UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

well done Owl and Wispa

well Dex cat has eaten some Tuna overnight and half a pouch of cat food, had a wee but no other business. Mum has booked him in for 3 with Ash the vet, should have been at the drs so have had to change that until tomorrow....and tomorrow i have to take my mum to the hospital...i am going to be knackered!!!

Positive thoughts for Blue and Dex :flowers: :flowers:

Very pleased to hear the dog you'd been tracking was found Owl.

We've had a lovely walk on a gorgeous frosty morning. Saw the three deer again. They were resting up in a the garden of an empty house. Apparently some of the neighbours are being kind to them and providing some extras so that's why are stopping put. Apart from the National Trust being allowed to cull a few deer every year no one else is allowed to kill them here. If you find a dead deer or see one killed in a traffic accident if you call the NT they collect it & knock one of the culling list.

There has been roadworks going on leading in and out of town for several weeks now creating long waits and tailbacks. What are they doing? Putting new kerb stones in. Once again I am sure there are other more pressing jobs that could have had this time and money thrown at them.

Moaning :tired:

Disturbed sleep last night, not good.

Colleague who sits opposite me at work - his brother was in Viola Beach :( so it was very subdued in the office yesterday. Can't begin to imagine how he and his family are feeling :(

Then we had an email at work to say there were tailbacks on the M62 between J7 & J8 because someone had jumped off the bridge :( Hoping today is more positive for everybody.

Dex had another enema and they did his bloods.which surprisingly came back all good!!! Been feeding him tuna and mackerel and he has been to the loo so hopefully he will cheer up a bit.

Up at stupid o'clock as I have to take mum to the hospital today.

Hoping Blue is doing a bit better now and the vet and farrier came up with a plan

Read about that band Merledogs, sad so many lives lost.

There is an old boy round here, bit eccentric.....anyway he doesn't look a well man, looks like he has had a bit of a troubled life, found out the other week that just before Christmas he threw himself off a building.. He survived but I am not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing for him, he must have been in a real state to do that

Apologies for being quiet and then popping up to be a whinging wally again but for the past 4 days I have been in so much pain and discomfort I have barely been able to think straight however this may have provided me with a bit more insight into wtf is going on with me which I can take along to the consultant on Friday and hopefully get some answers and a timescale for fixing things. I am now 1000% certain that regardless of sid being on my right side there is definitely something wrong with the left side and it is NOT referred pain and it is definitely linked to my hormones. It was left side that sent me running to the Dr in the first place and left side which has gotten steadily worse and worse month on month but once they found sid on the scan the GP has been content to dismiss this as either referred pain from sid or IBS/trapped wind, sid causing a blockage and me being fat. :mad: Last time I saw her I mentioned something else that has been going on which had me quite worried and pretty damned sure was related she poo poohed it and said it wasn't possible and it was because I was overweight - but its happened again THIS month exactly the same and as the pain has subsided its stopped happening! So I did some more googling and I have found that I am fecking right it can be related albeit that its not terribly common. I may not be a Dr but when something happens every sodding month that coincides with menses (or lack of) and ONLY happens with female hormone related monthly timings whereas I'm fat 365 days a year wouldn't the logical assumption be its ME SODDING ORMONES!!! *and breath*. I also know now that this will undoubtedly happen again until they fix me. I'm writing it all up to take with me on Friday and I'm going to see if Rob can come in with me, bless him I heard him telling his mum on the weekend that he's never seen me like this and he's worried about me. On a lighter note though the 5:2 diet will be a doddle after this as currently I'm doing a 5:2 some weeks LOL

• Like 1

I hope when you see the consultant Snow you get listened to and he/she finds out what is wrong and more importantly gets it fixed. That amount of pain is just not tolerable. I always used to get told that everything that was wrong with me was weight related, but I am not convinced. Once diagnosed and treated for cancer they have gone surprisingly quiet on the weight issue!! Take a list of all the things you have noticed and all the questions you would like to ask.

Snow, I hope you get a consultant who will listen to you.

My hubby spent two years trying to get someone to listen to him. Because scans and xrays showed nothing each consultant dismissed it.

Because of problems during an aneastheitic he was literally flung upright to prevent him choking. Of course he was limp because of the aneasthetic.

When he woke up he said it felt as if an elephant was sitting in his chest. While that improved he was left with a constant crushing pain around his diaphragm. Painkillers and anti inflammatories didn't help. Codeine and morphine based drugs gave him hallucinations.

Eventually he was so despondent at not having an answer- which by the way we had diagnosed ourselves months before as whiplash- he wrote a long 2 page letter to the last consultant he had seen. This guy was supposed to report on his results but months later still hadn't.

In this letter he detailed all that has had happened and how it was affecting him and how he felt.

This letter resulted in his case being passed to a medical consultant who was excellent. He spent over an hour with JIm, telling him he had spent all of his lunch hour reading his letter and his notes. He was the first person who really listened.

So, make sure you stress how this affects you. It is easy to get side tracked and miss saying something.

Thats what I'm doing Owl and why I'm taking Rob as he has witnessed everything and indeed pointed out a few things to me myself which I'd got so used to adapting to that I hadn't twigged they were part and parcel of this and were maybe the first signs of a problem.

How awful for your work mate Alex, what a terrible thing to happen to a family member. My ex husband's brother drowned in Gosport harbour at the age of 26, it was very traumatic for the family.

Glad Dex seems to be on the mend Griff, hope the hospital trip went ok for your mum.

Snow, if you still aren't happy whilst speaking to this consultant ask for a second, third or even fourth opinion, you need to get to the bottom of this. My OH's mum had terrible back pain for 18 months and was told variously that it was tension from the upset of losing her husband, then it was referred from a stomach problem. They eventually discovered it was pancreatic cancer, two weeks before she died. Oh lord, I'm not saying you have cancer..that came out wrongly...just that you really need to push to get someone to listen properly.

Hope everything is going smoothly now Owl, and you'll soon have a new roost for you and Wispa.

Snow, you make the consultant listen, if they won't listen...get another one, deffo take someone with you...if not rob a friend, writing everything down is great and if necessary get rob to film you to show how bad the pain has become, my mum is overweight and with some Drs she could trot in with a sore throat and it would all be down to her weight!!

Hospital trip was a disaster, no ultrasound booked for her and then they refused the procedure as she has a water infection...she ahs to go back in 2 weeks but has decided that actually no she won't ...groan

Did my good deed for the week today...a neighbour's little pup shot out of her car outside the shop when she opened the car door, she has bad knees (me too!) so neither of us could run after Brooke, but she swerved past Carol and came running to say hi to Rosie and I managed to grab her collar. When I got home I found a car harness we got for Rosie which she hates..she just yells all the time she wears it...and took it round for Brooke, so hopefully in future she won't go for any more unplanned runs.

• Like 1