UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

That's a lot to take in, snow. You must be exhausted after all that. But you have a way forward.

Happy birthday Jerry Lee. I reckon Wispa's 9th is some time around now as far as we can tell.

We didn't exchange contracts today. Solicitor at bottom of chain dragging feet. I said if contracts are exchanged first thing Monday then I am still good for moving next Friday. But if any later if has to be next week.

Snow, i am pleased you have a plan of action...like you, my mum is a larger lady, she has sleep apnoea and chronic asthma, she went for a partial knee replacement and was expecting a GA...when she was in theatre, she had 4 anaesthetists...2 fully qualified and 2 learners, she was all set when they sprung on her that due to her health issues she was unable to have a GA!!!!! they offered her sedation and epidural but she went for an epidural only and she said it was fine....do you think that could be an option for you if the anaesthetist refuses...that way you could get the growth removed, if you accepted the sedation it would most likely just be enough to settle you so less risk than a GA

Owl, sorry to hear you didn't complete on the house today, fingers crossed for monday so you can finally get moved

got my haircut and eyebrows sorted out....total £18...bargain

The consultant ruled out an epidural as apparently I need to be tilted backwards for the op and I'll be head down :confused02: I did ask if it was option and she said no.

forgot to mention when I had the internal scan the probe poked something inside in the EXACT area I am having the pain and I hit the flipping ceiling - he apologised and did ask if I could tolerate a bit more so he could try and see what was there and he did poke and prod and scan internal and external but aside from me almost leaping off the bed and yelping the scan didn't show a ruddy thing. it HAS to be gyne related as you don't get more gyne that that area.

Hope you get sorted soon Snow :flowers:

I think blue is feeling a bit better - apparently he was bucking in his stable this evening :rolleyes: Still don't know what caused his issues and have no action plan, but if he's feeling ok, I'm happy.

Hope you complete soon Owl :)

Hair and eyebrows for £18??!! Bargain. It costs me £67 for my hair and £8 for my eyebrows and moustache to be sorted out!!

Ahhh I see Snow, thought it worth a mention as some consultants don't even mention epidural/ sedation. I tell you what, when this is all over, I do hope you will go back to your gp and point out you were right and perhaps she should listen more carefully to her patients....after all, you know your body best

Snow in many ways it was a positive consultation. Just think about having the one procedure done at a time and not on the whole picture. First the heart tests and if they are fine then on with the operation to remove Sid. I am also a large lady and did fine when I had my kidney removed. I had an excellent anaesthetist and surgeon. The problem I had was post op as I had problems with lung function and had a couple of days in intensive care during which time my lungs inflated themselves. I really do hope they can do something for your pain.

I am just staying fairly cool about the whole house business. Always said I didn't care when I moved as long as not in snow and ice. Will fit in with what suits the rest of the chain and if we don't exchange on Monday they can just sort out their favourite date and let me know.

Very pleased to hear that Blue has improved.

That's very good of you Owl...best way to be, nice and relaxed...house moving is supposed to be stressful

Not a happy camper, Jaguar Land Rover have put in plans along with the council to enlarge their development place near us.... they are going to try and use land that is protected by the same covenant as we are governed by and i think if i am viewing the plans right, we will lose at least 2 of our dog walking fields..... one of which has a lot of wildlife, rabbits, pheasants, foxes, deer, buzzards and adders..now adders are protected but when they found the newts on the other site they just carried on regardless, with it bringing jobs, money etc to the city we will have no chance of stopping it....will have a bl**dy good go though! it is right near my house where they are wanting to start work...like the top of my road!!!! i live in the suburbs, after our road there are no other houses nearby...i am now going to be ending up living in the inner city as the other council want to build 4000 homes nearby

Edited by griff

What I am not staying cool about is that I am being harassed by a survey company operating from an Indian call centre. 3 calls yesterday, and as they came on stronger I got ruder and won't tell them anything. And just now they rang again. I said I had told them 3 times yesterday to leave me alone, and they admitted that was the case. Apparently they just want a quick survey so will I please answer the questions. I suspect they are running a competition to see which staff member can make me crack under pressure. All they want is my age, marital status and employment status, and household income group, which will of course result in junk mail and sales calls bothering the nice people who are buying this house. Will try answering in French next time and hope caller doesn't speak it. Or really do their head in by answering in Latin hehe.

Oh hell Griff, that's awful.

Edited by owl

Right Owl, you are a nimble 18 year old, who is an entrepreneur who happens to be a multi millionaire who just can't be doing with being tied to one partner.....or a whistle might do the trick, best thing I ever did was a smoke detector down the phone at a perv that kept ringing.....they never called back lol

Tempting thought, Griff.

They did ring back again and said they hadn't rung me before. I told them that it was the same firm as I asked the name each time. So the guy put me through to the supervisor and we actually had a reasonable conversation. I explained I was moving at didn't want the next people in the house to be bothered with sales stuff not relevant to them. So they said as long as I would be at that address for the next 30 days they still wanted to do the survey. So I explained that I was moving next week and the guy said thanks and goodbye.

At the rate we are going, I could well be here for another 30 days!

Hopefully that will be the end of the calls now Owl, nice when you can communicate with someone who has 2 brain cells to rub together.

I got a call on my mobile this afternoon...an 0207 number, I answered as I thought something may have happened to my brother (he lives in London) was some chap asking if I would do a survey tomorrow for 02..I asked if he would fetch my name off the list and was totally taken aback when he said yes and thanked me for my time!!; gobsmacked