UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

pleased things are o.k Merledogs...i think it is good when you feel able to voice your opinions to the boss even though you know their opinion may differ.

been good today, made a veg chilli for my dinner and have been good not to eat and junk. Mum and dad went off to where they thought hamish macbeth was filmed...took hours to get there, the place looked nothing like the show and there wasn't a coffee shop either Lol they aren't sure if it was the right place or not...as it took so long to get there it meant they couldn't go up ben nevis....not climbing of course but going up in the gondola to the base camp, apparently it is freezing, i did point out it is scotland so of course it is cold Lol. Never mind, gave them something to do i suppose, dad had haggis for his brekkie with his fry up ewwwwww

I love haggis! Haggis, mashed neeps with pepper and mashed potatoes, yummy.

Hamish Macbeth was filmed at Plockton.

Rural Scotland tends to close down for the winter as there are not many tourist around to fill the coffers.

Even in tourist season hotels tend to only open for meals at 'eating times' rather than be available all day.

Last night the temperature dropped to -5 degrees. Has nobody told the weather it is February. I tis time spring was knocking on the door.

We went up the west coast for a week some years ago...OH's parents used to live at North Connel, near Oban. We stayed in Plockton for a couple of nights in a guest house overlooking the bay, it was beautiful. Very nice pub there too! Mind you, this was in summer (still not that warm, though.)

It tried snowing here earlier, but only very briefly thank goodness. We are ordering the posts and metposts planks etc this week for our fence. Bet misery guts next door comes out to ask what we are doing, in which case he'll be told minding our own business, maybe he'd like to try it sometime! (OH has a rather less polite message for him if he sees him!)

Hope poorly pets continue to improve...Jayne's horse seemed to be worrying her, hope he's getting there too.

Oooooooooooo Suzeanna, i hope it really really Pi**es him off Lol, mine is 8ft stock fencing with screening on it, looks lovely from my side but awful from my neighbours...i don't care as i don't like them Lol

I haven't seen Jayne on for a little bit, i hope her dog and horse are ok

Had to rush dex to the vets this morning, had to wait for 2 hours and not entirely happy with the vet but there you go...he got seen and that's the main thing, will see our own vet tomorrow

Hi guys, am still here. Just a bit fed up and worried about Blue. He was improving, then last Saturday he had a relapse. The vets had done x rays with his farrier on the Thursday before and it was good news. His pedal bone hadn't rotated. The decision was made to put some special heart bar shoes on his front feet on the 17th, but if he relapsed then they need to go on sooner. So when he relapsed on Saturday, the decision was made to put the special shoes on his feet earlier. They went on on Tuesday, then on Thursday I had a phone call from the farm telling me to ring the vet as Blue couldn't walk at all and was in a lot of pain. The vet came up again and had to give him more painkillers. He is still really not happy on his feet - I can't even lead him out of his stable. The vet and the farrier are wanting an update tomorrow as to how he has been over the weekend - not sure what the plans are - not sure if his special shoes need to come off and regular ones going back on. But then he has a risk of his pedal bone rotating and sinking. If that happens, we lose him. I actually had a little cry at work on Monday - everything just got on top of me. Am working 6 days a week and am just so tired and burnt out. I go away in less than 4 weeks, I really want him happier and settled before I travel.

Oh Heck Jayne, big hugs for you...i know naff all about horses and have no idea if this would help but i read a thing on "barefoot horses" horses who wear no shoes....as i say i know nothing at all about horses and have no idea if no shoes would make the situation worse.I really hope he gets better soon, must be a hell of a worry for you

Thanks Griff - Blue has very thin soft soles, so he can't be barefoot. Taking the shoes off completely can be an option, but not in his case :unsure:

Blue is rarely poorly, but when he is, he's a bit of a drama queen with pain and is never a textbook case :rolleyes: There is no reason that anyone could find that he would have developed laminitis, his bloods were normal and he's not fed a rich diet.

Hope Dex is ok :flowers:

Well give Blue a message from me....a little bit of drama is o.k but he has done his drama queen bit for this year so can he be a good lad and get better please! Somebody else couldn't have been feeding him stuff could they??? Let's hope the vet and the farrier come up with a plan.

Thanks, I hope he will be alright, he is old and given his problems has done well to get to 18...I am going to miss the old boy when he goes... Hoping that won't be for a while yet though

Thoughts for Dex and Blue xx

Frantic Saturday here, with Wispa doing some very accurate tracking after a beagle x foxhound. Yesterday we were both still wiped out, but had call last night to tell us the dog was caught. Now back to packing and cleaning. 11 days to go.