UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Non-Stop Natterings

merledogs

Owl, I thought your buyers were first time buyers. I hope thins get sorted out soon. It is unsettling just waiting.

Sophie, could you make a balaclava for him out of a pair of tights to contain everything?

Hope the doc can sort your problem, Griff. Tinnitus is horrible. I used to work with a man who suffered from it.

My dogs love agility although at nearly 11 Murphy has to take it easy and jump low height rather than full height.

Oh no, logan you little b*gger!! hope you get some rest Sophie

Blackmagic, both dogs love the agility...i can't run, in fact walking is an effort so i let kota down a bit

been to the Drs, she fitted me in..no appointment, she has given me some antibiotics and anti inflammatories and i have to go back on thursday, i can't do my chemo tomorrow as the anti inflammatories go toxic in my system or something....if the tablets wor i can stop them on thursday after i have seen her but take the full antibiotic course, if i feel no better i will be sent to the hospital...which i don't want

Oh no, logan you little b*gger!! hope you get some rest Sophie

Blackmagic, both dogs love the agility...i can't run, in fact walking is an effort so i let kota down a bit

been to the Drs, she fitted me in..no appointment, she has given me some antibiotics and anti inflammatories and i have to go back on thursday, i can't do my chemo tomorrow as the anti inflammatories go toxic in my system or something....if the tablets wor i can stop them on thursday after i have seen her but take the full antibiotic course, if i feel no better i will be sent to the hospital...which i don't want

I can't keep up with Cleo so use verbal directions for her - jump, go on, right, left, tunnel, walk on, seesaw, through for the tyre and weave( which we don't do very well). Going round the wing is still a work in orogress. Murphy works to 'round' and goes whichever way I am indicating by where I am standing but Cleo doesn't respond very well to that I am much furthere back from her ( Murphy goes at fast walking pace so I can keepup with him)

I use right then come for her but that is clumsy so need to work on some other cue.

There is a super clip on youtube of a disabled lady in a wheelchair doing agility with her dog but I can't find it at the moment. The dog is super fast and she only moves up and down and round the centre of the ring directing the dog to the various obstacles.

I have found 'Unleashing the Velcro Dog' useful for ideas for teaching working at a distance.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unleashing-Velcro-Dog-Training-Distance/dp/0967492939

Moaning :tired:

Aw Griff you have some awful stuff to go through buddy. I hope you feel better soon and avoid going to the hospital :flowers:

My sentiments exactly and she copes admirably :flowers:

Had a decent night's sleep last night after Timmy's poorly tummy on Sunday then 4 hours' sleep on Monday.

I see 'Lewis' has come to an end. I only watched it for Hathaway anyway, so I hope they bring him back in his own series.

Edited by merledogs

I've been worrying how I was going to manage my hot flushes whilst I am in NYC so I bought myself a rechargable 4-and-half inch fan. I was sceptical about it but it got good reviews on Amazon so I went for it. It arrived yesterday and OMG I wish I had found this a year ago! It's fab. It delivers a powerful waft of cool air on all 3 settings - and all for the princely sum of £8.99! I can stand it by my bed in the hotel to give me a nice cool blast and also take it out with me in my bag. I doubt I will get away using it in the theatre when we go to see our Broadway show but I can at least blast myself before the performance and during the interval.

Some of our friends think we are mad for paying £250 for Archie to be home boarded for 10 days but he gets to go on frequent walks through the day, he's going to agility with our DW's dog, he's allowed upstairs to sleep on their bed if he wants to, can sit on their furniture, has one of his best buddy's with him all the time and most importantly he will be with people that he knows well and loves and we will be getting daily photos and updates. I think it's a bargain!

• Like 2

Merledogs, pleased you have had a better night and hopefully Timmy is now better too

Jazz, how odd Lol

I am hoping the headache has gone...seems fine at the moment but worried about jinxing it Lol i wonder if it is infection or inflammation...if it comes back when i stop the naproxen then it is inflammation and not infection...i think...back to the dr tomorrow

Yantan, as long as you are happy and know arhie will be well cared for and if you an afford it...what does it matter?? you are having a holiday and he is having a sleepover at his buddies house Lol....i refused to go to the training classes run by the vets puppy party lady as she said that dogs shouldn't be on the furniture....that is for individual people to choose, not for her to tell me, as soon as those words were out of her mouth i just looked at my dad and he just laughed his head off as he knew exactly what i was thinking Lol

Yantan, £25 is not a lot when you look at what kennels charge and he is getting luxury accommodation and treatment. You can also take off the cost of a dog walk, so what is left is for everything else.

It is just part of the cost of a holiday when you have animals.

I have friends who pay £37 per 24 hours for somone to come and stay with their two dogs when they go away. They did use the

local kennels which are excellent but the older dog os now 12 1/2 and not so good on her back legs so they feel she is too old for kennels now.

I used a cooling spray for hot flushes. It was very good.

Enjoy your wet room, Jazz.

We had a new town that consisted of streets and roundabouts. All the streets looked the same so it was very easy to get lost

and end up at the wrong end of the town.

Griff, glad your headache has gone.

When I ran my training classes I always said I was not there to tell them how their dog should behave but to help them achieve what they wanted. The only time I would say anything is if they were allowing behaviour that would be dangerous or lead to

problems later on- like the GSD pup that was treated like a baby and then started growling at the husband when he went to get into bed with the wife.

• Like 1