UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

Oh dear..just had my daughter on the phone in tears. She has two cats, as you know, and I was meant to be having them again this summer. Domino is 17 and has over active thyroid, but Molly is 10 and she thought perfectly healthy, until this week when she noticed she was dribbling from one side of her mouth. She's been to the vets and had her teeth cleaned and treatment for an abscess but...they took an xray and she's got cancer of the jaw and they doubt she'll last until summer. Poor little Moll, she's a sweet little cat, even if she did lead me a merry dance escaping. Amanda is heartbroken. She's going to keep Molly going so long as she seems happy, on painkillers and soft food, but when she goes, they are both going.

Very sorry to hear that, Suzeanna.

Gooster, good news that Ted's diet is sorted.

Also good news that the bones on Yantan's land are explained.

I rarely do transport runs these days, but sometimes step in if needed. Yesterday I drove a yorkie pup from Lutterworth to Sheffield. Super cute! Got home and was practically pinned against the wall. "I can smell pup! Gimme gimme! I love it! Where is it? Pocket? Handbag? Puppy, want it now!"

• Like 3

morning all

yorkie pup oooooooooooooooo

the dogs have roast chicken, roast potatoes and gravy for breakfast, its on the side. Im not drinking my coffee quick enough so they can have it, im being licked, punched and sat on. I cant drink my coffee with 9kg of dog on my knee, really lol

• Like 1

Wet again here.

Yesterday was dry , sunny for a short time ( just to let us know it is still around ) and quite pleasant.

Tidied up my small greenhouse, cut back the fuschias overwintering in there and removed various dead leaves and rubbish.

Got a pot for a magnolia tree my son sent me for my birthday in January and potted it up. Have put it in the shed as I don't think it would survive outside at the moment.

I also evicted a little mouse who had taken up residence in the shed.

I had hoped to cut back some climbers today but rain and cold has put paid to that idea so I am vegitating and wasting time on here.

I don't mind the mice as long as they stay outdoors. We had them in the garage one year and I didn't much like that.

I am with you on that.

When we moved house we found that mice had made a nest consisting of chewed up poo bags in our garage.

I had some saplings in pots standing in the garden over the winter and when I went to plant them out mice has chewed holes the size of 50 p piece in the sides of the plastic pot. No plastic was left lying on the ground so I don't know if they wanted roofs for their nests or they ate the plastic.

We do get them in the garage but after finding they had got into the car and eaten the dog biscuits in the door locket we now keep traps set.

One of our neighbours had problems with them getting into his engine and chewing through cables.

The joys of country living.

The one living in the shed was tucked up in amongst some patio chairs. I was moving some stuff nearby and it came out to have look at me, then went back into its hidey hole. The chairs, which have cloth seats, were swiftly moved indoors- making sure no mouse was included.

We set up a night viewing camera and caught it on tape outside the shed in the middle of the night and another night walking across the shed floor. It is a lovely little field mouse but not welcome to chew my belongings.

Yesterday I was planting up a pot and the bag of straw beside me started rusting. So it was left outside for it to vacate and the warp on the door frame fixed so it couldn't get back in.

What's bothering you Griff? Anything we can do to help shift the gloom?

Yeah it's raining heavily here too. I am sick of getting soaked every time I take Archie out. There are so few places to walk due to the floods making places inaccessible and they've spoilt our forest walks by building cycle trails all over the damned spot. You can never tell when a cycle is going to come hurtling around a corner at you. No warning, no sounding of bells and then you get shouted at because you are in their way. I tell them "excuse me but as walkers we still have the right of way here" but they are mostly arses who don't give a damn about other countryside users.

I am with you on that.

When we moved house we found that mice had made a nest consisting of chewed up poo bags in our garage.

I had some saplings in pots standing in the garden over the winter and when I went to plant them out mice has chewed holes the size of 50 p piece in the sides of the plastic pot. No plastic was left lying on the ground so I don't know if they wanted roofs for their nests or they ate the plastic.

We do get them in the garage but after finding they had got into the car and eaten the dog biscuits in the door locket we now keep traps set.

One of our neighbours had problems with them getting into his engine and chewing through cables.

The joys of country living.

The one living in the shed was tucked up in amongst some patio chairs. I was moving some stuff nearby and it came out to have look at me, then went back into its hidey hole. The chairs, which have cloth seats, were swiftly moved indoors- making sure no mouse was included.

We set up a night viewing camera and caught it on tape outside the shed in the middle of the night and another night walking across the shed floor. It is a lovely little field mouse but not welcome to chew my belongings.

Yesterday I was planting up a pot and the bag of straw beside me started rusting. So it was left outside for it to vacate and the warp on the door frame fixed so it couldn't get back in.

We bought a 'thing' to go on the bottom of the garage door and never had them in there again.

Oh, i am o.k....nothing anyone an help me with...just me Lol

Yantan, that isn't good! bet they have just seen pound signs and not thought about people walking in the woods getting hurt....bet it will be the walkers who get booted out if there are any issues too

We have had loads and loads of rain too...not looking forward to walking the dogs after saturdays attempt Lol will take both at once as i hvae to rush today...walk the dogs, shower and off for a blood test