UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

Snow it is good that they are going to do the heart scan sooner rather than later. I had a scan followed by a further test which took three hours on two separate weeks. If I drop dead suddenly, it shouldn't be from heart related problems as they said my ticker was fine!! Mine were done and done quickly, as they wanted to know if my heart could stand the cancer treatment that I needed. Hang on to the thought that you might be pain free.

Yeah my hairdresser, who works from a converted bedroom in her home, charges £18 for a restyle and £15 for a trim with wash and blow dry. Ruby goes to the "posh" hair shop in town and pays about £50 for the same thing. I like my hairdresser, we have known each other since we were tots.

Just had a lovely visit from my oldest friend (oldest as in friend I have known the longest not that she is old old!) We only see each other about once a year but we just pick up from where we left off. She has done with dying her hair and is letting it going grey. It is actually coming through a lovely silver white and I thought she'd paid good money to have it dyed like that. She can't believe I still have my colour but as I pointed out there is a lot of grey in my natural red and it's faded a lot. I used to pay good money to have it blonde highlights put in to get it to this shade but don't have to bother now!

Griff you will need to keep the bamboo in check as they can be rampant! A garden that backs onto the old railway line where we walk sometimes has one that was planted several years ago and it's gone mad, taking over the bottom half of the owners garden and up the bank to encroach on the path. One of the regular dog walkers has taken to carrying secateurs with him to take the ends off and once or twice year he brings his shears and gives it a good old short back and sides.

Awwww Merledogs, hopefully today will see him struck down with laringitis and you can do your tours in peace Lol

Dex has been back to the vet, has to go and have a tooth removed a dental and xray tomorrow, fingers crossed it is just his teeth that are causing him to lose weight ...but i don't think so

Bloody neighbours - grrrrrrrrr. I could happily drop kick one of ours into the Arctic tundra. The story is too long and to be honest I'm so sick of her that I can't bear going over it all to put you all in the picture. She's 3 french fries short of a happy meal. Fortunately she isn't the owner, it belongs to a religious group, and I have finally been introduced to the man who deals with the upkeep of the house and he's very nice. We parted on first name terms and he has my phone number so he can contact me direct.

Ooops. Forgot to wish Dex good luck tomorrow :flowers:

Ahhhhhh neighbours...either wonderful or a complete feckin pain!!! i am pleased you have now met the real owner and hopefully he will sort out any issues you have

Glad you survived merledogs...even if you were bored Lol

thanks for the good wishes, i am a teensy bit worried, he is 18 and i absolutely adore him...he still makes me laugh after all these years, hopefully it is just a manky tooth that has bothered him, true to bloody form though, he has ate a pouch and a half of cat food today!!! little toad

That's useful, Yantan.

All the best for Dex tomorrow. One manky tooth can really bring an old cat or dog down.

Ms Merle, I would gladly have swapped your tedious colleague for an exciting day full of drama, dealing with a couple of self-dramatising egomaniacs. Luckily neither is close enough for me to go round and whack them with a mallet.

Edited by owl