UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

I know Jazz, 3 times i have told some company who claim to be my telephone management service(i don't have one i am TPS) and they call and ask if i am being bothered by nuisance calls...first time i said obviously as you have called me and i haven't asked you too...take my details off the list, second time i just hung up and third time i said it was the third time i have been called and told them last week to remove my name and number from their list...he hung up!! i know the number now so just leave it ring out and go to answer machine...go bless caller display Lol. I don't answer the phoen now unless i know the number or it is withheld/unavailable as that could be the hospital

Afternoon.

Snow - I'm glad you're being seen for all the problems now - better that any heart issues are spotted now and treated than wait until the symptoms show. Good luck with getting all your gubbins fixed :flowers:

Owl - definitely time for a whistle.

I've done my first bit of gardening for the year - pruned lots of stuff and planted some bulbs out. Garden's in a right state, as is the new patio and paths, so I'm going to have to clean them soon.

LOL is there any room left in your garden Alex? Actually can you suggest a nice tall and fully bush that would be happy in damp soil? The winds have ripped out one of mine and its now deader than a dead thing after frost got into it, theres no way it's going to come back sadly, and thats left a hole in my "hedge" which means the view from my chair now is straight into nextdoors garden and the rotting caravan they dumped there about 6 years ago. I want an instant "filler" that isn't a conifer.

Lol Merledogs...you are hilarious.

we ordered some bulbs the other day, 300 for a tenner, will flower during summer and come back every year. Also ordered some for the ladies up the road who are taking care of the little bit of waste land

Not a bush Snow but what about some bamboo in a pot...you can get one sort that is quite bushy, some of them are ones that don't spread either so your garden won't be over run with it

Moaning :tired:

LOL is there any room left in your garden Alex? Actually can you suggest a nice tall and fully bush that would be happy in damp soil? The winds have ripped out one of mine and its now deader than a dead thing after frost got into it, theres no way it's going to come back sadly, and thats left a hole in my "hedge" which means the view from my chair now is straight into nextdoors garden and the rotting caravan they dumped there about 6 years ago. I want an instant "filler" that isn't a conifer.

There's not a lot of room snow, I'm going to have to get rid of some to make way :rolleyes: The best thing would be a good old Cherry Laurel - you can get a decent sized one for about £30. It's a shame you don't live closer to me, I've got one in a pot which needs to go and you could have had it.

I just looked that laurel up, looks like the one i had in the back garden of my flat...it was there when i arrived, i had a wasp nest in the ground and my dad poured petrol down it and set light to it...the bush went up, looked like moses and the burning bush Lol...the laurel lived to fight another day though Lol. I am deffo this year saving up and i want some bamboo plants and maybe some canary palms...both have to be big though

Thanks for that Alex will have a look.

Am all of a wibble as I just had a phone call from cardiology who want me to come in for a scan on Wednesday - that seems bloody quick to me! Though I guess its good they aren't hanging about just a bit of a worry at just how flipping quick they have acted.

Hope you get sorted soon Snow :flowers:

I think blue is feeling a bit better - apparently he was bucking in his stable this evening :rolleyes: Still don't know what caused his issues and have no action plan, but if he's feeling ok, I'm happy.

Hope you complete soon Owl :)

Hair and eyebrows for £18??!! Bargain. It costs me £67 for my hair and £8 for my eyebrows and moustache to be sorted out!!

Mines a fiver but I dont have that much to cut :crying: :laughingsmiley:

Snow, it's much better to get sorted quickly than to have to wait, believe me! They probably are being pushed by the team who want to make sure you are ok for anaesthesia, and getting their backsides in gear. Be grateful (amazed, more like it!)

My OH doesn't pay anything to get his hair cut, I do it for him. My daughter used to go to an expensive hairdresser, but to be honest I thought she was wasting her money, my hairdresser does just as good a job for £18 for a cut and blow dry as she paid about £60.

Edited by suzeanna

Lol Lauryl and Hart, you get a cut and money left for chips too!!!

Snow, great you are getting the Scan quickly

Suzeanna,people always comment on how good my cut is and weni say the price they are amazed....just dyeing it at the moment, got all behind as my dad wanted his back waxing..that too ages but make me laugh hearing him yelp lol