Ruby and I decided that we'd like a telly in the kitchen so bought one and a bracket to put it on the wall. We put it up yesterday. What a feckin' game of Laurel and Hardy! Anyway we got there in the end but not before we attached the tv to the bracket upside down!! How I didn't wet my pants laughing I have no idea!

Alex it's raining here too and it's so muggy - yak. Not looking forward to taking Archie out in it at all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3636820/Team-British-volunteers-worked-tirelessly-vaccinate-35-000-dogs-Malawi.html

The Mission Rabies team, including students, civil servants and former London Underground project managers, have taken annual leave, work from dawn to dusk

ahh yes the daily mail reporter sat with me and mark at dinner one evening , he was clearly taking notes !

Thanks also blackmagic for the link. I was pleasantly surprised to see how well the dogs looked especially considering how poor the country is. Well done to Sam, Mark and the team :flowers:

overall the dogs were pretty okay , and in the areas where they were less healthy so were the people

Just had a call about 3 potentially rabid dogs so we might be out with our nets later trying to find them if the caller comes back with location details

Been to the vets, gone and collected my parcels and then got my eyebrows threaded and a bikini wax...I always wait for the owner Kam as she makes my eyebrows look great...one is normally a bit higher after my stroke but she sorts them out so I look normal

Is amazing how much eyebrows can change your appearance isn't it ? I don't wear make up but I do sometimes get my brows done if I am starting to look like Denis Healey

I was watching the England match last night. The Russian fans were letting off flares inside the ground and there was a loud bang. Not only was that incredibly stupid (did they not think that some people might think a bomb had gone off?!) but how the feck did they get them inside? Where was the security?

Lots of trouble involving England fans as well. No doubt there are some England fans who are intent on causing trouble, but apparently there were a lot of Russian fans attacking England fans before the match, not necessarily those who were causing trouble, and apparently some locals were involved as well. Blame needs to be apportioned where it's due. From seeing some of the footage on tv, it was brutal and two England fans are in a critical condition. The Russian fans also climbed over barriers inside the stadium, possibly panicked by a loud bang going off in the Russian bit and some of them were attacking England fans as they ran through them. No security separating the fans, just a tarpaulin over some seats. The England fans were panicking and trying to run out, which caused a stampede. If you look at the footage you can see England fans squashed up against a fence which they were jumping over, despite the drop on the other side. Could have been catastrophic. Where were the police inside the ground?! It's sickening.

It sickens me , their are so many things that people need to get angry about in this world and bloody football is not one of them , with that said I fully understand the people doing this are not fans just thugs and they should all be bloody locked up

im going to have a grandson! they had the 20 week scan today

that's cheered me up!

congratulations all round :)

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel
  • Like 1

Got back from the race track on Saturday to find a major alert on in the village, was dry all day at the track apart from when I left got home and found the village all cut off police and fire crews everywhere,

3 feet of water across lots of the village, houses being bailed out grids bursting up with water, canal bank collapsing and 3 separate brooks in the village had burst banks and flooded into houses and onto the road, the water in the brook next to me had risen 4 feet and swept away the fencing flooding houses along the way, some houses are 60 feet from the brook and still flooded.

It was like getting back to Armageddon all roads closed couldn't get to my house, so had to park and walk back, thankfully as I am on the side of a slope all water had rushed past me.

Thankfully no one hurt just damage to goods carpets etc. which can be replaced, parts of stockport copped for it too

Congrats Jazz

Sam, i hadn't had my eyeberows done for about 6 months i think... i had managed to keep the shape sort of and it only took her about 3 minutes to do them but i did look much better afterwards

Wow Lauryl and Hardy...thank god you live on a slope!!!! must be really weird to be somewhere were it is all dry and then get back and see floods

managed to wash my hair in the sink....have had a wash and shaved my legs so feel human again, can't wait for my first shower Lol

Heck Laurel n Hardy, glad you escaped the water getting into your place. Not so good for those who got carpets damaged etc. but as you say all replaceable and thankfully no one was hurt.

You can't see my eyebrows as they are so pale and I like it that way. The odd time I've had make-up done for a "do" and they've added colour to them people who know me got startled by my appearance. Although it generally took them a while to figure out that is was because they could see my eyebrows!